Author Topic: Wii Sports Resort  (Read 5081 times)

Wii Sports Resort
« on: July 28, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Anyone get it? I'm probably going to pick it up sometime this weekend for the Motion Plus thingy. The gf and I play a decent amount of Wii so we've been pretty amped for Sports Resort. The basketball seems similar to the arcade version which is neat since we both like that. Ping pong looks good too.

Re: Wii Sports Resort
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I picked it up this Sunday because Toys R Us had a deal where they gave you a $20 gift card with it. I went back Monday to pick up the second Motion Plus so I could play multiplayer.

Basketball is pretty fun, as is sword fighting, and the table tennis. Other than that I've played ski diving and archery and enjoyed them. Cycling less so.

Definitely glad I made the purchase. I'm going gamefly tiger woods golf and some of the tennis games and see what they're like.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
good stuff, yeah we're weary about making essentially a $70 investment in a game (need the second wii motion to really play it).  But maybe we'll see deals like you got at Toys R Us
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I need wii motion
I am too much into guitar right now
I need a change i am getting lazy.
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
I need wii motion
 ;D

Get a Wii Fit! Though, it judges you when you step on it and forces you to give it reasons for weight gain....

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I need wii motion
 ;D

Get a Wii Fit! Though, it judges you when you step on it and forces you to give it reasons for weight gain....

Edgar way to go
Five Seven Five is Haiku!
Wii Motion Looks Fun

sidenote

Wii fit is pretty great, it definitely makes you feel bad about your weight, and the balance games are supurb. My only qualm with it is the cardio on it is fairly lame.  I can't imagine you're burning much running in place for 2 minutes, and the step is so low you're not getting much impact.  I have been playing Golds Gym Cardio Boxing (or something to that effect) and after 20-30 minutes I am sweating from it, its worth the 30 bucks if you want a good cardio workout

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
I need wii motion
 ;D

Edgar way to go
Wii Motion Looks Fun

sidenote

Wii fit is pretty great, it definitely makes you feel bad about your weight, and the balance games are supurb. My only qualm with it is the cardio on it is fairly lame.  I can't imagine you're burning much running in place for 2 minutes, and the step is so low you're not getting much impact.  I have been playing Golds Gym Cardio Boxing (or something to that effect) and after 20-30 minutes I am sweating from it, its worth the 30 bucks if you want a good cardio workout

Fit is sweet, though, the gf and I only use it in the morning as warmup to do yoga, strength exercies and to a lesser extent the balance games. We both typically try to run/bike/hike afterwards so cardio isn't a problem.

I do wish it could settle on a "healthy" weight and BMI. I'm 5'9 and 153 lbs and fear its wrath everytime I step on it. Even if I gain 1-5 lbs, it will chastise me. It could seriously give some people disorders.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I need wii motion
 ;D

Edgar way to go
Wii Motion Looks Fun

sidenote

Fit is sweet, though, the gf and I only use it in the morning as warmup to do yoga, strength exercies and to a lesser extent the balance games. We both typically try to run/bike/hike afterwards so cardio isn't a problem.

I do wish it could settle on a "healthy" weighth and BMI. I'm 5'9 and 153 lbs and fear its wrath everytime I step on it. Even if I gain 1-5 lbs, it will chastise me. It could seriously give some people disorders.

i know I know
I have to cut some  meals
and enter the healthy world
I made I promess it have to be this month
so i will keep u informed if i decided wii as the entertaining way to go... ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I just don't see myself using Wii fit enough to justify the purchase. I got Wii Motion Plus because I forsee wanting it for future games mainly.

I have gained 7-8 pounds since I started dating my current GF. I take her out too often.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I just don't see myself using Wii fit enough to justify the purchase. I got Wii Motion Plus because I forsee wanting it for future games mainly.

I have gained 7-8 pounds since I started dating my current GF. I take her out too often.

I wouldn't count on it being useful for future games, the history of console peripheral add ons being utilized in the long term is not good - essentially if you're a game developer, do you make your game for the thing everyone has (the wii-motes) or the thing only 10-20% of your market has (wii motion plus)

very rarely does the extra peripheral catch on...

see: Nintendo Power Pad, Nintendo 64DD, Sega CD, PowerGlove, etc.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I wouldn't count on it being useful for future games, the history of console peripheral add ons being utilized in the long term is not good - essentially if you're a game developer, do you make your game for the thing everyone has (the wii-motes) or the thing only 10-20% of your market has (wii motion plus)

The odds are that there will be several big games that will use it. I love video game tennis/golf games as well as the AAA in house nintendo titles.

All of those will be using Wii Motion plus. That's enough to justify the purchase as that will likely be 5+ titles.

Add to it that Sony/Microsoft have added 1 to 1 motion peripherals to their plans I think I'll get plenty of use out of them.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton

The odds are that there will be several big games that will use it. I love video game tennis/golf games as well as the AAA in house nintendo titles.

All of those will be using Wii Motion plus. That's enough to justify the purchase as that will likely be 5+ titles.

Add to it that Sony/Microsoft have added 1 to 1 motion peripherals to their plans I think I'll get plenty of use out of them.

I could definently see LucasArts making a better lightsaber/Star Wars game with the Motion Plus. EA could also use it for their sports games much like how Woods '10 is now.