Author Topic: Gamestop  (Read 5649 times)

Re: Gamestop
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 06:45:26 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LBird,

are you meeting up with these craigslist people directly?

if so thats not very wise, theres plenty of stories daily of people being mugged, killed, shot etc through craigslist
Yeah I take precautions.  Lol.  Lots of loons out there.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
There is a hollywood video by me with a huge game selection that gives fair price for most games.  If it's older, don't bother selling it, but if you are selling a game w/in 6 months of release they'll givey ou $15-$30 for it, depending on what they have in stock.

More importantly though, they'll turn around and sell it for... $25-$45, so the markup isn't so frustrating.  Also have a 90 day no questions return policy on used games, and if you have their membership card they give you like 10 free CD buffs a year.  Sounds stupid but it saved a few old games I thought were dead.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There is a hollywood video by me with a huge game selection that gives fair price for most games.  If it's older, don't bother selling it, but if you are selling a game w/in 6 months of release they'll givey ou $15-$30 for it, depending on what they have in stock.

More importantly though, they'll turn around and sell it for... $25-$45, so the markup isn't so frustrating.  Also have a 90 day no questions return policy on used games, and if you have their membership card they give you like 10 free CD buffs a year.  Sounds stupid but it saved a few old games I thought were dead.

I have a friend that uses Hollywood Video and he swears by it. I am still an ebayer at heart, so that probably won't change unless something goes horribly wrong, but Gamestop is not the way to go when selling games- can be 'okay' if you are buying older games...

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I've used ebay/amazon for older games and that was good.  I got a N64 and about 10 (good) games for under $100.

I'm an impulse buyer, so it's hard for me to shop online.  I'll typically decide I want a game and immediately drive out to buy it.

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
its not. but i do it because its easier and the fact that im traded in the games i dont want either for just 1  or maybe 2 i want is better to free up space on the shelf or what have you so thats why i do it.