Author Topic: Movies You Are Embarrassed to Have Seen  (Read 11702 times)

Re: Movies You Are Embarrassed to Have Seen
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I can't believe I went to see "Myra Breckenridge" but I really can't believe I didn't get up and leave....  :-\

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Belly, who told Nas he could act?

Runaway Bride, Richard Gere and Julia Roberts how could it possibly be bad?  ::) Never let a girl pick the movie without any input.

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 11:29:36 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Rocky Balboa. I thought it might be bad enough to be funny.

I was wrong.

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Honestly, all these chicks thought The Notebook was such a good story. I thought it would be like the Titanic where it is actually enjoyable, but it was just horrible. Didn't draw me in at all.

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »

Offline belgian c fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Cronenberg`s Crash.  By far .......

BTW I liked Asterix and Ovelix

Both of them?

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They're almost all in a long line of chick flicks, the most recent humiliation being "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past", the original being Titanic.

I also watch a lot of kids movies, and I don't have kids. They're Sunday afternoon hangover fair, but I am somewhat embarrassed. Think Ice Age, Harry Potters, The Golden Compass, Narnia, etc...

I watch dumb movies too, but Im not really ashamed of them. Like Dorm Daze, Road Trip 2..whatever.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They're almost all in a long line of chick flicks, the most recent humiliation being "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past", the original being Titanic.

I also watch a lot of kids movies, and I don't have kids. They're Sunday afternoon hangover fair, but I am somewhat embarrassed. Think Ice Age, Harry Potters, The Golden Compass, Narnia, etc...

I watch dumb movies too, but Im not really ashamed of them. Like Dorm Daze, Road Trip 2..whatever.

The nice thing about most of the kids movies these days is that there are fair amount of bones thrown the adults' way.

There's a distinction between a Finding Nemo movie and a Care Bears movie though.
Yup

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

The nice thing about most of the kids movies these days is that there are fair amount of bones thrown the adults' way.

There's a distinction between a Finding Nemo movie and a Care Bears movie though.

Are we talking original Care Bears or Care Bears II: A New Generation? This is an important distinction.

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:03 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Cronenberg`s Crash.  By far .......

BTW I liked Asterix and Ovelix

Both of them?

I`ve only seen Operation Cleopatra. Wasn`t the best movie but the time passed by without looking at the watch

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Are we talking original Care Bears or Care Bears II: A New Generation? This is an important distinction.

Yeh, Care Bear II: A New Generation is one of those rare circumstances where a sequel is actually better than the original   :D
Yup

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »

Offline wild

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Blue Demon

Ridiculous acting and lame storyline  ;D
Get that 18th banner ready!

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeh, Care Bear II: A New Generation is one of those rare circumstances where a sequel is actually better than the original   :D

The fact that you said that gets you 10 Tps. Few people know the truth about what happened during that fateful summer at that summer camp.

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Eyes Wide Shut

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I am afraid to admit that I almost kinda liked that movie with Elizabeth Berkley in Vegas. I forget right now. You know the one.

And halfway enjoyed in a weird way Striptease with Demi Moore

Also Something about Mary, and American Pie. Mixed feelings about Not Another Teen Movie.

Events Horizon

The Cell with J LO

And everything with Julia Roberts
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 05:43:31 PM by eja117 »