Author Topic: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?  (Read 9980 times)

Re: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Cavs already got Parker, why do they want Barnes?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »

Offline Cajun Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Maybe they want to keep an Eastern Conference contender from getting him. He wouldn't be bad to have on their bench.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Moon Sucks Ballz!!! If he was that good, toronto would not have traded him. I rather Stackhouse, Greg Buckner, Jarvis Hayes, Flip Murray, and my top FAV Travis Outlaw. Listen the idea of bringng in a back-up for Paul or Ray is not to have another shooter, but a scorer that could play a little team defense.

Ray = HL Shooter/ML Scorer
House = HL Shooter/LL Scorer
Pierce = ML Shooter/HL Scorer
Scalabrine = ML Shooter

Walker = LL Scorer/ML Slasher/HL Dunker
Giddens = LL Slasher/LL Scorer

MY Pick:
Travis Outlaw = HL Slasher/HL Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter
or
Jerry StackHouse = ML Slasher/ML Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter

You said not a shooter and listed Stack? Stack's over the hill. Moon is actually a really good defender. His rebound rate is very high (much higher than Outlaw and Stack) and so are his block/steals. I think if we want a guy to play defense, we'd rather have Moon.

Also, Outlaw's an expiring, and all we have to offer are expirings (or BBD). Much harder to get.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Maybe they want to keep an Eastern Conference contender from getting him. He wouldn't be bad to have on their bench.

No but its a waste of money and a roster spot now if they get both. Whatever, I hope they sign him so they can't get anyone better.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
True, they don't need expirings, they could just let him go. I don't think Moon is something they necessarily need though. It's quite possible they'd want someone like Davis for him. And I don't know that I'd want to do that double sign and trade.

They don't *need* expirings but they do need to field a (at least) 13-man roster, right now they have 11 players:

Chalmers / Wade / Wright / Beasley / JO

Haslem
J. Anthony (RFA)
Cook
Quinn
Jones
Diawara

Well, 12 if you include Mark Blount -- your choice.

So adding TA in-a-sign and trade lets them meet the limit and gives them another expiring to try and make a blockbuster with at the deadline.

I like Moon for his defense, length and occasional 3pt shooting. We don't need him to be all-world, just a solid bench contributor.

I'd much rather have a defensive oriented guy like Moon than gunners like Murray or Stack (who is past done).
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
True, they don't need expirings, they could just let him go. I don't think Moon is something they necessarily need though. It's quite possible they'd want someone like Davis for him. And I don't know that I'd want to do that double sign and trade.

They don't *need* expirings but they do need to field a (at least) 13-man roster, right now they have 11 players:

Haslem
J. Anthony (RFA)
Cook
Quinn
Jones
Diawara

So adding TA in-a-sign and trade lets them meet the limit and gives them another expiring to try and make a blockbuster with at the deadline.

I like Moon for his defense, length and occasional 3pt shooting. We don't need him to be all-world, just a solid bench contributor.

I'd much rather have a defensive oriented guy like Moon than gunners like Murray or Stack (who is past done).

I would also like Moon. I just don't know about the chances since it does seem like they would just match a low balled offer, and I don't know what we have that they would want (would they really give up Moon just to fill a roster spot?). Also, they don't actually have anyone else better to start at the 3 spot except Diawara (which I think is spelt wrong).

Never Forget

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Haslem
J. Anthony (RFA)
Cook
Quinn
Jones
Diawara

I would also like Moon. I just don't know about the chances since it does seem like they would just match a low balled offer, and I don't know what we have that they would want (would they really give up Moon just to fill a roster spot?). Also, they don't actually have anyone else better to start at the 3 spot except Diawara (which I think is spelt wrong).

Beasley can play 3, Haslem at 4, O'Neil at 5
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

He can, but he's clearly better at the 4. I think that's why they didn't run that lineup that often, and preferred to bring one of Haslem or Beasley off the bench (especially nearing the end of the season).

Never Forget

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

He can, but he's clearly better at the 4. I think that's why they didn't run that lineup that often, and preferred to bring one of Haslem or Beasley off the bench (especially nearing the end of the season).

Just saying, they would use that lineup before they started Diawara at the 3.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »

Online P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Very interesting, the C's should do it if it doesn't cost them Big Baby, but I just don't see Miami trading Moon for Scal and T.A... but I don't see them overpaying Moon either so...

Scal and TA would be too much. At a minimum that would mean moon would get paid at least 5m a year (and maximum 6.9m)

agree..i think boston would have to take james jones in the deal b/c miami is trying to dump him

I would love to have Jones on the Celtics, and Danny was after him last year. He has 4 years left, but the last 3 are the team's option.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 01:59:57 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

Just saying, they would use that lineup before they started Diawara at the 3.

You're right.

About Jones, I'm not sure. He's a little overpaid for a Eddie House lite (but taller).

Never Forget

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
YES!

I hope it's true because he would be a fantastic Celtic.  His defense is good and could be great in our system. 

Vote Yes on Moon.  Install him in the lineup

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/2007/0131/10891659_400X300.jpg

and me on the MOONINITE bandwagon!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I like that... i could see him being a Trevor Ariza type on the high end. On the low end he is an athletic wing who won't cost you too too much.

Can't picture him playing well in the playoffs though. Maybe we turn him into a slasher type?

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
If the Celtics expect to add a player via sign and trade they weill almost certainly have to take back a multiyear contract. Think Charlotte, Minnesota, OK City, Washington.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline Celtzfan8617

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

The Heat are looking to move Beasley to starting SF it was reported a little while ago:
http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/1032352.html