Author Topic: Lebron Fan Here (Coming in Peace)  (Read 10587 times)

Lebron Fan Here (Coming in Peace)
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Hey guys, whats up? I just registered today, but I have been following CelticsBlog since last season. A lot of crazy moves this offseason, especially for the top 3 teams in the East (Boston, Cleveland, Orlando). I was just curious as to what type of season you guys were expecting out of your boys in green and how the rest of the East will shape up. Good luck this season!!! (But not too much luck :P)

Re: Lebron Fan Here (Coming in Peace)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:20:48 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Welcome.

I think the healthy Celtics are the best team in the East.  Neither Cleveland nor Orlando have a great defensive matchup to deal with KG. 

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
Welcome.

I think the healthy Celtics are the best team in the East.  Neither Cleveland nor Orlando have a great defensive matchup to deal with KG. 

Not a lot of teams do have an answer for KG.......

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Welcome.

True.  That's why most on here believe that the Celtics would still be the defending champ if he had not been injured. 

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Love LeBron

But not as much as the Celts!
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
Welcome.

True.  That's why most on here believe that the Celtics would still be the defending champ if he had not been injured. 

I do think Boston would of beat Orlando with KG also. But Boston doesn't give Cleveland the same matchup problems Orlando did. Does that mean Cleveland would of beat Boston? Who knows, I personally think they would of. However, I don't think anyone was going to beat the Lakers. If they lose Odom, the are definitely weaker though. But that team just had way too much talent to lose. Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, etc.... A lot of potential mismatches in that lineup.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Welcome.

I do think Boston would of beat Orlando with KG also. But Boston doesn't give Cleveland the same matchup problems Orlando did. Does that mean Cleveland would of beat Boston? Who knows, I personally think they would of. However, I don't think anyone was going to beat the Lakers. If they lose Odom, the are definitely weaker though. But that team just had way too much talent to lose. Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, etc.... A lot of potential mismatches in that lineup.

I think last year, with the defense the Celtics can play, that lack of the 2nd option would have doomed Cleveland.  That's why they got Shaq, right?

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:40:50 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Last year was last year, it's over. This year, I am thinking we will give Cleveland all kinds of matchup problems. Rasheed will be a major factor, as will Shaq. If Shaq is allowed to "bulldoze" through the playoffs then the Boston-Cleveland matchup, assuming there is one, might be a fantastic one. Lebron is, in my opinion, far and away the best player in the game today. That said, I think the emergence this year of Rondo and continued development of Perk with the new additions will offset anything Cleveland or Orlando will do. BBD will play a major part of our post season success due to dealing defensively with Shaq and Howard. I almost believe that resigning BBD is the key factor in banner 18. It should be a great year for both teams with Boston coming out on top, barring significant trades.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
Welcome.

I think last year, with the defense the Celtics can play, that lack of the 2nd option would have doomed Cleveland.  That's why they got Shaq, right?

I don't want to get into the woulda/coulda/shoulda's lol. But Orlando's height advantage/hot shooting/and Dwight Howard caused a lot of problems. Boston was noticeably running on fumes that game 7 and I don't think they could of made it through another tough 7 game series. Especially without KG.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Welcome.

I think the  Celtics are the best team in the East.  Neither  nor  have a great defensive matchup to deal with KG. 

.  That's why most on here believe that the Celtics would still be the defending champ if he had not been injured. 

I do think  would of beat  with KG also. But  doesn't give  the same matchup  Orlando did. Does that mean Cleveland would of beat Boston? Who knows, I personally think they would of. However, I don't think anyone was going to beat the Lakers. If they lose Odom, the are definitely weaker though. But that team just had way too much talent to lose. Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, etc.... A lot of potential mismatches in that lineup.

I thought both the Cavs and Celtics were going to beat the Lakers

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Looks like I have a new friend on here....
God bless and good night!

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »

Offline Check_My_Stats

• Oshae Brissett
Last year was last year, it's over. This year, I am thinking we will give Cleveland all kinds of matchup problems. Rasheed will be a major factor, as will Shaq. If Shaq is allowed to "bulldoze" through the playoffs then the Boston-Cleveland matchup, assuming there is one, might be a fantastic one. Lebron is, in my opinion, far and away the best player in the game today. That said, I think the emergence this year of Rondo and continued development of Perk with the new additions will offset anything Cleveland or Orlando will do. BBD will play a major part of our post season success due to dealing defensively with Shaq and Howard. I almost believe that resigning BBD is the key factor in banner 18. It should be a great year for both teams with Boston coming out on top, barring significant trades.

I like the moves Boston made. But has Sheed ever came up big against the Cavs? I mean he just got outplayed by Varejao and Joe Smith for a whole playoff series. That was last season of course, but im just saying. Shaq has historically had his way with Sheed in post. Im not sure about his number against Perkins, but there is no doubt in my mind Kendrick could a better job on Shaq. Sheed can pull shaq out of the paint, but could Big Z against Dwight Howard. Look how well that worked  :P KG is tough, Varejao will just have to do his best and make him work.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
This should be a VERY interesting year.  Now that the biggest FA moves have been made, to me the biggest question is KG's health.  I personally believe that he was pacing himself a bit last year, then with the injury we never got to see if he could have turned it up a notch in the playoffs or not.  With the way last year ended I expect to see him come out this season more with the "kill everything" attitude he had in 07-08.  The only question to me is if his body will be able to reflect that fire.  If so, I expect this to be a very fun year.

With all of the moves, the top teams are starting to resemble the stacked squads of the 80s.  Multiple stars on every team, but each squad still with a definite personality.  Last year was shaping up to be interesting before injuries killed most of the fun matchups, but this year if the injuries stay in check...I'm looking for a throwback season.  Should be a blast.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I like the moves Boston made. But has Sheed ever came up big against the Cavs? I mean he just got outplayed by Varejao and Joe Smith for a whole playoff series. That was last season of course, but im just saying. Shaq has historically had his way with Sheed in post. Im not sure about his number against Perkins, but there is no doubt in my mind Kendrick could a better job on Shaq. Sheed can pull shaq out of the paint, but could Big Z against Dwight Howard. Look how well that worked  :P KG is tough, Varejao will just have to do his best and make him work.
Perk will be on Shaq and Sheed will be playing against your B-team.  That is what will make us better than anyone in my opinion.  We can play big or small and cause a lot of matchup problems with the 3 bigs we currently have.  If we add one more as is the plan right now, barring injury we're a nightmare on offense and defense.

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think even with a healthy KG last year, we WOULD NOT have beated the Cavs. 

They way the C's played in Cleveland last year gave me no reason to believe they could've stole a game there, and it looked like Cleveland playeed us reasonably close in Boston, so they may have taken a game at the garden. 

I'll always take the garden crowd over anyone, but CLE is a difficult place to play, it seems as though the fans are literally on top of the action, which is a major advantage.