Author Topic: Allen and Rondo for Iguodala and Miller??  (Read 8074 times)

Allen and Rondo for Iguodala and Miller??
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Andre Miller and Philly aren't coming to any type of agreement on a contract that makes sense and Miller's agent has been told to explore sign and trades. So, and don't crucify me on this one, in a sign and trade where we give Miller 3 years/$30 million, would you do a Rondo and Ray Allen for Miller and Andre Iguodala??

Rondo is better than Miller long term. Iguodala is better than Ray long term. Is the trade off worth it short term or would someone else have to be given to the C's??

Or do we just not trade with someone in the division??

Thoughts?!

Re: Allen and Rondo for Iguodala and Miller??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
Edit, no offensive language.  wdleehi
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:58:35 PM by wdleehi »
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
No way. Iguodala is pretty good but can't shoot. We need Rays shot or someone who can shoot. Rondo is worth more than both of them.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Andre Miller and Philly aren't coming to any type of agreement on a contract that makes sense and Miller's agent has been told to explore sign and trades. So, and don't crucify me on this one, in a sign and trade where we give Miller 3 years/$30 million, would you do a Rondo and Ray Allen for Miller and Andre Iguodala??

Rondo is better than Miller long term. Iguodala is better than Ray long term. Is the trade off worth it short term or would someone else have to be given to the C's??

Or do we just not trade with someone in the division??

Thoughts?!

Sorry man I can't see it. I am not really high on Iggy. He falls in love with that jump shot and takes alot of bad shots. I would rather let Ray's contract expire and keep looking for his replacement. Oh yeah, and I wouldnt do a Rondo for Iggy deal straight up if the salaries matched since that is basically the meat of the trade. I think in a few years, Rondo will be the most valuable player in the deal. We can always go out and find a serviceable wing player. It's not so easy to find a starting point guard.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think either Miller or Iggy are good fits to play with Pierce. Plus I really do think Rondo is the best player in that trade so I don't like it that much.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What about if they throw Thadeus Yong into the deal?

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
What about if they throw Thadeus Yong into the deal?

Ahh now that might be intriguing. Maybe only because I think Young will turn into an awesome player. I have a soft spot for lefties. He's only 21 and he is already a plus defender with an offensive game that gets mor polished every year. Would the sixers do this? No, but then again, the fans of Philly have experienced worse so why not add on to the misery.

Edit: Added to it.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
No, No, No, No, and No.

I really like Iguadala, but miller is getting old and wants too much money for his services. I would take him as a back up, but to trade our young future-star point guard for an aging mediocre pointguard just does not make sense to me
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 09:33:47 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I would love to get Igoudala on a straight trade for defensive purposes come playoff time, But not for Ray or Rondo. Give me Dru Holiday & Iggy for Rondo then we will definitely talk!

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
No way.  I'd give that $10M/year contract to Rondo, who's a far better player at this point in his career than Miller.  I wouldn't swap Ray Allen for Iggy at this point, either; I'd rather have Iggy three years from now, but I think Ray Allen gets us closer to #18 this year. 

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Absolutely not.  We get younger at the wing, a position that is easier to fill.  And older at the point.  Plus Igoudala's game is too similar to Pierce.  We need a shooter on the wing like Ray.

Hypothetical question: would you trade Ray for Michael Redd if Milwaukee was desperate to free up money after this year.  Redd is younger but coming off a knee injury I believe.  If he was completely healthy, I would definitely consider it.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 09:53:16 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
 Plus Igoudala's game is too similar to Pierce.
...except that Pierce is good and Igoudala is pretty mediocre.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
 Plus Igoudala's game is too similar to Pierce.
...except that Pierce is good and Igoudala is pretty mediocre.

Agree, just talking styles here.  Love Pierce.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 09:54:07 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Hypothetical question: would you trade Ray for Michael Redd if Milwaukee was desperate to free up money after this year.  Redd is younger but coming off a knee injury I believe.  If he was completely healthy, I would definitely consider it.

That's a trade I proposed a year ago, before Redd got hurt.  Similar game, same role on the team, younger for us, saves the Bucks some money.  If Redd proves to be healthy, I'd think about it - but no way in hell I do that trade until I'm sure Redd is back to being Redd.

Actually, I'm really hesitant to trade Ray right now.  With the 'Sheed signing, the pursuit of Hill, the other moves that ownership seems willing to make...  the willingness to pay a LOT of luxury tax...  they've pushed their chips into the center of the table THIS YEAR.  I'm not as concerned about two or three years down the road; 2009-2010 is The Year For The Boston Celtics.  Ray Allen's the best guy at the 2 spot, versus trading for Redd or Battier or anyone else who might be attainable - for this year.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I concur with my colleagues.  That deal, even with Young included, blows.