Author Topic: The Greatest Pair of Shoes EVER  (Read 76160 times)

Re: The Greatest Pair of Shoes EVER
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
favorite shoe of all time:

excellent choice. 

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49

Nike Air "Kevin Garnett" = Dope
UBUNTU

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

are u being sarcastic?  serious question.  if you are serious, its cool, i just never came across someone who would honestly say starbury kicks are the best, especially "ever".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:13:40 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Nah, Im just messing around I have never tried them, however I do think that its pretty admirable that he tried to market them as more affordable shoes.  Granted if a guy like KG did the same thing it would alot better received, but ya, I was kidding about them being the best. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Nah, Im just messing around I have never tried them, however I do think that its pretty admirable that he tried to market them as more affordable shoes.  Granted if a guy like KG did the same thing it would alot better received, but ya, I was kidding about them being the best. 

gotchya.

other bball players to do similar business....

olajuwon with spaulding
shaq with "dunkman" (his own brand
more recently, al harrington with protege
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:25:48 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Converse has updated the Weapon with a new version called Weapon EVO

http://www.converse.com/#/products/shoes/basketball/110913

guess who got a free pair for agreeing to review them - this blog has some perks
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

guess who got a free pair for agreeing to review them - this blog has some perks

im jealous!!!!  if you ever need a "regular poster" to review sneakers on here, i would love to do it.  i am passionate about collecting and highly knowledgeable about footwear.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

im jealous!!!!  if you ever need a "regular poster" to review sneakers on here, i would love to do it.  i am passionate about collecting and highly knowledgeable about footwear.

I'm sure if you just started posting about shoes you'd get some good responses.  Throw out a new topics/fanposts, etc.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I have always thought the idea of "reviewing" footwear, or fashion in general was always a very strange thing, because it really is such a subjective thing.  Other than the actual quality of the materials and handiwork, I just find it kind of strange for anyone to review styles like that.  You either like it or you don't, and everyone's opinion is different.

I suppose this is a problem with reviews of anything, but for some reason, it always came across as much stranger to me when people review clothes than other works of art (where it is easier to seethe skill of the artist, even if you don't like their style).

edit: sorry for the tangent, this just has always been something that confused me.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
A couple other sneakerheads in here...nice. I guess I should've expected it on a basketball forum.

Pretty excited for these to come out in Nov...if I don't get shot in the parking lot.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 05:40:19 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter

I'm sure if you just started posting about shoes you'd get some good responses.  Throw out a new topics/fanposts, etc.

I'm sure there are a few good blogs on shoes, but I don't know of any - that would be a great way to get hooked up all the time
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 06:37:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
A couple other sneakerheads in here...nice. I guess I should've expected it on a basketball forum.

Pretty excited for these to come out in Nov...if I don't get shot in the parking lot.

i know i am in the very low minority when i say this, but im not a big space jam fan.  i am on the fridge of copping them this winter.  $175 for the cdp mold isnt worth it in my opinion.  i am a HUGE fan of the concords though.  those and the blk/cement 3's are my favs of any shoe.  if i can score a pair for below reatil, which will be [dang] near impossible bc the hype of these is already ridiculous :)

2010 will be a great year with a series of 6's dropping.  im more excited about that than the space jams releasing.  there is also a rumor floating around that the cement 4's may drop in 2010 as well.

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 06:41:30 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Thought these were a cool idea, the Air McFly, based on Marty's from "Back to the Future 2."