Author Topic: Thunder last team available to facilitate BYC sign and trade deals  (Read 2539 times)

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
So like the thread title says, the OKC Thunder have cap space and are probably the only team left that will be able and willing to facilitate a three team deal involving BYC players. I think Portland still has some space too right, but they probably want to sign somebody with it.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/16022736?source=rss_blogs_NBA

It sounds like they will be able to get something good for themselves, with probably every agent of every soon-to-be-BYC player looking for a trade now calling them.

Like if New Orleans is pushing for Baby, then they would have to be on the phone with the Thunder. That's interesting because the Thunder are rumored to like Tony Allen, although maybe that is just because he went to college there.

Still, that does put some other interesting players on the table from OKC's roster.

It would also open the door to larger deals with NO. Tyson Chandler is probably a long shot, but then again the rumor is if they don't find a better idea, he will be traded to Phoenix for Ben Wallace's expiring contract later in the summer. I'm not a fan of most of the ideas for trading Scal, but that is one I'd have to consider.

Re: Thunder last team available to facilitate BYC sign and trade deals
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
They have that partially guaranteed Chucky Atkins contract, which could come in useful in that type of a trade too. Only $760k of his $3.5 million is guaranteed.

Utah should call them and ask the Thunder to be the middle man in a Carlos Boozer trade.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:37:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
That's interesting because the Thunder are rumored to like Tony Allen, although maybe that is just because he went to college there.

Dear God, I hope that's true.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:50 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
That's interesting because the Thunder are rumored to like Tony Allen, although maybe that is just because he went to college there.

Dear God, I hope that's true.

They used to like Tony Allen. Lot of teams used to like Gerald too