Author Topic: Glen Davis and the Paul Millsap poison pill.  (Read 8516 times)

Re: Glen Davis and the Paul Millsap poison pill.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
So let me get this straight, you would want to potentially trade 4 players for Boozer, meaning we'd pay at least 12 million dollars for a guy who might see...how many minutes a game?

If the plan was to play KG and Perk around 32 minutes a game, and have Rasheed play around 20-25, that means our final 4 needs only to be a 10-15 minute guy.

Also, recognize that that would mean we'd be disgustingly cash strapped, and would have to sign a lot of scrubs that woudl cost 2 million (due to tax) to fill up the roster.

People forget everytime we trade people a way we need someone else to take that slot. It better be worth it.

I posted my possible roster above. Yes it would mean more money but it protects us from what happened last year. Perk has a trick shoulder. Both Sheed and KG are entering their 15th seasons. And yes Boozer goes after a year but you own his Bird rights and could resign him while trading either Sheed or Perk.

Or he comes off the books along with Ray and the C's get under the cap, possibly big time if Pierce restructures.

And Doc could play Perk 20 minutes and the other 3 guys about 26 MPG. The efficiency in the front court would be phenomenal. Honestly, I doubt it happens and doubt Ainge would be interested. But he does want scoring off the bench and a 1-2 punch of Boozer and Sheed would be great coming off the bench.
Diminishing marginal returns.

Re: Glen Davis and the Paul Millsap poison pill.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
I would flip Boozer to another team in order to pick up the pieces that we need. Chicago would be my first call.

The league talks to much for that to happen though. Utah would just trade with Chicago since they have more assets than us (or we could jump in on a 3 team bandwagon and hopefully grab something out of it)
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel