Author Topic: 2010 target?  (Read 20547 times)

Re: 2010 target?
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celtics target for the 2010/2011 season?  I am not sure if this has occurred to anyone else but we may be in the FA market for a starting PF.  I really don't know because no one seems to discuss "the knee" but I am seeing a man who is playing on a very sore knee.  Last year's lack of transparency by the Celtics ended in surgery for KG.  This year I get the felling we aren't hearing the whole story either.

Does anyone else see KG always landing on one leg after every block or dunk?

Is anyone else worried?

If I am way off and KG is fine, I see the Celtics drafting the most athletic available wing in both rounds.

Don't forget we have a deferred pick at Center, Semih Erden, so we don't need to draft another unless a real surprise drops in our lap.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:14:33 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Celtics target for the 2010/2011 season?  I am not sure if this has occurred to anyone else but we may be in the FA market for a starting PF.  I really don't know because no one seems to discuss "the knee" but I am seeing a man who is playing on a very sore knee.  Last year's lack of transparency by the Celtics ended in surgery for KG.  This year I get the felling we aren't hearing the whole story either.

Is anyone else worried?

If I am way off and KG is fine, I see the Celtics drafting the most athletic available wing in both rounds.

Don't forget we have a deferred pick at Center, Semih Erden, so we don't need to draft another unless a real surprise drops in our lap.

Are you saying Erden is going to be with the Celtics next year?

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I would like to see Erden come over.

I think he would be a solid third string center for the Celtics.

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Tony Allen, Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels. I think those guys could be good additions. Seeing as in how that's all we can really afford.

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Erden can't score, and doesn't rebound well enough to make that acceptable.

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

Offline gojko

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
What about Cris Bosh?? Hi would be good investition...

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Is anyone else worried?

Are you saying Erden is going to be with the Celtics next year?

I have no idea what the plans are for Erden but he is like an extra draft pick so I don't think they need to draft another center.  I would like to see him in summer league and perhaps even preseason camp so we can all see what we have and where he is at.

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
just for those who are curious about semih erden...from wiki...

Erden is a regular player on the Turkish national team. His first international experience came in the 2005 U20 European Championships held in Moscow. He averaged 10.4 points and 8.0 rebounds in seven games for Turkey. In the 2006 U20 European Championships, held in Izmir, Turkey, Erden helped lead Turkey to a silver medal, averaging 5.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in eight games. In the same year, he earned a spot on the Turkish team for the 2006 World Championship in Japan. He contributed 2.2 points and 2.3 rebounds a game. In the 2007 European Championship in Spain, Erden averaged 1.0 points and 1.0 rebounds in his five games.

from the Fenerbahce Ulke team web page, in 2009-2010 erden is averaging....

22 minutes/game
6.2 points/game
57.9% FT
5.4 rebounds/game
0.9 blocks/game
3.6 fouls/game

if this is the future of the celtics, i am officially depressed.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:30 AM »

Offline hubert.the.potato

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
What would be sweet would be if we drafted someone like Elliot Williams,whose a athletic guard with a pretty good jumper,resigned Ray to a two year contract for about 15 million each year and hoped that the Utah Jazz pick up Cousins using NYK's unprotected pick.We can then send him and Rasheed to Utah for Cousins,Korver and maybe Harpring.
This makes sense for the Jazz,because Cousins isn't going to get to much time behind Millsap and Boozer(if they resign him ).Also,the have a shortage at SG where Ray can probably give them some good stats for two years,and Rasheed is a good backup for Okur.Then,after 2 years,they can probably go after Durant,'Melo,Dwight or somebody.
We get a strong big and an athletic two guard from the draft,probably sign a guy who can shoot and rotate TA,Williams and the MLE around the two guard.
Apologies if this isn't the right thread for this

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I was looking at some mock drafts and a guy who keeps coming up around the Celtics pick is Tericho White. I haven't seen much of the guy but I heard he is a very athletic 2 that has some serious offensive talent. But from what Ive heard, he also seems like he could be Gerald Green 2. Any thoughts on this player?
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »

Offline Asce

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 3
What would be sweet would be if we drafted someone like Elliot Williams,whose a athletic guard with a pretty good jumper,resigned Ray to a two year contract for about 15 million each year and hoped that the Utah Jazz pick up Cousins using NYK's unprotected pick.We can then send him and Rasheed to Utah for Cousins,Korver and maybe Harpring.
This makes sense for the Jazz,because Cousins isn't going to get to much time behind Millsap and Boozer(if they resign him ).Also,the have a shortage at SG where Ray can probably give them some good stats for two years,and Rasheed is a good backup for Okur.Then,after 2 years,they can probably go after Durant,'Melo,Dwight or somebody.
We get a strong big and an athletic two guard from the draft,probably sign a guy who can shoot and rotate TA,Williams and the MLE around the two guard.

If the Jazz were able to get their hands on DeMarcus Cousins in the lottery (which appears very likely as the Knicks are falling deeper and deeper into the Conference abyss). They wouldn't re-sign Boozer.

Millsap has already proven to be a very effective PF, and Cousins could prove to be Millsap's compliment in the lowpost.

Hopefully Sloan realizes that Okur is on the decline and plays him behind Cousins, who (all things considered) should be a better player.

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »

Offline hubert.the.potato

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

If the Jazz were able to get their hands on DeMarcus Cousins in the lottery (which appears very likely as the Knicks are falling deeper and deeper into the Conference abyss). They wouldn't re-sign Boozer.

Millsap has already proven to be a very effective PF, and Cousins could prove to be Millsap's compliment in the lowpost.

Hopefully Sloan realizes that Okur is on the decline and plays him behind Cousins, who (all things considered) should be a better player.
You never know.They might have want to keep Cousins as an asset and get an upgrade on SG.Thats where they REALLY suck right now

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think Danny should take a look at this Da'Sean Butler kid.  He's looked pretty ridiculous in the Big East tournament this weekend.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2010, 05:44:46 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is our 2010 target:

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2010, 08:49:01 AM »

Offline Celticsbloke

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
What would be sweet would be if we drafted someone like Elliot Williams,whose a athletic guard with a pretty good jumper,resigned Ray to a two year contract for about 15 million each year and hoped that the Utah Jazz pick up Cousins using NYK's unprotected pick.We can then send him and Rasheed to Utah for Cousins,Korver and maybe Harpring...

I like the optimism  ;D but since the Jazz already have Millsap, they could just as easily draft a different player that suits their needs - a SG who can shoot for instance!

I'd also be horrified if we signed Ray to a two year, $30 mill contract! Good player, love to watch him, but I think Danny should be able to get him for a much more reasonable chunk of our cap. Since Ray has said he wants to retire a Celtic and Danny wasn't able to get that much for Ray before the deadline, I would think we can sign him for two years, $15 mill. That gives us a little wiggle room, to bring back guys like Daniels and/or Robinson next season so we continue to have a bench.