Author Topic: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?  (Read 9982 times)

Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline laverdad34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Via HOOPSWORLD (from the herald):
Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?

There still are free agents who interest them - notably restricted free agent Jamario Moon, a younger player in the Hill mold. But the Celtics can’t afford Moon unless his price significantly drops.

Their best shot at anyone with a straight-up offer is the biannual exception.

A league source said yesterday the Celtics have investigated sign-and-trade possibilities with other teams - a scenario that could theoretically work in a move for Moon, who finished last season with Miami. The Celts also have expiring contracts of varying sizes to offer.

JUST BRING US APOLLO 33!!!

Re: Celtics Thinking Sign-&-Trade for Moon?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Not a big fan of Moon.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
If we could essentially swap out Tony Allen for Jamario Moon, I would be ecstatic. I'd have to see the package we'd need to get him, but I think he'd be a great addition.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
I would like Moon as a backup, though his price would seem more than the LLE to me.

I think Wade wants the team in win now mode though, so I doubt Pat Riley would simply want expirings.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
True, they don't need expirings, they could just let him go. I don't think Moon is something they necessarily need though. It's quite possible they'd want someone like Davis for him. And I don't know that I'd want to do that double sign and trade.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I would like Moon as a backup, though his price would seem more than the LLE to me.

I think Wade wants the team in win now mode though, so I doubt Pat Riley would simply want expirings.

Both good points.  Also, to the first point, I believe Moon is a RFA, so the Heat would just match the Cs LLE offer....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Very interesting, the C's should do it if it doesn't cost them Big Baby, but I just don't see Miami trading Moon for Scal and T.A... but I don't see them overpaying Moon either so...

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Very interesting, the C's should do it if it doesn't cost them Big Baby, but I just don't see Miami trading Moon for Scal and T.A... but I don't see them overpaying Moon either so...

Scal and TA would be too much. At a minimum that would mean moon would get paid at least 5m a year (and maximum 6.9m)

Never Forget

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
all for getting moon to back up pierce esp if it involves sending tony allen out of boston..don't want to part with big baby

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Scal and TA would be too much. At a minimum that would mean moon would get paid at least 5m a year (and maximum 6.9m)

agree..i think boston would have to take james jones in the deal b/c miami is trying to dump him

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

I still agree that Scal is one of those players who would take a buyout and go back to the celtics. He's worth way more to us than he is anywhere else

agree..i think boston would have to take james jones in the deal b/c miami is trying to dump him

Never Forget

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

That Jones contract is horrible. Is Moon worth that albatross? (Especially after letting Posey go for $ reasons)

Seams like straight up signing a Carney, Bogans, Udoka, etc type at the LLE is more worth it.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

That Jones contract is horrible. Is Moon worth that albatross? (Especially after letting Posey go for $ reasons)

Seams like straight up signing a Carney, Bogans, Udoka, etc type at the LLE is more worth it.

James Jones is only gauranteed money this year. The final 3 year's are team options so he's actually an expiring. So basically they wouldn't take TA or Scal, since that would be trading expirings for expirings. It would have to be for Baby, whom I don't think they've shown interest in.

Never Forget

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well they better get on it...report out of cleveland is the cavs going hard after barnes

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Moon Sucks Ballz!!! If he was that good, toronto would not have traded him. I rather Stackhouse, Greg Buckner, Jarvis Hayes, Flip Murray, and my top FAV Travis Outlaw. Listen the idea of bringng in a back-up for Paul or Ray is not to have another shooter, but a scorer that could play a little team defense.

Ray = HL Shooter/ML Scorer
House = HL Shooter/LL Scorer
Pierce = ML Shooter/HL Scorer
Scalabrine = ML Shooter

Walker = LL Scorer/ML Slasher/HL Dunker
Giddens = LL Slasher/LL Scorer

MY Pick:
Travis Outlaw = HL Slasher/HL Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter
or
Jerry StackHouse = ML Slasher/ML Dunker/ML Scorer/LL Shooter