Author Topic: Shane Battier?  (Read 10232 times)

Re: Shane Battier
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If Houston trades Batter they're gonna want more back than backwash.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Always been my first choice wing, but near impossible to get.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Battier is good value with his contract, and only has two years to go on it.  I can't see how getting our lousy expirings would be remotely interesting to Houston.  This is a pipedream.

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd kill to get Shane but i think they'll be revamping their lineup through a TMac trade.

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
I started this on another thread yesterday. However, aparantly the Rockets GM is willing to spend so shedding salary's not a problem. They already have the giant expiring in Tmac, and the fact that they're willing to trade him for something now means expirings don't mean much.

on the other hand, Charlotte may be over the tax, especially if nobody wants Felton and they have to offer him the QO (which for a 5th pick is somehting around 5 million) they may be over the tax, and I know they won't be willing to pay it.

So; TA + Scal + Giddens (or Pruitt or Walker) for Gerald Wallace?
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »

Offline lostjumper

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
The Rockets GM absolutely loves Shane Battier. Their front office has spent a huge amount of time trying to develop statistical analysis to quantify Battier's contributions to the team. The rockets will not be trading Battier, period.

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston + shane = ;D

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I started this on another thread yesterday. However, aparantly the Rockets GM is willing to spend so shedding salary's not a problem. They already have the giant expiring in Tmac, and the fact that they're willing to trade him for something now means expirings don't mean much.

on the other hand, Charlotte may be over the tax, especially if nobody wants Felton and they have to offer him the QO (which for a 5th pick is somehting around 5 million) they may be over the tax, and I know they won't be willing to pay it.

So; TA + Scal + Giddens (or Pruitt or Walker) for Gerald Wallace?

Getting Gerald Wallace would be incredible.  But I don't see that happening.

Actually... I mean... his contract is pretty thick... 4 more years at 9-11 mil.  We can give them expiring contracts.

Re: Shane Battier?
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Here's a thought to get the juices flowing...

Would you trade Perk + expiring flotsam+jetsam to get Battier?  They'd get a big to build around, and not add much salary so they could still theoretically pursue Bosh in 2010.

We'd need some more bigs (Joe Smith, Rasho) on the bench, but 'Sheed could start.

Personally, I don't think I would do it (I love Perk, and think we need him to match up with Shaq and Dwight Howard) - but you'd have to think about it, wouldn't you?

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Here's a thought to get the juices flowing...

Would you trade Perk + expiring flotsam+jetsam to get Battier?  They'd get a big to build around, and not add much salary so they could still theoretically pursue Bosh in 2010.

We'd need some more bigs (Joe Smith, Rasho) on the bench, but 'Sheed could start.

Personally, I don't think I would do it (I love Perk, and think we need him to match up with Shaq and Dwight Howard) - but you'd have to think about it, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't only because it solves a problem by creating a new one. We secure front court depth, and we'd sacrifice that to create wing depth?

Also, with how Varejao and Bargnani are getting paid, Perk's contract is of amazing value.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I wouldn't trade perk or any starter (or wallace) but everyone else could be part of a deal to get him.
Sign & trade Davis, throw in (PLEASE) Tony Allen, scal eddie young guy wouldn't make a difference.
Battier is perfect for us and classy guy.

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
He can be had for TA+Scal+Pruitt

Granted he is Morey's moneyball guy, but with all the rumblings about Von Wafer being upset at the wing spot logjam, and them already signing Ariza, if Tmac is healthy, 7.5 mill seems a lot for them to be spending on a bench player especially if they may not see Yao for a year.

I know, wishful thinking. But one can dream!

[dang] I started this Shane Battier idea idea earlier in the week!    :D