Author Topic: Update: Tanguay's GUT says Rasheed Wallace to Boston looks to be a done deal  (Read 39077 times)

Re: Tanguay says Rasheed Wallace to Boston looks to be a done deal???
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Let's also remember those shoulders of Perks. He may miss stretches throughout the season. When he is healthy I think he starts, however it would be nice for when Perk is in foul trouble or out. It also would be nice to be able to go big with:

Rondo/ or even just Ray with PP bringing the ball up
PP
KG
Perk
Rasheed

What a luxury that would be. With the moves by the Cavs and Magic I hope danny and Wic know it will take a big move like this to be in the hunt.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 07:30:58 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
adding grant hill would give us a lot of brains out there on the court. i just think he'll get injured. sucks for him. one unlucky dude. i know he's had completely unrelated injuries but how has that ankle held up? anyone know? does it give him pain still? is it something that's monitored from time to time?

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Unlike other GM's, Danny doesn't come off as the type of GM that would try to negotiate before July 1st. I'm sure most GM's do, but Danny seems like a straight laced by the rules guy. I remember a few years they video taped Toronto's draft war room and their GM called Danny to ask about Marcus Williams and Danny seemed to think it was unethical to only share info with Toronto. i think many GM's and FA's are negotiating now, but Danny will wait until July 1st.
Danny just today said there were different types of free agents. August 15th free agents, August 1st free agents and July 1st free agents.

How could he say there were July 1st free agents and not be a guy that doesn't whisper through people to other people who might happen to mention to Rasheed Wallace's agent that the C's might be willing to do a 2 year full MLE for Sheed?

Personally I think the Celtics sign someone, maybe Rasheed, less than ten minutes after the free agency period opens.

I think Danny works hard and will be prepared come July 1st, but I don't see him negotiating a deal (like the Clippers did with Baron Davis) prior to July 1st. I'd be shocked if the Celtics sign someone by 12:10 AM on Wednesday, but if they do you have permission to rub it in.
jr I wouldn't rub it in, I'd just expect some TP love ;) ;D

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Unlike other GM's, Danny doesn't come off as the type of GM that would try to negotiate before July 1st. I'm sure most GM's do, but Danny seems like a straight laced by the rules guy. I remember a few years they video taped Toronto's draft war room and their GM called Danny to ask about Marcus Williams and Danny seemed to think it was unethical to only share info with Toronto. i think many GM's and FA's are negotiating now, but Danny will wait until July 1st.
Danny just today said there were different types of free agents. August 15th free agents, August 1st free agents and July 1st free agents.

How could he say there were July 1st free agents and not be a guy that doesn't whisper through people to other people who might happen to mention to Rasheed Wallace's agent that the C's might be willing to do a 2 year full MLE for Sheed?

Personally I think the Celtics sign someone, maybe Rasheed, less than ten minutes after the free agency period opens.

I think Danny works hard and will be prepared come July 1st, but I don't see him negotiating a deal (like the Clippers did with Baron Davis) prior to July 1st. I'd be shocked if the Celtics sign someone by 12:10 AM on Wednesday, but if they do you have permission to rub it in.

No problem. Of course I'd oblige. But if they don't sign someone by then... ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
this was my first choice for a big....

maybe Danny can't negotiate, but I don't see any reason KG can't get this whole thing lined up, right?

get it done, KG....get it done.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No problem. Of course I'd oblige. But if they don't sign someone by then... ;D
Quid pro quo

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
if this happens i wanna hear about marion chasing the money to some crap team after that. getting greedy.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Wallace would probably be the smartest move.  Perk would definitely start, I'm sure KG would much rather have him by his side on D.  A PF's ability to spread to floor is very valuable yet underrated.  I know Scal doesn't score much himself, but i honestly notice an increase in other people scoring when he's standing behind the arc with his hands up.  The Magic seemed to have success with four 3-point shooters on the floor at all times, and they don't have drivers like Pierce and Rondo.
Also, Perk is essential to defend guys like Howard, but i wouldn't mind seeing Wallace play excessive center minutes for Perk.  That would give Garnett the opportunity to play a little closer to the basket (you know Rondo feeds those ally-oops perfectly).
I would rather see Wallace in the game for either of them than Big Baby to be honest (as long as can fit in nicely).  And if we need some reserve muscle that's what we got Powe for. (HOPEFULLY)
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yeah you think Big Baby is as good as gone if this rumor turns out to be true?

Also, as much as I love Grant Hill...no thank you.  Nothing against his talent, he just can't stay healthy.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Having KG and Sheed share 48 minutes a game would be really really sweet.  Just I don't know if I trust the source.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
July 1... until then not much we can do with these sort of rumors. It'll just give me a headache thinking about it. Would be pretty cool if true. Do you start him over Perk?

You'd seriously consider starting 'sheed over Perk?

Y E S ! ! ! 
Rasheed is a hall of fame center, and Perk is a good center. 

I am so excited if this is true, just look at all my passed posts begging for Rasheed Wallace (and also Matt Barnes, but Rasheed is clearly priority number one!)

I don't think it will really matter who starts anyway, I expect both to play close to 30 min. per game.  This is so key to give perk rest with his shoulder, and to add an amazing talent named Rasheed Wallace.  I know he can be wacky, but believe me, this guy COMPETES!

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I don't really see what you would need to do to get ready.  Is a guy gonna pick your team just because he heard your name before another team's in an unconfirmed rumor.
All i see Ainge doing is writing down on a piece of paper who he wants from where in order at about 11:59 (probably a short list).
That or he has this huge trade already lined up to surprise us, but i don't think he wants to give any of us a heart attack.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
It matters which Sheed we get.  If we get the one from last season who didn't care and just sat outside gunning threes then he's not gonna be much help.  If we get a motivated Sheed trying for one more ring, then that would be great.  

This is getting way ahead but I think he'd come off the bench. That way he'd be the go to guy off the bench rather then one of 5 guys trying to score.  I think he'd like that better and I think it ballances the line up better.  But that discussion is for another day.    

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yeah I'm thinking more and more that I hope this done.  I've always personally hoped that the Bir[dang] will be our backup bigman, but since it looks like he's going to resign in Denver, I guess Rasheed is the next best thing.

I think it HAS to be done...cause what most people don't realize is that not only did Cleveland trade for Shaq, but they still have more money to spend to get a solid bench player as well.  That team is going to be scarier than ever depending on who they sign

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It matters which Sheed we get.  If we get the one from last season who didn't care and just sat outside gunning threes then he's not gonna be much help.  If we get a motivated Sheed trying for one more ring, then that would be great.  

This is getting way ahead but I think he'd come off the bench. That way he'd be the go to guy off the bench rather then one of 5 guys trying to score.  I think he'd like that better and I think it ballances the line up better.  But that discussion is for another day.    

if he's on a team with a screaming KG, he will be as motivated as ever, it may bring back the sheed who lead the league in techs, but that's ok