Author Topic: Who is Danny after?  (Read 10748 times)

Re: Who is Danny after?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 11:27:12 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I still think our best move is to lump together our non-Ray expirings and trade with a team that likely will want to dump a guy making too much over too long a period.  To me, the best targets are Nocioni from Sac, or Maggette or Stephen Jackson from GS.

Then resign Baby, and snag a backup PG using the LLE and we're good to go.

That'd be my ideal off-season.

yep...mine too...walker/giddens, take pruiit, scal, tony and get a a wing...resign baby...find a point guard..i think ainge is going after moon
I think Moon is less likely than guys with the long term contracts that teams want to dump strictly to rid themselves of the salary burden.  With Moon, if we offered him the LLE (the most we could offer), they'd probably just match, and if they wanted to sign and trade him, I don't see that they'd be interested in our non-Ray expirings.  The only guy they'd probably want is Baby, which doesn't work for me because then you just solve one problem (backup SF) and cause another one (lose backup big).  The Moon scenario seems unlikely to me.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
I think Moon is less likely than guys with the long term contracts that teams want to dump strictly to rid themselves of the salary burden.  With Moon, if we offered him the LLE (the most we could offer), they'd probably just match, and if they wanted to sign and trade him, I don't see that they'd be interested in our non-Ray expirings.  The only guy they'd probably want is Baby, which doesn't work for me because then you just solve one problem (backup SF) and cause another one (lose backup big).  The Moon scenario seems unlikely to me.
I have to take this back.  Moon does seem like a good target too, because they do have a contract they'd like to shed in James Jones, so he'd have to come too.  Yeah, this would be great by me; our expirings for Moon and Jones.  Then use the LLE for backup PG.  Get er done, Danny.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 11:36:39 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
I like the trade someone mention in the forums of BBD and another expiring (TA?) for Rasual Butler and Hilton Armstrong. THis would work assuming BBD gets a similar contract to Bass (3-4 million a year of the MLE). I like it mainly because it kills 2 birds with one stone.

We'd get
1. A decent 20-25 minute 2/3 spot guy in Rasual, whose 6'7 and played backup SF, but played SG when he started in New Orleans, can space the floor and has the length to defend (and has a very low turnover rate)
2. A guy to take Mikki Moore's spot as the 4th big and minute soaker in case KG/Sheed/Perk have foul trouble (or Doc wants to rest 2 of them without going small) in Armstrong. Size guy who blocks shots and is a decent rebounder, at least good enough for 10-15 minutes a game.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 11:59:29 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
I have to take this back.  Moon does seem like a good target too, because they do have a contract they'd like to shed in James Jones, so he'd have to come too.  Yeah, this would be great by me; our expirings for Moon and Jones.  Then use the LLE for backup PG.  Get er done, Danny.
Running debate... with myself!

Okay, back to thinking Moon is unlikely because when I looked at Jones' salary info it looks like only this year is guaranteed, and that the following 3 years are team option, so they don't have a salary they'd like/need to shed.  I'm back on Noc, Maggette, Jackson.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Running debate... with myself!

Okay, back to thinking Moon is unlikely because when I looked at Jones' salary info it looks like only this year is guaranteed, and that the following 3 years are team option, so they don't have a salary they'd like/need to shed.  I'm back on Noc, Maggette, Jackson.

Magette's contract would cripple the team in the future.

He's got numbers, but like they say in the GSW forums, Maggette is just like bad ****. "Drives to the hole and scores a lot, but you still don't like what you're seeing".

Never Forget

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »

Offline CeltMick

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I still think our best move is to lump together our non-Ray expirings and trade with a team that likely will want to dump a guy making too much over too long a period.  To me, the best targets are Nocioni from Sac, or Maggette or Stephen Jackson from GS.

Then resign Baby, and snag a backup PG using the LLE and we're good to go.

That'd be my ideal off-season.

yep...mine too...walker/giddens, take pruiit, scal, tony and get a a wing...resign baby...find a point guard..i think ainge is going after moon

Anyone have a link documenting Ainge's interest in Jamario Moon?  While I think it makes sense for us, the only way Miami doesn't resign Moon is if a) Miami simply doesn't want to pay what Moon is demanding or b) Moon doesn't want to play for Miami.  It seems like he's a good fit on a Riley team and fills a legitimate need, but if either a or b is true, then the C's may have a shot.  I'd still prefer Childress myself because he's three years younger and seems like more of a threat to create shots and draw fouls, something we need off the bench.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

Offline DannyAinge

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • "IN AINGE I TRUST"
first sign Fabricio Oberto possibly with the LLE

second send get either travis outlaw or the person that they were trying to get a year ago who is a perfect fit, Raja Bell.

there is plenty of time to fill the PG bench spot but the Big and SF defensive spot needs to be done before we enter the season.

I am saying we have plenty of people that can handle the ball and start the offense.
rondo
pruit
eddie
Ray Ray

and pierce can bring the ball up when needed.

But we are in a worst position at the SF and Big spot than backup PG spot

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
For some reason I would rather have Rasho for the LLE (as long as he hasnt signed with Raptors yet). Oberto flops to often. Hate that.

Never Forget

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Maggette - contract is so bad, it would hurt our ability to resign Rondo and Perkins in the future. They are the core of the future at this point. I have no interest in Maggette.

Moon - why would Miami (a playoff team) want to help another team in the East by gifting us Moon for scraps? I dont see this happening unless a 3rd team is involved with something Miami wants. No idea what that would be though.

Oberto or Nesterovic would be excellent targets. Although the LLE slot might be needed for a Carney, Bogans type. It is really hard to say what the correct next move is.

Lastly for those in a panic that we've stopped adding to the roster... Its only been 3 days since the signing period has started!! Lets Chill and see what happens.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 02:12:11 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Maggette's contract might impact our ability to resign Allen. It still might be worth it, but extending it to anything beyond Allen is misleading.   

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 04:14:13 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Maggette's contract might impact our ability to resign Allen. It still might be worth it, but extending it to anything beyond Allen is misleading.   

It would also cripple our extension of PP / Rondo / Perk in the future, because as much as we have the ability to sign them, I don't think Wyc wants to go way deep into the tax.

It's also quite unreasonable to have someone paid 8-9 million to play just 20-25 minutes on the bench.

Never Forget

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
here's a name I haven't heard yet and could actually be a nice fit:

Marquis Daniels

solid defender, can play both swing spots, good scorer off the bench

low risk guy
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
 yeah, why did indiana release daniels? I thought he was a solid player - not spectacular, but i agree that he could be a perfect fit. Did he have "off court issues?"  I'm surprised  we don't hear more about him and that more teams aren't interested.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 10:28:43 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
i checked daniels' stats - he averaged 13 ppg last yr in 31mpg   he also had a salary of 6 mil - he'll probably be looking for more than we can offer but i'm not sure what the market is for him.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 10:45:57 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
What about Keyon Dooling?  He can play the 1 and 2 and has good size.  I think he is a perfect fit, but not sure what it would take to get him.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson