Author Topic: Could Boston land a Clippers big man for scrubs?  (Read 9853 times)

Re: Could Boston land a Clippers big man for scrubs?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 10:00:04 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Just a feeling, but I see Camby or Kaman to Houston for Battier or something like that.  With Yao's foot injury and Dikembe's certain retirement, they're going to need another center to play alongside Scola...

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
To Washington for Mike Miller makes sense as well.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
While I'm sure nick didn't have him in mind, Brian Skinner is now an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/transaction_090630.html

He's not an all-star or high-profile player, but Skinner has made a 10-year career in the league based on hard work and physical play. He'd be a good pickup to bolster our frontcourt depth (certainly an upgrade over Mikki Moore), and could likely be had for a reasonable amount, perhaps even vet minimum (assuming he's opting out to get out of that Clipper organization and contribute to a winning team, and not for a bigger payday than the $1.3 mil he's leaving on the table).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
While I'm sure nick didn't have him in mind, Brian Skinner is now an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/transaction_090630.html

He's not an all-star or high-profile player, but Skinner has made a 10-year career in the league based on hard work and physical play. He'd be a good pickup to bolster our frontcourt depth (certainly an upgrade over Mikki Moore), and could likely be had for a reasonable amount, perhaps even vet minimum (assuming he's opting out to get out of that Clipper organization and contribute to a winning team, and not for a bigger payday than the $1.3 mil he's leaving on the table).

Skinner is exactly the kind of veteran that this team really could have used last season (he's one of the guys i wanted to add 2 years ago) and NEED to add this season. A lot of these guys will be able to be had for the veterans minimum.

Every dime that we spent on OBryant and Moore and not on guys like Skinner, Anderson or even Foyle or Voskuhl was wasted IMO.

I'm hoping/praying that Ainge learned the lesson...
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!