Author Topic: Pistons have interest in Glen Davis (Trade Idea)  (Read 1532 times)

Pistons have interest in Glen Davis (Trade Idea)
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
On the 6:30 edition of fox sports tonight both Marc Spears and Gary Tanguay both talked in depth about one of the teams showing strong interest in BBD being the Pistons so this brought my mind straight to the idea i heard yesterday from a fellow celtics blogger (sorry couldn't find the post) about a sign and trade involving rasheed wallace and rip hamilton to the cetics for ray allen.

So here it is.

Celtics sign BBD to a contract around the MLE (6 mil lets say)
Pistons sign Rasheed Wallace of 2 year 6.5 per (to assure we get wallace i'd be willing to pay the extra mill)

Celtics trade: Tony Allen, Eddie House, Brian Scalibrine, BBD, J.R. Giddens and Gabe Pruitt (who they cut to save a mill)

Pistons trade: Rip Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace

Why do the Celtics do it?: I mean come on, its a no brainer, the c's get a amazing back up, who can play both the two and the three, it allows the c's to keep their MLE to spend as they wish, its a great trade. Also it opens up plenty of roster spots for LEON POWEEEEEEE.

Why do the pistons do it?: The extension they gave rip was ill advised whether they want to admit it or not. It gives them a needed big man in Glen Davis and even Scali. All the contracts they get besides glens are expiring and it will give them the cap room to go after a big named free agent next offseason.

What would that leave us with. Obviously we would have tons a spots to fill.

Rondo/Marbury/
Allen/Hamilton/Hudson
Pierce/       /Walker
Garnett/Powe/
Perkins/Wallace/Swift

But we would still have the MLE and LLE to spend money on, and i truly believe there are going to be a number of good players in late july early august that could be had for vet min.

But lets just run through a scenario.

Resign Steph. Bring back pruitt who was cut for cheap, split MLE on Mcdyess (don't you think rip and sheed would have some sway?), lle on dahntay jones, vet min on oberto.

2009/2010 Celtics Roster:

Rondo/Marbury/Pruitt
Allen/Hamilton/Hudson
Pierce/Jones/Walker
Garnett/Mcdyess/Powe
Perkins/Wallace/Oberto

Ok, so maybe im a bit of a dreamer in terms of FA signings, but i think the trade is plenty realistic. Thoughts?

Re: Pistons have interest in Glen Davis (Trade Idea)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
In your dreams
 :(

Re: Pistons have interest in Glen Davis (Trade Idea)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

Offline PutBackDunk

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
It doesn't work money-wise. BBD will be a Bas Year Compensation player because he'll recieve more than a 20% raise from last year. This means his salary will be worth half in trades.

However, we are able to just sign Sheed and do the trade you mentioned for Rip alone....not sure I like it either way but that's how it would be allowed by the CBA.