Author Topic: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)  (Read 30903 times)

Re: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Who or what in god's name is "D&C"?  Is that a news channel?  A website?  A sweet, savory nighttime snack?

John Dennis & Jerry Callahan. Morning talk hosts on Boston sports station WEEI.  Very popular.  Mostly annoying.

So they're talk show hosts?  Like Howard Stern, but sports-focused?  Umm yeah, that's surely a good source for critical, breaking news like this.  Who wouldn't rely on them for such important coverage?  Considering that they're only regional and not nationally known, I can't think of a better source for the leaked steroid list.

Well they work for the annually ranked number 1 sports radio station in the country.  And have a prominent timeslot and are one of the highest rated shows in the boston area as well as both of them having carreers as sports writers for the Boston Herald.  I would trust what they say......

Couldn't have said any of that better myself.  Callahan can get a little too crazy at times but there isnt another morning show out there that mixes sports, politics, and humor together as well as those three (can't forget Meter, haha.)

If you want to bash EEI (like so many on this site love to do) then aim it at the Big Show.  D&C is for those who, as has been mentioned in this thread, like to "think critically" and laugh a bit at 8am.

"think critically"? Every opinion is straight out of the conservative handbook...

doesn't critical thinking require considering more than one side of an issue...?

every other channel in boston looks at the other side of the issue, so this extreme forces you to think critically because you hear both sides. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Who or what in god's name is "D&C"?  Is that a news channel?  A website?  A sweet, savory nighttime snack?

John Dennis & Jerry Callahan. Morning talk hosts on Boston sports station WEEI.  Very popular.  Mostly annoying.

So they're talk show hosts?  Like Howard Stern, but sports-focused?  Umm yeah, that's surely a good source for critical, breaking news like this.  Who wouldn't rely on them for such important coverage?  Considering that they're only regional and not nationally known, I can't think of a better source for the leaked steroid list.

Well they work for the annually ranked number 1 sports radio station in the country.  And have a prominent timeslot and are one of the highest rated shows in the boston area as well as both of them having carreers as sports writers for the Boston Herald.  I would trust what they say......

Couldn't have said any of that better myself.  Callahan can get a little too crazy at times but there isnt another morning show out there that mixes sports, politics, and humor together as well as those three (can't forget Meter, haha.)

If you want to bash EEI (like so many on this site love to do) then aim it at the Big Show.  D&C is for those who, as has been mentioned in this thread, like to "think critically" and laugh a bit at 8am.

"think critically"? Every opinion is straight out of the conservative handbook...

doesn't critical thinking require considering more than one side of an issue...?

every other channel in boston looks at the other side of the issue, so this extreme forces you to think critically because you hear both sides. 

you think the "Right" is lacking a voice in radio? Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mike Reagan, Laura Ingraham, Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly...the list goes on and on....

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

you think the "Right" is lacking a voice in radio? Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mike Reagan, Laura Ingraham, Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly...the list goes on and on....

I was more targeting every other form of media including The Globe as well as all local TV newscast and national tv newscast.  But those are mostly morning shows so if you listen to D and C you wont hear the others
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

So they're entertaining.  Fine.  I get that.  But how have they established themselves as a bona fide news source?  Have they ever been the first to scoop a big story before?  Ever?

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Dude, Im not sure if they have because they have the 6-10 shift.  So im not sure how much breaking news occurs during their shift.  But Man, I think the BC football coach leaving was broken on the show.  But the station itself breaks news routinely.  Dude, dude, man

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
Dude, Im not sure if they have because they have the 6-10 shift.  So im not sure how much breaking news occurs during their shift.  But Man, I think the BC football coach leaving was broken on the show.  But the station itself breaks news routinely.  Dude, dude, man

I like the way you talk, man.  We should totally hang out.  Brohug the night away.  Really rip it up.  That schizz be so tight.  FTW

Aside from how full of win you obviously are, isn't the BC coach leaving a regional story?  Ok so they scooped that.  But this steroid list would be the biggest, most controversial sports story of the year.  Do you really think a couple of local yokels would be the first to get their hands on it?  I find that to be highly dubious.

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Fans were pretty ****ed about it, eight years ago. You can only be outraged so long, especially when you still watch and love baseball.

I agree. outrage has all but disappeared. but isn't that contrary to the "long-standing damage to the sport and its records" argument for the initial outrage.

to me, the waning outrage is more supporting the Barry Bonds- centric view of why this was initially such a big story in baseball as opposed to the level of outrage against steroids in other sports.
I think the steps baseball has taken to clean up the game has dampened it, as has the time and retirement of many of the key figures in the controversy. Fans were upset by it, but they were not willing to stop buying/watching MLB.

I think Bonds was merely the poster-child for the numbers, he broke all the HR records after all.

*shrug* whatever I'm not that into baseball. I'd like for the Cubs to win, but I don't stress about it.

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2009, 01:27:30 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
OK Im not sure how much I want to argue about it, but Im sure anybody here can tell you weei is a very respectable source. 

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Psssh speak for yourself, I find there  viewpoints refreshing in a liberal dominated media. Its nice to hear the other sides of things for once.  But at the same time take what they say with a grain of salt.  

The political stuff is annoying...I know, I know, I know...it's entertainment, and if I don't like it I don't have to listen to it, but it's the only outlet for sports radio...there are plenty of other outlets for politics.  And while I don't generally agree with their views, I'd have an easier time listening to them if they weren't so [dang]ed crass with the callers.  So yeh, I'd say they're annoying.

There's always Mike & Mike or 1510 the zone.

Don't you think it gets old if you are harping on the same sports topics EVERY morning for 4 hours? I mean how much Big Papi talk can you stand before you go insane? that's why i can't do the Big Show very often.  I guess i can understand that some people don't want to talk about current events or politics, but i enjoy being updated on important events that are in the headlines.

Can't get them on the Cape.  I could barely get WEEI in until a local FM station picked up a syndication recently.
Yup

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
This is fake.

No source provided (it originated at a random website 2 days ago (again with no source)

jeremy burnitz is listed twice (well he was when the list was intitially released, but it has since been edited)

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
OK Im not sure how much I want to argue about it, but Im sure anybody here can tell you weei is a very respectable source. 

Not for national, critically important, breaking news it isn't.

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Well that just makes clear your ignorance on the topic.  They didnt claim to have the list, they just said the list was leaked.  Thats what this thread is about.  Which is national news.  As the number one ranked sports radio station in the country, they are as credible as any news outlet across the country. 

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

For what?

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

For what?

Sports News