Author Topic: Was doing some research on Hudson, then.....  (Read 8552 times)

Re: Was doing some research on Hudson, then.....
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
I'm buying it till I see the kid play, why the hell not.  TP

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Danny made a great pick because there is almost nothing to lose. Also, Hudson seems like a very interesting player and many Celtic fans will watch the summer league games just because this guy is playing.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Danny made a great pick because there is almost nothing to lose. Also, Hudson seems like a very interesting player and many Celtic fans will watch the summer league games just because this guy is playing.

I'm going to watch because it's Celtic related and  it's an actual basketball game. NO reason not to watch.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Right out of the gate let me say I was very worried the day of the draft because I felt (and still do) that a few teams passed us by in efforts to win a title. I did not give much thought to our 58th pick the night of the draft and spent the evening stewing about the day down here in Houston. Easy to do since it has been over 100 for about two weeks.

Then I decided to give Danny the benefit of the doubt since he has been brilliant in the second round over the years. What I found was quite impressive: Every pre draft work out I could find (The Kings, Atlanta, Houston a few other that slip my mind) talked about not only was Hudson a surprise, but frankly a revelation.

Everywhere he worked out he gave other players fits on D, scored at will and was consistantly hitting shots from outside of the area code the gym was in. According to reports, during a workout in Houston, he gave Curry everything he could handle.

Then this happened: I have mentioned on this site a few times that I work in the Restaurant/Bar biz down here in on-fire-ville, sorry, Houston. One of my regulars is guy who works for the Rockets. He helps the scouting department compile data on players and teams. (basically he does a lot of data entry, but it gets to see film and notes and such) He came by for a drink last night and when the draft came up said "****ing Danny did it again, Hudson is a stud".

According to him Hudson torched guys in workouts in Houston, Shot threes like they were lay-ups and in general was amazing. This of course led me to ask, then why the hell did he go 58th? His response circled around these points: He will be 25 by the time season starts, He's a tweener, his "History", and the level of play he faced.

In the end he told me the folks with the Rockets thought VERY highly of this guy. He is convinced Hudson will stick. He compared him to Hill on the Spurs. I came away impressed.

I then spent last night not drinking and trying to watch as much film on Hudson I could find.(See the sacrifices I make for this blog) What I could come up with left me thinking this guy better than House for sure and could be a great rotation guy. He just flat out can score.

I watched film from his game last year against Memphis and no matter what they did he lit it up. 33pts in 29 minutes. In fact every time he palyed big D-1 schools, he torched them. Strangly enough, Michael Lemaire wrote about Hudson last year and figured the C's would draft him because he was exactly the kind of player Ainge tends to find. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19546-college-basketballs-diamond-in-the-rough-lester-hudson

I am feeling very good about this guy. House should not be.

thx for the info....keeping fingers crossed

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Hudson is going to surprise many

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
AHHHHH WALL OF TEXT BURNS MY EYES.

Break it up, amigo.  Nobody is going to read all of that the way it is.
Just read it, and it is really interesting. TP to the OP.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well it would be a shocking surprise if he turned out to be as good as Ben Gordon.  The article compares him to that player.  If he's an upgrade over House and offers slashing in addition to jump shooting, I think he'll earn himself a role and spot on the roster.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
I am joining the TP parade, enjoyed the read.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
If he makes the roster, I will consider him a success.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Here it is in paragraph form, with some edits:

Let me say I was very worried the day of the draft because a few teams [may have] passed us. I did not give much thought to our 58th pick, and spent the evening stewing down here in Houston - Easy to do since it has been over 100 for two weeks.

I decided to give Danny the benefit of the doubt, since he has been brilliant in the second round over the years. What I found was quite impressive:

Every pre draft work out (Kings, [Hawks, Rockets, etc.]) talked about Hudson [as] a revelation. He gave other players fits on D, scored at will, and was consistantly hitting shots from outside the area code [of] the gym. During a workout in Houston he gave Curry everything he could handle.

I have mentioned a few times that I work in the Restaurant/Bar biz down here Houston, and one of my regulars works for the Rockets. He helps the scouting department compile data on players and teams - basically a lot of data entry, but gets to see film and notes. He came by last night and said "Danny did it again, Hudson is a stud. Hudson torched guys in workouts, shot threes like lay-ups and [was generally] amazing.

[I asked] why the hell did he go 58th? "He will be 25 by the time season starts, he is a tweener, he has history, and the level of [competition in college]." In the end, he told me the Rockets thought VERY highly of this guy, and is convinced Hudson will stick. He compared him to Hill on the Spurs.

-------------------------
I then spent last night trying to watch as much film as I could find.(See the sacrifices I make for this blog) What I could come up with left me thinking [he] could be a great rotation guy.

He can score - last year against Memphis he lit it up, [scoring] 33pts in 29 minutes. Every time he palyed big D-1 schools, he torched them. Strangly enough, Michael Lemaire wrote about Hudson last year and figured the C's would draft him because he was exactly the kind of player Ainge tends to find:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19546-college-basketballs-diamond-in-the-rough-lester-hudson

I am feeling very good about this guy.

Thank you, it was a good read, and very encouraging if this "regular" from the Rockets exists.  ;D

No offense to the original poster, of course, but it's the internet, I have to take all mentions of "inside sources" with more than a couple grains of salt.

yeh, we did bash the hell out of a guy for a Wade to Boston rumor.  Somehow this one comes across a lot less self promotional though, so it's easier to accept.  Either a very savvy poster, or the truth?  Sounds more like the latter here.

Wade's coming to Boston?!?!?!?!!!!?!!!!!?!??!!!

LOL.

TP for the OP, good stuff... i think Pruitt should be more worried than House. If Hudson can chip in 5 min/gm, that would be great!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Loved the read! Summer league is going to be interesting!

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thanks for the info, keeps me optimistic, even though I generally am.  TP

I guess his has a crazy wingspan and huge hands like Rondo, which can explain why he'd be a nightmare on D for other gaurds. Even if he is rather small (not buying he is 6'3'').