Author Topic: Update: Tanguay's GUT says Rasheed Wallace to Boston looks to be a done deal  (Read 38959 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Anyone else catch the end of Sports Tonight?

He couldn't name his source.  He just said to trust him, that from what he's hearing, Rasheed is pretty close to coming to Boston.

That's obviously the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Ric Bucher said.

Take it for what it's worth

Thread title update by me - Jeff
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:05:46 PM by Jeff »

Re: Tanguay says Rasheed Wallace to Boston looks to be a done deal???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Just saw that.  What a jerk, throwing that out, as a tease for the 10pm show (he said more on it at 10).  He definitely reeled me in, even though I don't buy he has inside info for a second.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I'm hyperventilating right now. Don't toy with me, Tanguay. I met you courtside you shouldn't treat me this way.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
July 1... until then not much we can do with these sort of rumors. It'll just give me a headache thinking about it. Would be pretty cool if true. Do you start him over Perk?

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Unlike other GM's, Danny doesn't come off as the type of GM that would try to negotiate before July 1st. I'm sure most GM's do, but Danny seems like a straight laced by the rules guy. I remember a few years they video taped Toronto's draft war room and their GM called Danny to ask about Marcus Williams and Danny seemed to think it was unethical to only share info with Toronto. i think many GM's and FA's are negotiating now, but Danny will wait until July 1st.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Unlike other GM's, Danny doesn't come off as the type of GM that would try to negotiate before July 1st. I'm sure most GM's do, but Danny seems like a straight laced by the rules guy. I remember a few years they video taped Toronto's draft war room and their GM called Danny to ask about Marcus Williams and Danny seemed to think it was unethical to only share info with Toronto. i think many GM's and FA's are negotiating now, but Danny will wait until July 1st.

1. I completely disagree.  Danny would take every advantage he can.

2. Just because they can't negotiate, does not mean feelers cant be put out from both sides.  Danny can let word get to Sheed's agent that he is willing to give him the full MLE for 2-3 years, and Sheed's agent can send word through back channels whether he would be interested.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
i hope this is true..i'll be p---ed if tanquays playing mind games.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
July 1... until then not much we can do with these sort of rumors. It'll just give me a headache thinking about it. Would be pretty cool if true. Do you start him over Perk?

You'd seriously consider starting 'sheed over Perk?

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yeah, because Sheed is clearly an untalented player. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor, he's a good defender, will spread the defense making it easier for everyone in the floor to play their game, especially if Rondo is looking to penetrate more, if they want KG playing closer to the basket, and Pierce will have an easier time getting to the rim. Now, why should I seriously consider this?

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

Yeah, because Sheed is clearly an untalented player. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor, he's a good defender, will spread the defense making it easier for everyone in the floor to play their game, especially if Rondo is looking to penetrate more, if they want KG playing closer to the basket, and Pierce will have an easier time getting to the rim. Now, why should I seriously consider this?

I think this only happens if Sheed understands that he'd be coming off the bench.  He'd probably play down the stretch in 4th quarter crunch time, but he'd be starting off the game on the bench.

I think this team and coaching staff is too loyal to Perk to just automatically put him as the backup center.  I still think Perk is a better defender right now anyway.  Wallace has fallen in love with the three ball at this stage in his career.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Danny just today said there were different types of free agents. August 15th free agents, August 1st free agents and July 1st free agents.

How could he say there were July 1st free agents and not be a guy that doesn't whisper through people to other people who might happen to mention to Rasheed Wallace's agent that the C's might be willing to do a 2 year full MLE for Sheed?

Personally I think the Celtics sign someone, maybe Rasheed, less than ten minutes after the free agency period opens.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
this is one rumor i hope is true.

dahntay jones? yuck.

oberto? pluuuzeeee.

wallace off the bench for 25 to 30 minutes would help the celtics sooooo much.

KG plays less minutes, maybe only 30-32. and if paired with wallace wallace take some of the pressure to score off KG.

perk plays less minutes, less wear and tear on his shoulder. when paired with perk wallace can provide otuside shooting.

wallace is not what he once way, but that is maybe why the celtics can afford him. if he goes to the celtics and doc plays him 24 to 30 minutes, i would keep wallace from getting tired.

if this happens, all ainge has to do is sign grant hill and the celtics are THE team to beat.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
pretty sure rasheed would be the 6th man. perk is too perfect down low on defense. i don't think perk would be as effective coming in where rasheed is more versatile. ah, what do i know?
   once i read this, it popped in my head that maybe this is why rumors were going around about dahntay jones and oberto who seem to be further down the ladder of talented free agents.maybe rasheed made it known to kg?  
   i've flipped on rasheed. honestly, i'm not a fan. i think he whoops it up with his mouth and has let the pistons down with a much less than 100% percent effort ,but there just is'nt much out there. quality over quantity i say.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Danny just today said there were different types of free agents. August 15th free agents, August 1st free agents and July 1st free agents.

How could he say there were July 1st free agents and not be a guy that doesn't whisper through people to other people who might happen to mention to Rasheed Wallace's agent that the C's might be willing to do a 2 year full MLE for Sheed?

Personally I think the Celtics sign someone, maybe Rasheed, less than ten minutes after the free agency period opens.

I think Danny works hard and will be prepared come July 1st, but I don't see him negotiating a deal (like the Clippers did with Baron Davis) prior to July 1st. I'd be shocked if the Celtics sign someone by 12:10 AM on Wednesday, but if they do you have permission to rub it in.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

You really would start Sheed over Perk... are you kidding me... Along with KG, Perk is the catalyst of our defense... we already have the best starting five in basketball why would we tamper with it... Perk already has proven he fits perfectly... and Perk is a much better player to play alongside with KG than Sheed... Don't get me wrong I would love if Sheed came here but he would have to have take a back up roll behind KG and Perk
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce