Author Topic: Shane Battier?  (Read 10230 times)

Re: Shane Battier?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Would really like to get Battier.  He would be the perfect SF/SG backup for Pierce and Ray Allen.  Big Baby is a pretty good player but I think the Rockets want size for Yao Ming insurance.  Have they signed Gortat yet or not?

You'd think that by signing Ariza, the Rockets have made Battier expendable?

Gortat got an offer from the Mavs. Orlando still has 6 days to match.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The big thing is I don't see why you pay both Battier and Ariza to fill more-or-less the same role.  Battier's better, Ariza's younger and they just committed to him a week ago. 

I was wondering the same thing when they traded for Artest.  I felt like they were cabon copies of eachother in a lot of ways (although of course they have huge personality differences.)

But in the sense that they could both play either the 2 or 3, provide great defense, etc.

Artest is better able to get his own shot (sometimes to his own detriment).  Battier generally has to rely on other guys to get him shots.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Would love to see him on the Celtics.

Celtics just do not have the ammo they would be willing to give up to get him.

What about a 1st round pick, cap space, and Giddens?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I'd do it in a second, but Houston never would.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Houston would never do that. Battier is good. He may be on the block, but they'd want potential in return. What you're trying to trade for Battier has zero potential.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Houston would never do that. Battier is good. He may be on the block, but they'd want potential in return. What you're trying to trade for Battier has zero potential.

Giddens has zero potential?  He was a 1st round pick last year.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I can sign Gerald Green and offer him packed with a box of filters...
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 06:53:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Would love to see him on the Celtics.

Celtics just do not have the ammo they would be willing to give up to get him.

What about a 1st round pick, cap space, and Giddens?

1st round pick in from this team isn't that good.  Just look at the return the last time the Celtics won the title.

Other teams have better offers.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Wow, Battier would almost surely lock up a championship for us.  He's a great piece to a championship team, may play an even bigger role than posey did with us?  That would be an exxcellllent pickup
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

Shane Battier
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
I will beat this drum until this is at least explored by DA.  Rockets now have Ariza who basically does what Battier does but is 6 years younger.  They will want to dip into the free agency pool in 2010 and pursue Bosh.  I don't believe Battier is one of their core players any longer.  That group would include Ariza, Brooks, Lowery, Landry, Scola and Yao (if healthy).  Every million counts and if they can shave 6 million off with expiring Celts contracts they may just go for it.  What kills the Celts is they have no young bigs (other than Perk and he is going nowhere) to offer the Rockets.  We need a 3rd team involved like Charlotte!

Re: Shane Battier
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im all for Danny exploring it but i dont think our value is good enough to give the Rockets what Battier is worth...However, teams have been trading a lot of crap for some good players so you never know.

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I will beat this drum until this is at least explored by DA.  Rockets now have Ariza who basically does what Battier does but is 6 years younger.  They will want to dip into the free agency pool in 2010 and pursue Bosh.  I don't believe Battier is one of their core players any longer.  That group would include Ariza, Brooks, Lowery, Landry, Scola and Yao (if healthy).  Every million counts and if they can shave 6 million off with expiring Celts contracts they may just go for it.  What kills the Celts is they have no young bigs (other than Perk and he is going nowhere) to offer the Rockets.  We need a 3rd team involved like Charlotte!

Depends on who we would have to give up for him.

"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
if its just to free up cap space, they could care less if they got a big.  Would behoove them not to have one, since they could get a better shot for a lotto pick, since this assumes they would be giving up on this coming season.

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
if its just to free up cap space, they could care less if they got a big.  Would behoove them not to have one, since they could get a better shot for a lotto pick, since this assumes they would be giving up on this coming season.

so, basically if you are correct, then houston might be the only team in the league who actually would take the typical celtics dross offered in trades by many posters here?

i hope that is the case, but dont expect it to happen.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Shane is lebron's/Kobe's worst nightmare. Just for that simple reason I'd trade for Shane. Pierce & Ray unleashed. Just make sure Scal returns.