Author Topic: The Greatest Heel Turns of All time  (Read 13773 times)

The Greatest Heel Turns of All time
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i was watching return of the jedi and it got me thinking about the emperor/Palpatine, one of the most evil characters in movie history. it got me to thinking about the biggest heel turns of all time. not to get all bill simmons on everyone (because i am not nearly as clever or as funny as he is) but here are the top ten heel turns of all time. i am sure i am forgetting some, so i would love for any good ones to be added. in no order, here goes:

*for those who watch the shield, Shane kills lem. nothing else needs to be said.
*that snake art modell moves the browns out of Cleveland to Baltimore. part two of this is browns legend ozzie newsome becomes the longtime and very savvy gm of the ravens.
*johnny damon leaves the red sox for the yankees. red sox nation help make damon a household name. he leaves, the sox get younger, less expensive and win a title, the yankees are forced to move the weak armed damon out of center field within 2 years
*palpatine turns out to be working for the dark side all along.
*parcells leaves the patriots for the rival jets. parcells is gone 4 years later, the patriots go on to win a bunch of super bowls. along with this is how curtis martin left the pats to join the jets out of loyalty to parcells (who was gone 4 years later) and had to watch the pats win 3 super bowls without him.
*Terry Silver pretends to help Danny Larusso in Karate Kid III, only to later reveal himself as a longtime friend of John Kreese, and a Cobra Kai sympathizer.
*Hulk Hogan comes down to the ring at Bash At The Beach , appearing to be there to help  Lex Luger, Sting, and Randy Savage. Hogan gets to the ring and shows he is the third man in the Hall/Nash/Mystery Partner team. Hogan helps destroy Luger, Sting, and Savage and the NWO is formed.
*Karen  goes back to Rick at the end of The Last American Virgin, leaving a crying Gary broken hearted.
*Andre the Giant turns heel on Hulk Hogan, comes onto the set with Bobby Heenan, and challenges him to a match at WrestleMania III, and rips off his shirt and crucifix before walking off the set with Heenan as well.
*henry hill enters witness protection and sells out former friends Jimmy Conway and Paul Cicero, two of the guys who got him started in the business.

that is all i got.....would love to hear others.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: The Greatest Heel Turns of All time
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i was watching return of the jedi and it got me thinking about the emperor/Palpatine, one of the most evil characters in movie history.

TP! ;D

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
i was watching return of the jedi and it got me thinking about the emperor/Palpatine, one of the most evil characters in movie history.

TP! ;D

i figured you would like any star wars reference!  ;D

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
The Hogan Heel turn was the biggest of all time. By far.   

Henry Hill was left with no choise afer it became apparent Jimmy was going to kill him. 

Sticking with Star Wars, Lando setting up Han, Lea and Chewy, although he redeemed himself afterwards. 

Anikan turning to Vader was worse then Palpaltine. He went and killed all his fromer allies.  Including the little kids. 

Phoebe turning on her sister when Cole is corinated as the Source was a jaw dropper. (I'm the only one getting this reference aren't I?)

You mention the Brown moving to Baltimore, How about the Colts leaving baltimore in the middle of the night?

Apparently Danny Ainge not resigning Leon Powe afer Powe gets hurt playing in the play-offs. 

Then there's the whole Judas thing. 

That's all I got for now.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:33:12 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
The Hogan Heel turn was the biggest of all time. By far.   

Henry Hill was left with no choise afer it became apparent Jimmy was going to kill him. 

Sticking with Star Wars, Lando setting up Han, Lea and Chewy, although he redeemed himself afterwards. 

Anikan turning to Vader was worse then Palpaltine. He went and killed all his fromer allies.  Including the little kids. 

Phoebe turning on her sister when Cole is corinated as the Source was a jaw dropper. (I'm the only one getting this reference aren't I?)

You mention the Brown moving to Baltimore, How about the Colts leaving baltimore in the middle of the night?

Apparently Danny Ainge not resigning Leon Powe afer Powe gets hurt playing in the play-offs. 

That's all I got for now.

i don't know. he thought his wife was going to die. he did what he flet was right at the time.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Lol, TP, and I think your delivery on that was just perfect too.  Hilarious.

And for heel turns, how about Edward Norton in Primal Fear, or Kevin Spacey in the Usual Suspects.  Of course I guess those don't count, because those guys were heels the whole time only fronting as good guys.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:43:33 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:50:38 PM »

Offline DJ Bento Box

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
  • "It ain't easy being green."
I'd go with Fredo turning heel and selling Michael out to Hyman Roth in the Godfather II.

That was his own brother!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
There's always 006 faking his death and turning against 007 in Goldeneye...such a good movie!

Alec: For England, James?
007: No, for me.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Tony Montana on Menolo?
Yup

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 12:42:59 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Eric Burden (of the Animals) played a fairly local show that my parents went to in the 80s.  He did a big set, then came out for the encore, which of course was House of the Rising Sun.  Time for the first line, he doesn't sing; band restarts, he says I hate that ***'ng song and walks off

thats a heel turn
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 12:45:20 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I have had a few great "heel turns" in my snowboarding career! Tor turns too!!  :-*

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 01:07:23 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Patrick Lanigan's girlfriend in John Grisham's "The Partner", who stole his money and broke his heart, leaving him devastated for the rest of his life - all because of her cold-blooded greed.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:07:03 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
How about Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight? Cypher in The Matrix?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 04:33:54 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Marian Hossa leaving the Penguins to go to the Red Wings after they beat them in 6 games in the Stanley cup. Then the Penguins beat the Red Wings in 7 games the next year and Hossa is left without a ring.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 07:42:02 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
In the spirit of independence day, How about infamous vermonter benedict arnold, switching sides from rebel to brit in the middle of the revolutionary war?

Or

"Newman" from Jurassic Park: shut off the protective power during his boss's grandkids' visit? betrayal.