Author Topic: looks like grant hill would still like to stay in AZ  (Read 2785 times)

looks like grant hill would still like to stay in AZ
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60208/20090630/kerr_expects_to_meet_with_grant_hill/

i understand he has a family, and i'm sure they like it in arizona. but for goodness sake, how could any gifted athlete nearing the end of his career be happy playing for a has been team that's entering rebuild mode? it's not like he's ever won anything before...if he wants to win, he better get the heck out of phoenix while he still has some game left in him. maybe this is just the polite lip service that free agents are supposed to give? i hope so, cuz i'd like to have him be our backup SF.

Re: looks like grant hill would still like to stay in AZ
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'm sure Grant is just being polite.

Interesting that Phoenix would have to use some MLE money to bring him back, having already used LLE money to sign him before.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Or couldn't they just give him a raise from the LLE?
Sad that he doesn't want to come to Boston. We'll find a good vet wing like Udoka, or Barnes.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:08:26 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Can you blame him? Grant is family oriented, and his wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. He prefers to be near his wife & kids.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:09:05 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
i think this is no news. Of course Kerr and Hill should meet and chat about role and money.

Every team should do this with the FAs they want to keep. And Hill should keep that door open.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
i would actually prefer barnes over hill, simply because he's younger and hasn't had half of the injury problems that hill has faced in his career. barnes and dahntay jones for cheap with sheed at the mid level exception would make me pretty happy about now...

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
Can you blame him? Grant is family oriented, and his wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. He prefers to be near his wife & kids.

oh man, i didn't know that about his wife, that's not good. can't blame the guy if he does decide to stay then, family comes first over everything else. either way, i found this relevant, seeing as there is so much talk about grant hill possibly coming here. maybe they still will, but he sounds pretty content to be where he is at.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »

Offline Weediam

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Anything is possiblllleeeee!!!!!
I really don't mind. I don't see why everyone is so hooked on Hill as our answer at backup wing. I understand he's a seasoned Veteran, but I'd like a better defender in that role.  It's important to have a good defender in that spot, as we saw last year we missed Posey in certain matchups.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Disappointing news

Nothing definitive but it sounds like Grant Hill is interested in returning to Phoenix, and that the Suns are very interested in keeping him around.

I hope he doesn't stay. Hill deserves to play with a good team with a chance of playing for a title. Not a squad that is being picked apart.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Disappointing news

Nothing definitive but it sounds like Grant Hill is interested in returning to Phoenix, and that the Suns are very interested in keeping him around.

I hope he doesn't stay. Hill deserves to play with a good team with a chance of playing for a title. Not a squad that is being picked apart.

disappointing i agree. but if there is a silver lining it is that at least hill wont be helping a real contender such as cleveland, orlando, or la.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 08:29:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Disappointing news

disappointing i agree. but if there is a silver lining it is that at least hill wont be helping a real contender such as cleveland, orlando, or la.
Very true ... that is a comforting thought.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 08:32:42 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
My desire for Hill has cooled as of late.  Don't really know why because he would obviously be a great pick-up.  Maybe I'm just starting to wonder how many 32+ year old veterans its good to have on one team.  Knaw mean?

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60208/20090630/kerr_expects_to_meet_with_grant_hill/

i understand he has a family, and i'm sure they like it in arizona. but for goodness sake, how could any gifted athlete nearing the end of his career be happy playing for a has been team that's entering rebuild mode? it's not like he's ever won anything before...if he wants to win, he better get the heck out of phoenix while he still has some game left in him. maybe this is just the polite lip service that free agents are supposed to give? i hope so, cuz i'd like to have him be our backup SF.

I dont think that NCAA championships count as nothing