Author Topic: Boston College Basketball  (Read 48548 times)

Re: Boston College Basketball
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
BC opens up the season tonight at Conte Forum against Dartmouth.  This should be a gimmee game and an opening night victory for the eagles.

Last year Dartmouth finished with one player finishing with double digit scoring in the Ivy League.  Alex Barnett is a 6-6 forward who averaged 17.9 ppg in his Junior year. 

That being said, I dont think Dartmouth really has a change to match the athletesism or size of the BC team.  Dartmouth's tallest player is 6-8 so BC should have the edge on the inside using their flex offense.  I think the main thing to watch for in this game is how Biko Paris replaces team captain and leader the last two years Tyrese Rice.  Biko is a Junior pg and team captain this year and looks to be a solid contributer. 

The first two games of the season will be important for BC getting their act together before the paradise jam tournament which begins with a game against St. Josephs november 20th.  Im going to the game and will put together a recap either tonight or tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, Go Eagles!
I'm interested to see if Southern or Dunn can score in the post against the smaller players. I really liked Biko last game with 0 points and 9 assists. He's the prototypical floor general.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Bc Win by 30+ tonight.  Granted it was Dartmouth, but Rakim Sanders and Cory Raji both didn't play.  Definitely a good way to start the season. 

Oh and Tyrese Rice jerseys were on sale from 49.99 to 11 bucks.  How can you beat that?

Edit: Sanders, Raji, and Courtney Dunn are all suspended the first two games for unspecified violation of team rules.  Way to lead by example guys...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:27:35 PM by Rondo2287 »
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
BC plays their second game of the young season tonight against Saint Francis(NY).  Ya I havent heard of them either.  BC is coming off of a 32 point victory against Dartmouth on Friday and SF is coming off a 4 point loss to Brown.  Some things to watch out for tonight are the play of Trapani and Roche. 

Tyler Roche is coming off a career game in which he scored 30 against Dartmouth.  SF has more height than Dartmoth though with a starting front court that measures, 6-7,6-7,6-9.  It will be more difficult for Roche to get his shot off since he wont be towering over his opponents so we will have to see how he does. 

Trapani is another guy I want to watch for.  He was a non factor in the first half of last game because he picked up two quick fouls and had to sit the rest of the half.  I am hoping that he will be able to get into a rythem and dominate the game if he can stay out of foul trouble because his size and athleticism will be hard for SF to match in their frontcourt. 

BC will also be sitting two starters for the second game of their two game suspension tonight.  Rakim Sanders and Cory Raji were suspended before the game last friday for an undisclosed violation of team rules. 

Looking at the box score of their last game, SF does have some scoring threats.  G Akeem Bennett put up 19-6-6 in their game against brown and will be a tough matchup for Reggie Jackson on the Defensive end.  Definitly a matchup that I would be much more comfortable with if Sanders were playing.  Also, their center put up 13 and 6 against Brown so that could be a test for Southern. 

As always, Go Eagles. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2009, 09:26:27 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I like how Skinner suspends two of our best players, to send a message. Of course he only suspends them for two games that can be won easily without them. Sends a message about the rules, but shows he still wants to win.

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Ya, I think going into the year, Sanders will be one of our best players because of his inside outside game.  And while I do like the discipline it still sends bad memories of Sean Williams, and thinking about that waste of freakish talent always makes me mad. 

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Ya, I think going into the year, Sanders will be one of our best players because of his inside outside game.  And while I do like the discipline it still sends bad memories of Sean Williams, and thinking about that waste of freakish talent always makes me mad. 
Sean Williams is an idiot, he was caught numerous times smoking weed in public on campus. Sanders, Raji and Dunn are not that stupid. They probably were late to practice or are on academic probation. That we don't know what they did makes it more likely that it isn't that bad.
Is the game on tv tonight?

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
BC won last night over St. Francis by a score of 72-44.  The Eagles were lead by Tyler Roche who had his second impressive outing in a row putting up 19 points including an impressive 5-6 from behind the arc.  Also helping the Eagles secure the victory was an absoulutely BEASTLY night from Reggie Jackson who had 17 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists.  St Francis had another impressive outing from Akeem Bennett who has now put up 19 points and 18 point totals in his first two games. 

Overall this was the second far from dominating blowout by the Eagles in this young season.  BC looked sloppy again with 16 turnovers.  They shot 5-16 from three point land so besides Roche the team went 0-11 from behind the arc.  But really, the needless turnovers are what worry me.  If you dont take care of the ball in the ACC you will get trounced night in and night out.  I think some of this can be attributed to having a new starting PG and having two starters out due to suspension.

BC's next test will be Friday night against St. Joseph's in the first round of the paradise jam tournament. 

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
EDITED

Quote from: Rules
Do not mock others, including by posting mocking images.  Comments such as "worst thread ever" are not permitted.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:10:30 AM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also on another note, the ESPN top 100 forward that goes to high school in Concord MA, decommitted from Arizona and signed with Vanderbilt.  Go figure.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:13:09 AM by Rondo2287 »

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Random finding that people following this thread might find somewhat interesting: Former Boston College F/C Tyrelle Blair is a member of the Maine Red Claws. It says the team acquired him through "allocation." I'm not quite sure what that means in this context so feel free to fill me in (I'm kind of curious about that now).

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/blair.html

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Random finding that people following this thread might find somewhat interesting: Former Boston College F/C Tyrelle Blair is a member of the Maine Red Claws. It says the team acquired him through "allocation." I'm not quite sure what that means in this context so feel free to fill me in (I'm kind of curious about that now).

http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/blair.html
I'll check out his facebook page to see if he has anything about it him playing with the Red Claws.
Funny story about him, I was going to the liquor store to pick up a 30 and Blair was in front of me in line. What was he buying? a six pack of smirnoff ice, not his proudest day.

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
My apologies to the moderators and to Rondo 2887, but most schools have their own blog where fellow fans do their thing....my alma mater is at umasshoops.com.....a very interactive site despite the prospects of another poor year....I come to celticsblog.com to talk and pro hoops and occasionally share in life's experiences for the younger members through the eyes of senior citizen.....if I wanted more about BC, I'd turn on EEI or go to their site

So once again....my apologies

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
BC officially got their three recruits so far signed. 

Three student-athletes - 6-foot-2-inch guard Brady Heslip, 6-foot-10-inch forward Kevin Noreen and 6-foot-9-inch forward Papa Samba Ndao - have signed national letters of intent to play basketball at Boston College, according to an announcement by Boston College head coach Al Skinner. All three players will begin play during the 2010-11 season.

Heslip averaged 28 points and four assists per game at Burlington, Ontario's Nelson High School in 2008-09. He led the Lords to the AAA/AAAA district championship game, where he tallied 26 points. This past summer, Heslip gained greater notoriety while playing with Grassroots Canada. The 6-foot-2-inch guard is currently playing at the New Hampton (N.H.) School.

Noreen averaged 32.8 points, 12.4 rebounds, 5.5 steals and 4.8 assists per game during the 2008-09 season at the Minnesota Transitions Charter School. He shot 66 percent from the field for the Wolves. He also made a name for himself in the Minnesota Pump N Run program.

Samba Ndao averaged 8.3 points per game as a junior at Montverde (Fla.) Academy. A two-year team captain, he shot 80 percent from free-throw line. This past summer, he played at the Nike Hoops Challenge. From there he was selected for the Senegal team in the Nike Global Challenge. His effort earned him an invitation to play with Senegal in the U-18 African Championships last month. Samba Ndao also played on the AAU circuit with the Dallas Heroes.

Boston College (2-0) returns to action on Friday, Nov. 20 against Saint Joseph's in the Paradise Jam. Game time is 7 p.m. in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

The numbers that Noreen has put up are pretty intense.  Ndao I guess is more of a freak of an athlete that they project can be a real player, but the 8.3 ppg average kinda worries me. 

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2009, 01:53:42 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
How is BC supposed to be this year? I only ask because I attend the University of Northern Iowa (who BC lost to in the Paradise Jam). UNI is supposed to have a pretty darn good team this year so I was hoping this game would be a good measuring stick of where they should be.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline BigRedDog423

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

All I can say is not a foul. This happened 20 feet in front of me and it was without a doubt the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.