Author Topic: Tanguay Twitter: Sheed to meet with Dallas, are u kiddin me??  (Read 9087 times)

Offline laverdad34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Gary_Tanguay: More news on Rasheed Wallace while he has great interest Boston he is visiting Dallas today. I still think he wears green because of KG.

COME ON!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Re: Tanguay Twitter: Sheed to meet with Dallas, are u kiddin me??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
lol i knew not to get excited about this.. This might be the worst cause everyone was so excited cause he said his "GUT" was saying he was coming here. Well my gut feeling is were going to sign somebody but my "GUT" is not what makes Rasheed make his mind up

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Where are you finding all these people on Twitter? Is there a site where I can find real NBA players and Boston Media members who follow the Celtics?

Right now I'm following PP and SHaq.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I dunno, Tanguay's gut is pretty large.  It must know some things
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Felger is on with Holley right now and he said that Tanguay told him how and why he knows that Sheed is coming to Boston, but can't say it publically.

He simply said: "I just can't say why, but Tanguay wouldn't just toss that out there, trust me."

Plot thickens...

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 11:18:38 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
My gut tells me that Gary Tanguay is full of crap.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
My guy tells me he is full of it too, but interesting comment saying that he wouldn't just throw that out there and that he couldn't say why he is coming because the info cant be leaked.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »

Offline Gruntled

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Could KG be the middle man here?  The Celtics can't negotiate with Sheed yet, but there is nothing to stop KG from calling up his buddy Sheed and letting him know that the Celtics want him as the final piece for Banner 18.

If the call went well, KG might have given Tanguay a hint that Sheed was interested in coming here.  Didn't KG, Allen, and Pierce help with recruiting Casell, Brown, and Marbury?  In each of those cases, word got out before the signing through the players.

Anyway, hope this is true.  If we has the "Good" Sheed last year, we might have gone a lot deeper in the playoffs.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
My guy tells me he is full of it too, but interesting comment saying that he wouldn't just throw that out there and that he couldn't say why he is coming because the info cant be leaked.

It also seems like Felger & Holley are talking like it's a done deal.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
Where are you finding all these people on Twitter? Is there a site where I can find real NBA players and Boston Media members who follow the Celtics?

Right now I'm following PP and SHaq.
A good way to find others is probably to look through the friends page of NBA players and media folks (though twitter has temporarily disabled the friends pages due to a bug). Some other Boston media twitters following the Celtics in the summer: jcamerato (Jessica Camerato, WEEI) and SpearsNBA (Marc Spears, Globe).

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Gary_Tanguay: More news on Rasheed Wallace while he has great interest Boston he is visiting Dallas today. I still think he wears green because of KG.

COME ON!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??

gary is a talking head, he just tosses crap out and if he's right he'll claim to be "in the know" and if he's wrong he'll say "that's why im not a journalist"

he has no more insight than we here do.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
We will all see in about ooo 13 or 12 hours to see what goes on. Tonight at 12 we will see if anything starts happening

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
My guess between those two teams would be Boston.  Dallas is supposedly an amazing place to live, but I don't picture Sheed choosing based upon living in the city for one year.

That being said, the Celtics have the bulk of their roster set and thaere is no question as to their goal for the season.

Dallas on the other hand, while being a good team overall, hasn't truly been in the thick of the championship competition, and with Bass as a FA and Kidd looking around, they seem to be a fairly confused and unstable team.

Make the right choice Sheed.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
It would be very impressive if Sheed chose the Celts. He is a flake if he doesn't.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
My guess between those two teams would be Boston.  Dallas is supposedly an amazing place to live, but I don't picture Sheed choosing based upon living in the city for one year.

That being said, the Celtics have the bulk of their roster set and thaere is no question as to their goal for the season.

Dallas on the other hand, while being a good team overall, hasn't truly been in the thick of the championship competition, and with Bass as a FA and Kidd looking around, they seem to be a fairly confused and unstable team.

Make the right choice Sheed.

yeah DAL would be a weird landing pad for Sheed. ORL and SAS on the other hand make a lot of sense because they are really good and have a starting role for him.

personally, I think ORL is crazy to not be going hard after Turk. He would make them much more dangerous than Sheed in their starting line up.

but SAS, with the addition of RJeff, would move to the top of the WC with the addition of Sheed.

Ugh, can't wait till we get an answer on this.