Author Topic: reporting  (Read 2843 times)

reporting
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
a suggestion/request that i'd like to propose:

when reporting a post or message to a mod, can a mod address the request via pm to the reporting party.  i understand that the mod cant necessarily say what steps will or wont be taken, but to shoot a person a pm saying that "we got your report and will look into it" would be beneficial, rather than leaving the reporting party clueless if the report has been received.

thanks guys :)

Re: reporting
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If the staff receives an alert, I can guarantee that you'll have several moderators all looking into it.

Of course, we can't guarantee we'll do anything.  Some reports we investigate result in no action, some result in an edit or warning, and some result in greater discipline.

I can't guarantee that moderators will respond to the reporting poster on every such instance; a lot of times, that will just make things worse.  The best thing to do, if you're worried that a situation isn't being addressed, is to initiate contact by way of a PM with a moderator or administrator.

(Also, as an aside:  I'm not sure that the "alert to a moderator" option is working for reported private messages, so it may be better to address inappropriate PMs by sending them along to a mod.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: reporting
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
thanks for the feedback roy, its appreciated