Author Topic: How about John Salmons?...  (Read 5383 times)

Re: How about John Salmons?...
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Salmons is a terrible defender, however if we could get him for that cheap (doubtful) i'd do it cause he'd provide some nice scoring off the bench and he would be guarding bench players mostly so his awful defense wouldnt be as big of an issue

He's actually a very serviceable defender. Maybe the best lockdown player we'd have if we got him but Chicago wouldn't do this deal.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »

Offline PerkinsIsABEAST

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Salmons is a terrible defender, however if we could get him for that cheap (doubtful) i'd do it cause he'd provide some nice scoring off the bench and he would be guarding bench players mostly so his awful defense wouldnt be as big of an issue

He's actually a very serviceable defender. Maybe the best lockdown player we'd have if we got him but Chicago wouldn't do this deal.

Pierce's defense >>>>>>> Salmon's defense

seems like a lot of u just watch how he played against the celtics and ignore how he played against the rest of the league

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Best lockdown defenders a stretch. PP, KG, Rasheed, Perk and Rondo would all be better wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 12:36:53 PM by GKC »
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Chicago is trying to get Boozer. The trades I have seen have not involved Luol Deng or John Salmons. The most likely trade is a three way with CHI, UTA, and POR, and CHI would only be giving up Tyrus Thomas and Heinrich.

Luol Deng is younger than Salmons and has 5 years left on his contract, so I assume they would prefer to have him start instead of Salmons. Chicago needs role players, and with Tyrus and Heinrich gone, they need some young guys with potential. How about Gabe Pruitt to backup Rose, Tony to replace Salmon's defense, Scal with his veteran presence, and Giddens to grow up with Rose and maybe become a dominant backcourt in a couple of years?

Not to mention that all of the players we would be giving up are expiring this year, and possible buy-outs. Here's the link to the trade which works out perfectly...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n3j8xs

BOS outgoing: T. Allen, Scal, Giddens, Pruitt, future 1st or 2nd?
BOS incoming: John Salmons

BOS lineup:

PG:  Rondo / FA PG / Hudson
SG:  Allen / House / (spot minutes for Salmons)
SF:  Pierce / Salmons / Walker
PF:  KG / BBD / Powe @ allstar break?
C:   Perkins / Sheed / (Fazekas or Swift)

I know you guys arent head over heels for Hudson but I watched the entire summer league and I think at this point, he has a bigger upside than Pruitt even though he's 24. With this trade we NEED to sign BBD, or maybe sign and trade him to fill up the rest of our bench. I think this is probably the best bench any of us can hope for(realistically). Thoughts????

Usually, teams don't give up good, young players with reasonable contracts for several scrubs.

BUT we'd be giving them FOUR players...plus a draft pick.  ::) ::)

These are those kind of ridiculously horrible deals that if they were reversed, the posters would laugh at.  The equivalient would be if the bulls offered us anthony roberson, aaron gray and Linton Johnson and jerome james for Ray Allen.  See, it's justified, because we need a youngish backup PG, and some depth at the bigs, so this is a good trade right?

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Salmons routinely made Pierce look bad on defense in the the playoffs.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yeah, again.

No one wants our garbage. No one wants TA or Scal.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Yeah, again.

No one wants our garbage. No one wants TA or Scal.

A lot of teams want our garbage. Chicago just isn't one of them.

It's the reason Nocioni was the most likely choice this offseason. Not because he's the best player, but because Sacremento really want's expirings.

Hence it's better to wait to near the trade deadline when teams can know both whether they are going to contend or not, and how bad the 09-10 season economy really is going to be.

Never Forget

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So you're walking down the street with a nice warm cheeseburger you just bought from a fast food restaurant.

A hobo on the sidewalk holds out a piece of cardboard, a couple gum wrappers, a banana peel, and a half eaten sandwich covered in flies.

So uh, would you make that trade?
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:58:40 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
So you're walking down the street with a nice warm cheeseburger you just bought from a fast food restaurant.

A hobo on the sidewalk holds out a piece of cardboard, a couple gum wrappers, a banana peel, and a half eaten sandwich covered in flies.

So uh, would you make that trade?

I would if the warm cheeseburger means i can't buy food next year, and the gum wrappers, banana peel and half eaten sandwich covered in flies means I could.

Think about it, this season, if the Cavs wanted to they could have turned Wally and Pavlovic into Michael Redd, Jefferson or VC (Washington almost let them get Jamison). Especially with the 2010 free-agent hype, and the fact that the salary cap might be lowered, expirings may play an even bigger deal next February.

It's also why teams are afraid of Dallas. Not only do they have a good veteran roster, they have a 11mill expiring in Dampier that could net them some one very good.

Never Forget

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
I'm not actually saying Chicago would do the deal. I'm just saying when the deadline nears, don't be surprised if we can get a mid-level free agent (5-7 mill in salary) for just TA, Scal and one of Walker or Giddens.

Never Forget