Author Topic: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra  (Read 6918 times)

Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i forgot....bdm, tp for u for the review.  i didnt read the spoiler one bc i dont wanna know what happens....but im sure it was great  ;)

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
it was a bad movie...2 hour plus toy commercial...dennis quaid reached an all time low in this movie...horrible

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:36 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i rented gi joe the other day, and i enjoyed it.  it wasnt great, but it was enjoyable.  i dont think it was as good as the hype b4 it released in the cinema, and i didnt think it was as bad as many in the thread suggested.  i will definitely see the sequel when it releases as i am intrigued to see where they take the story.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:22:18 AM by dark_lord »

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
i rented gi joe the other day, and i enjoyed it.  it wasnt great, but it was enjoyable.  i dont think it was as good as the hype b4 it released in the cinema, and i didnt think it was as bad as many in the thread suggested.  i will definitely see the sequel when it releases as i am intrigued to see where they take the story.

dl my problem with GI Joe is the same problem I had with the first 2 X-Men movies. They try to tell too many stories in an hr and 45min. It just can't done. I don't think you need the backstory of every single character leading up to now. Too many stories means not enough development for ANY of them. I don't think the Baroness and Duke needed to be connected at the end. That's a waste of time. Just have a bad ass Baroness and a bad ass Destro(who was seriously a punk. I never believed in that character throughout the entire movie). There was a lot of bad acting and bad writing in this movie. I actually got tired of them saying "and knowing is half the battle" every 5 minutes.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

dl my problem with GI Joe is the same problem I had with the first 2 X-Men movies. They try to tell too many stories in an hr and 45min. It just can't done. I don't think you need the backstory of every single character leading up to now. Too many stories means not enough development for ANY of them. I don't think the Baroness and Duke needed to be connected at the end. That's a waste of time. Just have a bad ass Baroness and a bad ass Destro(who was seriously a punk. I never believed in that character throughout the entire movie). There was a lot of bad acting and bad writing in this movie. I actually got tired of them saying "and knowing is half the battle" every 5 minutes.

I agree, the problem was trying to tell too many backstories in one movie, but also the way they changed the backstories. The ruined the snake-eyes, storm shadow backstory by making them kids and making a bs reason why snake eyes doesn't speak (the real story was he can't speak because his face & vocal cords were burned), and the baroness should not be connected with duke and should not be cobra commander's sister, but whatever sells toys I guess. Destro should have been much more badass, that guy they chose was not even close. Also, snake eyes should be a much bigger focus of the story, he is the coolest character of them all and was put in the background.