Author Topic: If no Hill, trade for Nocioni?  (Read 2739 times)

If no Hill, trade for Nocioni?
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Would be a pure salary dump for Sacramento, but they've got a couple of bad contracts (Udrih and Noc) that run for several more years, and make no sense on a rebuilding team.

If Hill opts for a team that has no chance of winning over us (truly shows where his priorities are), then Nocioni would be a good guy to be backing up Paul.  Can shoot the three pretty well too, and is physical.  Could play a little 4 in a small ball lineup, ala Posey.

I think he could be had for our lousy expirings and would be a good fit.

Re: If no Hill, trade for Nocioni?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think his deal goes to long for Ainge's like right now.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I think you're right, but the free agent options are not going to be great, and Nocioni is probably better than the remaining free agents after Hill, so we (Danny) might be willing to bite the bullet on a contract longer than desirable for a guy who could legitimately contribute and keep Paul fresh.

If we can upgrade talent using only our crappy expirings, I surely hope they'd do it (but it ain't my money).

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
We're not going to have financial flexibility for a while anyway, why not pick up a long term contract of a good glue guy. I'm for doing a deal like this whether or not we get Hill. Hill can play the 2 or 3 Noc can play the 3 or 4.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
Getting him would probably take a month or two, and in the end no other free agents would be left. So no, not right now. Mid-season? Yes, for Tony and Scal.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
i want hill 1st...but if that don't happen what about desmond mason? the guy plays solid D.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
This trade would be better than signing Hill. His contract basically ends in 3 years with a 4th year team option. We have a 2-3 year window, so go all-in. I just hope we can keep BBD first before any trades.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:34:18 PM »

Offline StealthB

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Just don't get this fetish with Nocioni on this blog??  If we do a trade by dumping our garbage and expiring contracts to the Kings I would rather get Hawes and Udrih.  We should make Barnes an offer while we can because I will be shocked if Hill comes to Boston.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline coachenew33

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Huge Nocioni fan here, the guy brings it every night at both ends.
His intensity and versatility would be a welcomed addition to the bench.  Sheed, House, Nocioni and an experienced back up point guard would give the Celtics a great 9 man rotation with hopefully Bill Walker pushing for playing time.  I am leaving out Big Baby at this point because I just don't have a feel of what he is going to do.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Huge Nocioni fan here, the guy brings it every night at both ends.
His intensity and versatility would be a welcomed addition to the bench.  Sheed, House, Nocioni and an experienced back up point guard would give the Celtics a great 9 man rotation with hopefully Bill Walker pushing for playing time.  I am leaving out Big Baby at this point because I just don't have a feel of what he is going to do.

Me too he's a good 3 point shooter and solid defender.  And like Posey every other team hates him. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I've said this on other Noc threads (there have been many), but I can't see Ainge doing it. He is two years younger than Posey, but he actually makes more over the next three years than Posey does. He wasn't willing to give Posey that money, and we know how well he fits here. Why would he give more to a similar player who may not fit as well?

This is not to say I dislike the idea - I love the thought of getting Nocioni for Scal (hopefully with a buyout of him by Sacto so he can come back on a minimum contract) or Baby in a sign and trade, plus Tony Allen, Giddens or Walker, and Pruitt. I just don't have any reason to think Ainge would make the move.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Always been my second choice wing (really), and very possible to get.