Author Topic: Combining Rumors - 4-way deal  (Read 2321 times)

Combining Rumors - 4-way deal
« on: June 27, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
BOS gets: Amare, Barbosa, Azubuike
PHX gets: Rubio, Biedrins, Ray (exp), Cardinal (exp), Scals (exp)
MIN gets: Richardson, Perkins
GS gets: Robin Lopez, Corey Brewer, T. Allen, Songaila, future BOS top-3 or lottery-protected 1st (whatever it takes)

Lineups:

BOS: Garnett, Stoudemire, Pierce, Barbosa, Rondo
More explosive plus versatile Azubuike off the bench.

PHX: Biedrins, ?PF?, ?SF?, Allen, Nash
Clear 30 million in cap space after year plus get Biedrins & Rubio for future.

MIN: Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, Richardson, Flynn
Get the scoring two-guard they need, plus a true center so Love can come off the bench and back up the 4/5.  If Rubio absolutely won't play for them, this isn't a bad deal.

GS: Lopez/Turiaf, Wright/Randolph/Songaila, Maggette, Captain Jack, Monta/Curry
Least likely to do this.  Although, they really are only giving up Biedrins and replacing with Lopez who is cheaper and can run the floor in their style.  They pick up a future pick in the process.  Maybe another from PHX if possible could get them to bite?

Thoughts?

Re: Combining Rumors - 4-way deal
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:21:46 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
BOS gets: Amare, Barbosa, Azubuike
PHX gets: Rubio, Biedrins, Ray (exp) Cardinal (exp), Scals (exp)
MIN gets: Richardson, Perkins
GS gets: Robin Lopez, Corey Brewer, T. Allen, Songaila, future BOS top-3 or lottery-protected 1st (whatever it takes)

Lineups:

BOS: Garnett, Perkins, Pierce, Barbosa, Rondo
More explosive plus versatile Azubuike off the bench.

PHX: Biedrins, ?PF?, ?SF?, Allen, Nash
Clear 30 million in cap space after year plus get Biedrins & Rubio for future.

MIN: Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, Richardson, Flynn
Get the scoring two-guard they need, plus a true center so Love can come off the bench and back up the 4/5.  If Rubio absolutely won't play for them, this isn't a bad deal.

GS: Lopez/Turiaf, Wright/Randolph/Songaila, Maggette, Captain Jack, Monta/Curry
Least likely to do this.  Although, they really are only giving up Biedrins and replacing with Lopez who is cheaper and can run the floor in their style.  They pick up a future pick in the process.  Maybe another from PHX if possible could get them to bite?

Thoughts?

I like this for us. I think it all comes down to how Barbosa preforms though. But I think Garnett and Stoudemire is going to be unstoppable up front.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If Golden state could complete a trade to get Amare, why would they instead do this deal and only get Lopez, Brewer, a couple benchwarmers, and a future pick?

Also, I have a feeling Minnesota might be able to do better than Perkins and Richardson for Rubio (not sure, though), but even if they couldn't, they probably wouldn't mind just leaving Rubio overseas for a couple years and letting his trade value improve with age like fine wine.

They don't need to be good now, so I don't see them trading a potential star prospect whose value will only increase in the next couple of years for an admittedly valuable young defensive center and a decent SG in his late twenties.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:33:20 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
If Golden state could complete a trade to get Amare, why would they instead do this deal and only get Lopez, Brewer, a couple benchwarmers, and a future pick?

Thus, they are the least likely to do this.  If they know Stoudemire will not resign with them, that's the only reason I can think of.  Plus, they're not giving up Wright and Curry in this deal, which they are rumored to have to do in order to get Amare.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Thus, they are the least likely to do this.  If they know Stoudemire will not resign with them, that's the only reason I can think of.  Plus, they're not giving up Wright and Curry in this deal, which they are rumored to have to do in order to get Amare.

Yeah, they might agree to this if they feel it's impossible for them to get Amare without giving up Curry.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
Also, I have a feeling Minnesota might be able to do better than Perkins and Richardson for Rubio (not sure, though), but even if they couldn't, they probably wouldn't mind just leaving Rubio overseas for a couple years and letting his trade value improve with age like fine wine.

They don't need to be good now, so I don't see them trading a potential star prospect whose value will only increase in the next couple of years for an admittedly valuable young defensive center and a decent SG in his late twenties.

Well...this seems logical to keep him overseas, but that means that no one will come see them play for the next two years.  Richardson can and will score, which they desperately need.  In this economy, we all know that most teams aren't really in a position to have their teams be so awful that no one shows up for their games.  Plus, we saw with Yi two years ago, teams often don't want to deal with the headache of a guy who just doesn't want to play for them, so they just deal them away.  Good points though...

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline passedpawn

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 3
i love the min and bos frontcourts in this trade. id be in the garden for that night.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
One thing about this trade is I feel like our team would have to shift to being a much more up-tempo team...I'm not totally optimistic about how that might affect our defense.

I feel like either we'd stick with our heavy commitment to defense and slower pace and not get the most out of the players we just acquired (all of whom have played for up-tempo teams for a while) or else we'd play up-tempo but not have as good defense as before.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78

Golden State gets screwed in this deal. They'd be better off keeping Bierdens.