Author Topic: Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block?  (Read 8122 times)

Re: Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
no way i'd do the rondo deal. are you dudes nuts? the ray for battier/mcgrady i'd do. geez. i hope one of our rivals does'nt get a gift deal again.

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
This trade offer that Houston made to Minny says two things to me. One, that Yao very likely will never suit up again for the Rockets and two that Morey, who is supposed to have one of the best basketball minds, feels strongly that Rubio is the sort of player you can build around.

I really feel people are sleeping on how good Rubio can be in a couple years. He will be one of those players you can't solely match up versus other point guards statistically. It's how he improves others and their stats. When Nash was MVP it wasn't because of his numbers only, but the numbers he enabled Marion, Amare, Diaw and the rest of his teammates to achieve.

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
You just dont trade a player with big time all star talent for two or three players who are very good. It just rarely works out for the better in this league. Rondo is about to dominate from the point and I know the other two guys are veyr good players but not that good.

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 07:59:24 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
If Rasheed Wallace signs with the C's(Tanguay rumor),  I would then offer BBD (S&T), Giddens/Walker, and a protected #1 to get Battier.  He would  be an ideal 7th man (picture this: "Now entering, Rasheed Wallace and Shane Battier").  Perhaps TA and Scal would be more appealing than Giddens/Walker as expiring deals.  I think Battier is a great fit for this team especially if 'Sheed signs.  I'm afraid Houston may field some nice offers for Battier, may put us out of the running.

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
No way would i deal Rondo for Brooks and Battier. Even though Rondo isn't an allstar (yet), he is by far the best player involved.

That being said I've loved Battier's game since Duke, and always thought he'd be a great Celtic someday. I don't think we can compete with what other teams can offer though.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We'd have to give up too much to get too little in return.  Don't get me wrong...I love both guys' games, especially in the playoffs this last year.  But I'll hold onto our starting 5 (the best in the NBA by the way).