Author Topic: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?  (Read 9979 times)

Re: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Not a big fan of Moon.
agreed, he's ok.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
What young player would we have to give up in order to secure him?  The likelihood is that it would cost us JR Giddens or Bill Walker and Tony Allen, which isn't a bad deal if Miami is willing to do it. 

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 03:27:52 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I think some people forget that in sign and trades, you're extremely lucky to ever get anything really useful back for the player you're trading. It's all about showing a little respect for a player you're going to lose, and thanking them for contributing to the team.

I mean look what we got for Antoine.. Qyntell Woods, Albert Mirales, Curtis Borchardt, and a second round pick or two.

I'm going to be surprised if I spelled all those names right, I did it off the top of my head haha.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 04:09:40 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
I think some people forget that in sign and trades, you're extremely lucky to ever get anything really useful back for the player you're trading. It's all about showing a little respect for a player you're going to lose, and thanking them for contributing to the team.

I mean look what we got for Antoine.. Qyntell Woods, Albert Mirales, Curtis Borchardt, and a second round pick or two.

I'm going to be surprised if I spelled all those names right, I did it off the top of my head haha.

There are a lot of options for that trade though, because it could be Miami doing the signing (Moon is currently a RFA). I think all the assumptions here are a little off, especially since Moon might not get that much money (the market so far has been unfavourable to bench wings).

For those who say Moon isn't that great, I think the point is he's probably in the upper-echelon of what's left out there.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
Moon ??? there are better , NO ??
j'aime bien mais sans plus
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
If we could essentially swap out Tony Allen for Jamario Moon, I would be ecstatic. I'd have to see the package we'd need to get him, but I think he'd be a great addition.

Tony Allen and Bill Walker for Jamario Moon seems fair to both Miami and Boston -
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
If we could essentially swap out Tony Allen for Jamario Moon, I would be ecstatic. I'd have to see the package we'd need to get him, but I think he'd be a great addition.

Tony Allen and Bill Walker for Jamario Moon seems fair to both Miami and Boston -

Well, we know Beasley loves Walker, maybe Miami would be interested. I really like Walker's potential, but I think this would be a big upgrade to our present roster without taking on a lot of extra salary. Bench of Wallace, House, Moon and Scalabrine (I think Davis is going to Detroit now they've cleared space). Pruitt, Giddens, Hudson also in the mix. 3 more roster spots. Powe? Minimum point guard? A different big man?
Go Celtics.

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 04:32:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC

i am all for that

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
what the heat lack is size, so they're most likely to be interested in Scal, if anyone. Would you trade Scal and a 1st (presumably a very late 1st) for Moon at 3 mil for 3 years? I probably would.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Moon Sucks Ballz!!! If he was that good, toronto would not have traded him. I rather Stackhouse, Greg Buckner, Jarvis Hayes, Flip Murray, and my top FAV Travis Outlaw. Listen the idea of bringng in a back-up for Paul or Ray is not to have another shooter, but a scorer that could play a little team defense.

Ray = HL Shooter/ML Scorer
House = HL Shooter/LL Scorer
Pierce = ML Shooter/HL Scorer
Scalabrine = ML Shooter

Walker = LL Scorer/ML Slasher/HL Dunker
Giddens = LL Slasher/LL Scorer

MY Pick:
Travis Outlaw = HL Slasher/HL Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter
or
Jerry StackHouse = ML Slasher/ML Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter

Toronto traded him because they didn't want to have to pay Jermaine O'Neal 20 million this season like the Heat are doing.  By including Moon, it was enough for the Heat to send Marion their way and take back O'Neal.  Moon was not a throw-in, he was a pot-sweetener.

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would give up Big Baby for Moon in a heartbeat. Kid would be and incredible 7th man (barring Sheed comes off the bench which he should.) Thats a crazy good 8 man rotation with Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Perk, Sheed, Moon, and House....Def finals bound with those 8 add a pg and an extra big with the LLE and vet min and finals here we come.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 10:55:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
what the heat lack is size, so they're most likely to be interested in Scal, if anyone. Would you trade Scal and a 1st (presumably a very late 1st) for Moon at 3 mil for 3 years? I probably would.

Only a Celtics fan would do that.  My guess is most people outside of the Celtics fan base and management do not think very highly of Scal.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers