Author Topic: Official Scal + Tony Allen Trade Thread  (Read 8705 times)

Re: Official Scal + Tony Allen Trade Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »

Offline Bulldog!

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
NO doesn't do much for me. Mo Pete??? - not worth 2 years at $6M. I wouldn't touch Peja's contract. I doubt they want to give up R Butler - he's one of their cheaper wing options....and Posey's been discussed to no end on the board - I can't see Danny taking him a year later, after he turned him down last year.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This is my 2nd favorite thread of all time, just behind the yet-to-be-created "Official waive Tony Allen thread"

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:50 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Remember we're just looking for someone to play 20-25 minutes a game. Lets not try to shoot for the stars each time.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Nocioni - 3 years @ 7.5 mil... eh, Scal, TA, and 1 of Pruitt/Walker/Giddens.  Sac Town does this without hesitation IMO.

Scal and TA for Udrih?  I bet they do that too, and you lock up your backup point for the next 3 years, a little overpaid at 6 mil.

Korver (also expiring)

NJ is in full rebuild mode. You can take care of the backup SF and PG with Scal and TA... Jarvis Hayes and Dooling.  Dooling played well last year, and Hayes was servicable, I think Walker is ready to contribute too.  I bet NJ would do this just to get out of the nearly 4 million they will owe Dooling after this year.  I would spice it with Pruitt, but not Walker or Giddens.

Jeff Foster - Long long tenure in Indi, but they have Hansbrough.  I bet they would do it, he's owed 6 mil per for the next 2 years.

Way to get the ball rolling!

I would do all of these deals.  My favorite is Dooling and Hayes.   I wouldn't hesitate about including Walker either.  Dooling would be a great fit for us as the ball-handling combo guard to pair with House.  Hayes isn't too special, but he'd be more useful than Walker and you don't need greatness there when you have solid contributions coming from the backcourt back-ups and Sheed.

I like the Diaw idea as well.  Great secondary playmaker and utility player.  I like Noc too.  But they are both really expensive.  Even if Ray took a 50% paycut, you'd still be looking at near 70 mil locked up in salaries without resigning Rondo, Eddie or the end of the bench.  Not sure if we want to be shelling out 7-9 mil for a bench player.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »

Offline rondofan9

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Id prefer to keep Scal i mean if we traded him for something better of course do it but he is a good player decent Defender and he can Shoot as for TA i think Trading him would be great.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:17:54 AM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88

Someone already said Battier - Scal and TA work, spice it up with Pruit or Giddens?  It's only a two year committment, perfect!

[

this would the best move we could do.  if there were any way we could con the rockets in to doing that i think we would be extremely dangerous.  sadly i don't think their front office is dumb enough to do it

Nocioni is my next chioce followed by dooling

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 12:35:58 AM »

Offline lJesterl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 35
i know all trade ideas are just wishfull thinking. I don't mind scal but I CANT STAND tony allen. I wouldn't mind a ta + scal + giddens for stephen jackson (GSW) or leandro barbosa (PHX) No one wants those contracts tho. It seems like teams like warriors, suns, bobcats are the only possible suitors looking to pick up contracts that are expiring.

Scal + TA + Giddens + BBD(S&T) for Raja Bell and Boris Diaw anyone?

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 02:01:18 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Does Nocioni have 3 or 4 years left?   I thought the deal was a five year deal with 3 years left ... but hoopshype has him at 4 more years. 

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

His contract is pretty bad and I doubt I'd consider it.   

I wouldn't touch Udrih's contract with the Knicks payroll much less contemplate taking that guy. 

Dooling makes a ton of sense however AND I would give up Walker OR Giddens as a mechanism to get him.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 02:04:55 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Does Nocioni have 3 or 4 years left?   I thought the deal was a five year deal with 3 years left ... but hoopshype has him at 4 more years. 

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

His contract is pretty bad and I doubt I'd consider it.   

I wouldn't touch Udrih's contract with the Knicks payroll much less contemplate taking that guy. 

Dooling makes a ton of sense however AND I would give up Walker OR Giddens as a mechanism to get him.

It's 4 years left, but the 4th year is a team option.

Never Forget

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 02:21:39 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney

Team option with a buyout?

I'd rather go after Dooling.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 02:35:13 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Hey, I like Dooling, but why do we need to acquire him for 10-15 mpg at PG or SG.  Dooling can't play SF, so he's not a major priority.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 04:17:06 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

None of it's gauranteed.

Never Forget

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 05:23:44 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
On Jarvis Hayes... this from Hollinger doesn't sound too good:

"Hayes was absolutely savaged on defense, with opponents going right at him almost as soon as he checked into the game. He didn't have nearly as many problems in Washington but also has a history of knee problems, and that may have caught up with him last year."

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

Offline Nut from Nh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 10

Hey, I like Dooling, but why do we need to acquire him for 10-15 mpg at PG or SG.  Dooling can't play SF, so he's not a major priority.

Not a SF, but he is a slammin fit for this team, cheap money too.  Overall I'm just really starting to get scared.  We're looking at a possible loss of BBD, and then Danny locking up a total freakin scrub like Fabio Herman.  They just better round out the bench, you can't sign Sheed and call it a day.  You can't half attempt a title run any more than you can half be pregnant. 

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney

Like it or not, Dooling's size gives him a pretty big advantage in working with House (House would be the 2 guard on offense and play the point on defense).   That's 2 positions vs. 1. 

I want a good SG/SF as well, but Dooling would be a perfect fit for this team AND probably a realistic one.