Author Topic: transformers 2  (Read 5474 times)

transformers 2
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im going to see it tomorrow and i am psyched!!!  i loved the first movie and grew up on the old cartoons back in the day.  i havent seen a movie in the cinema in so long due to having a toddler at home.  i will give my opinion on the film after i see it
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:50:48 AM by dark_lord »

Re: transformers 2
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Overall it was pretty solid, my only complaint was at sometimes there was so much action going on at once it was a little tough to follow, but definitly worth seeing!  Enjoy!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I had great time.  It's a SUMMER ACTION movie enjoy yourself.

You do make a good point about so much going on though.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I personally think that without the whole CGI thing, this movie is awful. The jiving robots and what not. Stuppppiiiddd. But of course with the effects it is impressive to watch. Ijust think the emotional payoff is nonexistent..

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I personally think that without the whole CGI thing, this movie is awful. The jiving robots and what not. Stuppppiiiddd. But of course with the effects it is impressive to watch. Ijust think the emotional payoff is nonexistent..

Well, I imagine it would be a tough movie to watch with out the Giant Robots. 

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
saw the movie in imax today.....one word, awesome!!! a ton of action, and surprisingly, a lot of humor.  seeing it in imax may have made a difference bc of the great picture and sound quality.

i cant wait for the 3rd installment!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
The real name of the movie should be, "Megan Fox runs from huge robots while half naked."

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I loved the movie!! The Prime brawl with Megatron and Starscream in the forest was freaking AWESOME!!! If they made it so that the Autobots came out with a Pyrrhic victory instead of a complete victory over the Decepticons I think the movie would have been perfect.

They should have done the movie so that the Autobots  stopped the Constructicons from destroying Earth but at the cost of Optimus dying. They should not have had Optimus Prime die early and bring him back in the same movie. Then part three could have been Optimus coming back from the dead to put a final nail in the coffin of the Autobots.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 11:25:41 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
The real name of the movie should be, "Megan Fox runs from huge robots while half naked."

I would happily see that any day. Especially if you take out the robots.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 11:28:03 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Think about it. Some guy got PAID as a writer to think that a robot with balls would be a good idea.

Terrible movie
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If they had marketed it this way, maybe I would have a modicum of interest in seeing the movie.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I thought it was a terrible movie.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Personally I think Shia Lahbuff (purposly misspelled haha) is a terrible actor. It starts off awfully, and I think the dialogue is incredibly weak. There are a couple plot holes.

That being said, meghan fox is completely gorgeous, and its certainly has its fair share of slow motion running scenes.

Also I'm a movie buff, and I really care about plot, and every tiny detail of the movie. So if your looking for a nice summer action movie, its a good see.

It kind of comes and goes, there are scenes where I say oh my god this movie is terrible, and then there are scenes that are pretty epic.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 01:33:07 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
A lot of fail went into this movie.

It was entertaining and fun to watch, but it was a terrible film.

Optimus kicking butt was the only redeeming quality of this movie.

Shia, imo, is a pretty good actor, shows range from TF to Disturbia to Eagle Eye.

Megan Fox was not hot at all this movie, and actually Isabella Lucas was way more hotter in TF2.

I didn't like the Fallen storyline. There was just no awe or fear from the guy.

I didn't like the Twins autobots.

I wanted to see more of the autobots that I knew and recognized from the cartoons. I did not want to see "street thug punks" autobots, offered no assistance to the storyline other than for cheap laughs for the newer, younger generation.

The rest of the autobots were not existent, other than the occasional Bumble Bee sighting....and this all fueled to Optimus's needless death which lacked any climax or emotional execution.

Having Sam die in the same film was also, poorly executed and unnecessary. Optimus's death should have been the only needed death if it had any lasting impact whatsoever, which it didn't.

They made Devastator more like Unicron, devouring sand...totally not like the original Devastator at all, probably cool to watch on IMAX, but he was not menacing at all which he should have been.

A lot of other mistakes in this film, but won't list the rest, the above are enough.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I enjoyed it. The "black" Transformers with the gold teeth, the Eddie Griffin voice and the "oh I don't read much" were a bit much. Now they did have Jazz in the first one who also was kind of a "black" Transformer as well but nobody had a problem with him so I can see these 2 just as comic relief and appreciate the humor they occasionally brought. In the end they didn't have too big of a role and didn't speak too much so they didn't take away from the story but they didn't really add anything to it either. Would've liked to see more of Sideswipe though..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...