Author Topic: 2010 target?  (Read 20558 times)

Re: 2010 target?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
no way, 2011 target should be Rakim Sanders or as I like to call him TA version 2.0

Then all we need to do is sign Erick Barkley (He played 27 games for Portland a couple years ago) and we'll have Eric(k) B. and Rakim. That's an instant championship.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »

Offline James Haley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Banner 18
I am leaning towards a PF/C. Keeping in mind we are far from getting a lottery draft pick we had a top 5 that will be the last for years to come. DeMarcus Cousins from Kentucky is projected mid-late 1st round he would be a steal for us. Taken under Garnetts Wing this could could be a top PF in the next two years. Look Him Up. With a future 5 of Rondo, Perk, Bill Walker or better and Cousins we just need a 2 guard maybe a future free agent.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am leaning towards a PF/C. Keeping in mind we are far from getting a lottery draft pick we had a top 5 that will be the last for years to come. DeMarcus Cousins from Kentucky is projected mid-late 1st round he would be a steal for us. Taken under Garnetts Wing this could could be a top PF in the next two years. Look Him Up. With a future 5 of Rondo, Perk, Bill Walker or better and Cousins we just need a 2 guard maybe a future free agent.
Draft Express mentions he reminds them of Eddy Curry.  If that's really the case, no thanks.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Here is a link for a 2010 mock draft if you want to get familiar with some names.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/

I'm not overly impressed with who they think the C's will pick.  I still say Danny will pick the best player available. I just hope at that late spot in the first round he's able to at least find someone that will turn out to be a decent rotation/bench player.  Any production out of the second round slot will be gravy.

With the only young prospects that figure to be around next year being Walker and Hudson, we have some room for another prospect or two.  Whoever they pick won't figure to see floor time until their second year at best.

I don't see Danny bringing back both Daniels and TA-->most likely just Daniels with hopefully Walker developing into the other backup wing.  Optimistically, Hudson will have developed enough to take House's spot in the rotation.  The 1st rounder should have the luxury of not being counted upon for productive minutes while they're a rookie but definitely needs to be someone that can contribute by year 2.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 02:00:46 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
no way, 2011 target should be Rakim Sanders or as I like to call him TA version 2.0

Then all we need to do is sign Erick Barkley (He played 27 games for Portland a couple years ago) and we'll have Eric(k) B. and Rakim. That's an instant championship.

tp, one of my all time favs!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
It'll be best player available as always with Danny.

He'll be picking somewhere between 28-30.  at that point, it's get the best player still on the board.

TP.  Cs will take Best Player Available in the draft.

Exactly--and Danny will probably get him.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
i like jon scheyer for some reason he is good at getting his rebounds on misses and is shooting pretty well this year

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I dunno...with the injuries and missed time, I could see us losing more games like the recent Chicago game and moving up in the draft to 25th or so, which might change things.  Unlikely, but possible.

More likely, I could see Danny trading the pick at the deadline this year, since the "sellers" this year seem to want expirings and picks to rebuild, and we could use rotation players.  Could we trade for some up-and-comer that will command more $$$ than a team like Memphis will want to pay (Rudy Gay)?  I'd rather do that than have a late pick any day.

The pick might be more valuable to another team than to us.  At least I hope so.

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I've noticed Greg Monroe's stock has dropped a bit into the mid to late first round.

If he drops as far as the 20's, Danny ought to consider trading up in the draft to take him.  We could certainly use a 6'11'' PF prospect with lots of potential and a decent post game.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I've noticed Greg Monroe's stock has dropped a bit into the mid to late first round.

If he drops as far as the 20's, Danny ought to consider trading up in the draft to take him.  We could certainly use a 6'11'' PF prospect with lots of potential and a decent post game.

I am a big Monroe fan.  He may not be super athletic, but he is very long, and very skilled.  I think if they get him on an NBA training regimen, and working with a good big man coach, he could be very good. 

The other guy who I think the C's should target is Booker out of Clemson.  He is a classic, undersized PF who will go much lower than he should because of the lack of size.  I think he has potential to be a Leon Powe type, and could even leap into the Boozer/Millsap category.  He is a very good athlete, has a great motor, and just seems to have a nose for the ball. 

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
For some reason he's not on that mock draft list at all, but I'm pushing for Andy Rautins to be picked to take over Eddie House's role.  I'm an unabashed Syracuse homer, but Rautins is maybe the most pro-ready prospect that'll be available for us. 

-Great shooter, especially in the clutch
-Excellent passer (leads team in assists)
-Better size than Eddie (6'4" with decent length)
-Can finish on the break
-Excellent off-ball defender, terrific at jumping into passing lanes and stripping the ball on drives (2.4 stl pg)
-Has been around pros all his life (dad was a long-time NBA and Euro pro) and has played on the Canadian national team since 2005.
-Definitely has a bit of a mean streak, and plays aggressively at all times.  A good fit for our team's personality.

The major concerns are his age (he's 23), his knees (he blew out his ACL 2 years ago and missed a year, plus his dad was plagued by knee problems), and his ability to drive the ball (pretty lacking).  But I think he'd be ready to step in and contribute from Day 1, and would fit in well with the team's offensive and defensive philosophy.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
If the kid Pondexter is available at 20, Ainge should consider trading up to ensure drafting him

He has Gerald Wallace with offensive ability written all over him
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I was doing a little research and two names I came up with were Larry Sanders (VCU) and Ishmael Smith (Wake Forest). I don't much about about Sanders but from what Ive read and seen on the highlights, I really would like to see him on the Celtics. I don't know if he'll drop to us but he seems like one of those semi-project prospects that could fall to late first round. Smith is a guy I've seen a couple of times. He's really quick, on par with rondo I think and can finish in the paint. I think we would be a great backup for rondo and a realistic option for a late second round pick. The only problem is that he might be a worse shooter than rondo. But he plays decent defense and is an excellent passer who has 4 years of college under his belt. What do you guys think?
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I am a big Monroe fan.  He may not be super athletic, but he is very long, and very skilled.  I think if they get him on an NBA training regimen, and working with a good big man coach, he could be very good. 

The other guy who I think the C's should target is Booker out of Clemson.  He is a classic, undersized PF who will go much lower than he should because of the lack of size.  I think he has potential to be a Leon Powe type, and could even leap into the Boozer/Millsap category.  He is a very good athlete, has a great motor, and just seems to have a nose for the ball. 

I agree with you, I like both of these guys.  I go to Maryland so I watch plenty of ACC basketball.  Booker is legit.  He's very strong, very athletic, and he plays with a mean streak, all of which help him make up for his lack of height.  He's also a surprisingly good passer, he had some nifty passes against the Terps.  I've only seen Monroe play a few times but he seems like a good fit with Perk.  He can play the high post and he's a great passer.  I don't know if he'll be there by the time the C's pick but I'd be thrilled to get him or Booker.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
In the 20-35 range on NBAdraft.net or Chad Ford 100 - the guy that jumps out is:

Devin Ebanks from West Virginia

super run and jump athlete, mega versatile in basketball skills - raw, but real superstar potential.  like gerald green there is major bust potential, but in that draft position, you NEED to take homerun swings.  danny was not wrong picking green - the move just didn't work.  i'd rather strike out on those guys than jr giddens, whose upside was not substantial anyway.