Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo to the Kings for #4 and Thompson/Hawes  (Read 18429 times)

Re: Rumor: Rondo to the Kings for #4 and Thompson/Hawes
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 10:22:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know, winsomme could be on to something here.

Maybe Sacramento drafted Evans for Danny and the understanding was that the trade would go through but couldn't go through until after July 1st when Danny could land a playoff caliber PG with experience first. So Sacramento makes the pick. Danny goes hard after Kidd and/or Andre Miller.

Once he gets one of those two guys to commit, he pulls off the trade and adds the rookie he wants for a backup role to tutor under Kidd/Miller for a couple of years and also the very promising big he's been looking for at the backup 5 in Hawes. Danny then resigns baby and Leon and gives either Hill or Barnes or Udoka the LLE to back up Pierce or trades Scal and Tony for a decent backup wing.

TP winsomme!! You may have found something here.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Maybe Sacramento drafted Evans for Danny and the understanding was that the trade would go through but couldn't go through until after July 1st when Danny could land a playoff caliber PG with experience first. So Sacramento makes the pick. Danny goes hard after Kidd and/or Andre Miller.

Once he gets one of those two guys to commit, he pulls off the trade and adds the rookie he wants for a backup role to tutor under Kidd/Miller for a couple of years and also the very promising big he's been looking for at the backup 5 in Hawes. Danny then resigns baby and Leon and gives either Hill or Barnes or Udoka the LLE to back up Pierce or trades Scal and Tony for a decent backup wing.

Kidd / Evans / Hudson
Ray / House / Allen
Pierce / Hill / Walker
Garnett / BBD / Powe
Perkins / Hawes

A pretty good team, and who knows, maybe Evans really will be something special.

Still, I hope that doesn't happen. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

It certainly would make sense of the Jason Kidd rumors, because it just wouldn't make sense for a team in financial trouble to go out and spend full MLE on a backup pointguard. That would put our roster at.

Kidd/Evens/Hudson
Allen/House/Giddens
Pierce/Hill/Walker
Garnett/BBD/Scal
Perkins/Hawes/Powe

(BTW you mentioned trading tony for a suitable backup, but he would be traded in this supposed deal.)

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Tyreke Evans is not good. Think Tony Allen without the jumping ability. Then again Danny loves him some Tony  :(  Signing Kidd/Miller and getting Rubio and one of Sacto's bigs sounded intriguing. Tyreke Evans is not the answer.

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:58 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Tyreke Evans is not good. Think Tony Allen without the jumping ability. Then again Danny loves him some Tony  :(  Signing Kidd/Miller and getting Rubio and one of Sacto's bigs sounded intriguing. Tyreke Evans is not the answer.

Not that I'm really very excited about Tyreke "Drive-By" Evans, but Tony Allen was drafted 25th overall in 2004...was that draft so much better than this one that a top 5 guy would go 25th?

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

Not that I'm really very excited about Tyreke "Drive-By" Evans, but Tony Allen was drafted 25th overall in 2004...was that draft so much better than this one that a top 5 guy would go 25th?

Well I think several players picked after Evans will make better pros. I think Rubio, Flynn, and Curry (the next three picks) will all be much better. Darko was picked #2. That doesn't make that draft bad. Just the decision. Evans is impressive in workouts versus chairs or one on one matchups, but he's too small to be a shooting guard and doesn't have point guard characteristics. You can't teach the point guard position in the NBA. Think Marcus Banks. Rubio is a point guard. Evans could be a decent third guard I guess. Picking him #4 was a mistake and if Ainge trades for him, it would be a colossal mistake.

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Well I think several players picked after Evans will make better pros. I think Rubio, Flynn, and Curry (the next three picks) will all be much better. Darko was picked #2. That doesn't make that draft bad. Just the decision. Evans is impressive in workouts versus chairs or one on one matchups, but he's too small to be a shooting guard and doesn't have point guard characteristics. You can't teach the point guard position in the NBA. Think Marcus Banks. Rubio is a point guard. Evans could be a decent third guard I guess. Picking him #4 was a mistake and if Ainge trades for him, it would be a colossal mistake.

Again, I'm not refuting you, but Evans has plenty of size to be a SG...he's 6'5'' and has a long wingspan.  There are plenty of good SGs with that kind of size.  He's actually pretty big for a PG.

I think Evans makes the most sense as a SG, though.  I agree.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 11:30:35 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
One problem with Evans at shooting guard is that all the scouts say he can't shoot. I think that's why he was the driver...  I know poor taste of humor  :-[

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 11:31:54 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
One problem with Evans at shooting guard is that all the scouts say he can't shoot. I think that's why he was the driver...  I know poor taste of humor  :-[

Haha, very clever.  TP.

Also a good point.

- Doc Rivers