Author Topic: Tanguay Twitter: Sheed to meet with Dallas, are u kiddin me??  (Read 9061 times)

Re: Tanguay Twitter: Sheed to meet with Dallas, are u kiddin me??
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
At least if Tanguay is WRONG he has really made himself look stupid by going so far out on a limb and MAYBE we wouldn't have to see his face yapping anymore.

However, if he is RIGHT we have Sheed.

but he's constantly wrong, he's not held to any standereds. He's just a  good talking head for comcast.

I hope he's right, but nothing changes if he's wrong.

my hope is that his source is KG. That's the only source that makes sense.

It's not like Tanger is hooked up with a lot of sources around the country that other media outlets wouldn't also have access to. and team (front office) people talking to Tanger about conversations that they shouldn't even be having with Sheed would be crazy.

but KG, as far as I know, can have all the conversations he wants to with Sheed and he's probably the most persuasive angle we have with Sheed anyway.

so that's my hope. either KG knows what way Sheed is leaning and mentioned it to Tanger or he mentioned it to another player who mentioned it to Tanger.

It doesn't matter who his source was. It's still a guess, even if his source is Wyc or Danny. The Clippers would have (and did) bet the farm that they were going to re-sign Brand last year. I doubt that the Warriors thought Davis was leaving. Anyone remember Phoenix negotiating with McDyess while he was in a limo in Denver getting ready to sign with the Nuggets? Nobody knows what Sheed's going to do, and it's likely that he doesn't know at this point in time.

well i would call it more than a guess if for instance KG and Sheed talked and Sheed said that the Cs are his first choice.

not a certainty for sure, but more than a guess...

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
No tax states with a reasonable cost of living, good golf courses, and night life are destinations for players.   

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
At least if Tanguay is WRONG he has really made himself look stupid by going so far out on a limb and MAYBE we wouldn't have to see his face yapping anymore.

However, if he is RIGHT we have Sheed.

but he's constantly wrong, he's not held to any standereds. He's just a  good talking head for comcast.

I hope he's right, but nothing changes if he's wrong.

my hope is that his source is KG. That's the only source that makes sense.

It's not like Tanger is hooked up with a lot of sources around the country that other media outlets wouldn't also have access to. and team (front office) people talking to Tanger about conversations that they shouldn't even be having with Sheed would be crazy.

but KG, as far as I know, can have all the conversations he wants to with Sheed and he's probably the most persuasive angle we have with Sheed anyway.

so that's my hope. either KG knows what way Sheed is leaning and mentioned it to Tanger or he mentioned it to another player who mentioned it to Tanger.

it's hard to imagine how his source can be KG. I thought KG went home to Malibu to complete his rehab...

maybe he has a cell phone.

for all we know KG and gary are casual friends and call each other once in a while, they do run into each other from time to time.  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 03:37:57 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
For all of Wallace's warts, the guy is passionate about the game. I like that.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
http://twitter.com/RicBucher

check out Ric Bucher's twitter... says along the lines of "KG's pleas work, Celtics, along with Dallas, on Sheed's list."

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Until something happens listening to these bogus rumors is just a waste.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 04:47:44 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Why would Sheed care about the night life and golf courses in Orlando or San Antonio? He is just going to get an apartment for 41 home games. He isn't going to buy a house.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
gary is a talking head, he just tosses crap out and if he's right he'll claim to be "in the know" and if he's wrong he'll say "that's why im not a journalist"

... Well, when this "rumored" deal for Sheed fails to materialize, I look forward to Gary analyzing how it "fell through". 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
KG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Why would Sheed care about the night life and golf courses in Orlando or San Antonio? He is just going to get an apartment for 41 home games. He isn't going to buy a house.

It's called setting your primary residence and employer residence in a no tax state.   Teams in Dallas, Florida, Tennessee, and Washington have inherent income advantages.  Depending on the state/city, it can be a 5 to 12% difference in income.