Author Topic: Allen and Rondo for Iguodala and Miller??  (Read 8041 times)

Re: Allen and Rondo for Iguodala and Miller??
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay I get it. As my OP stated, it was probably a bad idea but a good way to gauge what others thought of players. I think a lot of people here undervalue just how good Miller and Iguodala are.

Andre Miller has been a very consistent 15 PPG 7.5 APG 47% shooting 80% FT shooting player his whole career. I think he, like Jason Kidd, have kept themselves in tremendous shape and are thick, strong durable players. I could see Miller becoming a 10 APG guy on a team with shooters the caliber of Wallace, KG, and Pierce. And his defense isn't bad. My guess is he can play better defense than Rondo did in last years playoffs.

Iguodala is only 25 and has been a consistent 19 PPG 5 RPG 5 APG player. In time I think he will be a good three point shooter although he isn't one now. Ray's contract is going to expire and then, so is Pierce's. With Iguodala entering his prime when those two were gone, things would still have been looking up.

But I agree. For the short term over this next year this is the way to go but don't be surprised people when Ray walks and we are left with nothing but a hole at the 2 spot in 2011 because we will still be over the cap.

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I would do this trade to bring in AI in a heartbeat. The guy is an ace.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%

Miller has to be signed first so it depends on his contract.

I personally wouldn't do it since I think the current makeup is better for win now, and if it was for the future, I think Ray's cap space gives us room to sign someone better than Iggy, and I think Rondo's ceiling is higher.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I personally wouldn't do it since I think the current makeup is better for win now, and if it was for the future, I think Ray's cap space gives us room to sign someone better than Iggy, and I think Rondo's ceiling is higher.
That's just it.

If Ray expires and all things remain the same. There's no cap room to sign anyone. No one. We'll have the MLE and LLE like this year and be looking to extend Rondo. There will be no cap space to sign a Ray Allen replacement. We will just have to hope for a Ray extension for a couple years at a ridiculously low number to make things work.

But if the C's are unwilling to resign Ray or Ray wants a whole lot more than the C's are offering....we may be looking at JR Giddens as our starting SG in 2010-2011.

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

To explain this I'll use a fictional  scenario: The NBA uses a "soft cap" which means a team can go over the cap to sign their own players. Lets say Joe Smoe makes $20 million on the Celtics who have a team payroll of $70 million. With the NBA salary cap set $57 Million, Joe Smoe expires bringing the team down to $50 Million. That leaves the Celtics with only $7 million to use on the open market.

The Celtics will face a similar situation when Ray expires.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
NO NON NO NON NO NON  :o
Allen & Rondo are better than Iguodala & Miller

keep ROndo & Allen
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Hypothetical question: would you trade Ray for Michael Redd if Milwaukee was desperate to free up money after this year.  Redd is younger but coming off a knee injury I believe.  If he was completely healthy, I would definitely consider it.

That's a trade I proposed a year ago, before Redd got hurt.  Similar game, same role on the team, younger for us, saves the Bucks some money.  If Redd proves to be healthy, I'd think about it - but no way in hell I do that trade until I'm sure Redd is back to being Redd.

Actually, I'm really hesitant to trade Ray right now.  With the 'Sheed signing, the pursuit of Hill, the other moves that ownership seems willing to make...  the willingness to pay a LOT of luxury tax...  they've pushed their chips into the center of the table THIS YEAR.  I'm not as concerned about two or three years down the road; 2009-2010 is The Year For The Boston Celtics.  Ray Allen's the best guy at the 2 spot, versus trading for Redd or Battier or anyone else who might be attainable - for this year.

I'm with the Bird on this one. We are definitely all in this year to win the 18th championship to answer the Lakers title.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.