Poll

Who will make the Celtics roster in 2010?

Pruitt
2 (4.9%)
Hudson
23 (56.1%)
Both
7 (17.1%)
Neither
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Pruitt vs Hudson  (Read 6718 times)

Pruitt vs Hudson
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Pruitt is taller but Hudson is a more accomplished scorer. They are both possibilities as backup minutes guys for Rondo.  Who has the best chance of improving the Celtics Roster?  Pruitt has never lived up to his promise yet and he has shown some signs of immaturity.  Hudson meanwhile is more of a natural 2-guard however he did dish out a decent amount of assists.  But make no mistake, he is a score-first guard.  Then again, considering how reluctant Rondo is to shoot the ball, Hudson might make a better complement than Pruitt.  Thoughts?

Re: Pruitt vs Hudson
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Well, I've never had the opportunity to see Hudson play. But after seeing the way Pruitt played last season, I'm leaning towards Hudson.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I was pulling for Hudson with #58, but that said I doubt he makes the roster.  Same goes for Pruitt.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hudson can only make it if he has a strong showing in the summer leagues. He doesn't have to score 30 but needs to make little mistakes, execute plays, work hard and translate learning into action.

Pruitt has done these things above thats why he got a chance last year as a backup pg, the problem was that he didn't stand out and looked overwhelmed by pressure. (sometimes you just have to shoot, score in contact, put your body on the line)

Hudson to me is a different type of basketball player than pruitt. Like danny stated he likes to bump, doesn't shy from contact, has to the body to withstand abuse and from what we have seen on youtube can and will score even if a hand in his face.

He will make the team imo and pruitt will go to europe or something

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:56 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
BTW Hudson was second in scoring to none other than Stephen Curry.
I'm not saying he's as good as Curry obviously, but dude knows how to score lots of points.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
alot. And his fg wasn't a joke but at a very respectable clip at 44 percent overall. His 3 point shooting something like 35 percent which is decent. I mean stephen curry who is supposedly the best shooter in the draft only shot 38 percent from the 3 point line last season.

Whats even more promising is that some of hudsons best performances were against top div 1 teams. He really had a team of crappy players and he carried them on his back literally

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
At best, Hudson sees the developmental league. Pruitt has shown flashes, but not likely to be a rotation guy either.   

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/players/1333825

on the right side there is a video on hudson

You can't say thats not impressive even if they are all highlight real types

Never saw a gabe pruitt mix as good, wait there is no gabe pruitt mix period

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'd go with Hudson. I would keep both just because I like to have assets we can use in trades.

What I would really like is to have a taller player than House getting his minutes.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
according to ainge, this summer is the "make it or leave" moment for pruitt. either pruitt steps up and proves he belongs in the nba or he gets cut.

makes sense. pruitt has had 2 years in the league to learn and improve. if he doesnt show improvement, real improvement, ainge is will to take a change with someone else.

hudson looks like a player that is worth a 1-2 gamble. on the celtics roster they seem to keep 3 spaces for "youngsters" or development players, which is smart and allows the team to gamble on players.

hudson's shooting ability will warrent him a long look by ainge. maybe he can show that he can eventually come off the bench for 15 minutes and score 8-9 points in a hurry. it never hurts to have someone who can provide quick points off the bench.

if pruitt doesnt show an agressive, close to mean streak, i expect him to be gone.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 07:52:58 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I get the feeling the Celtics organization feels differently, but I'm fine with House as the backup point. Yeah, we know he's not the best, and he's a much better scorer off the ball. But we won a championship with him playing there, he has done it all before, and he is still an offensive threat playing point. The notion that Eddie stinks when running the offense is, in my opinion, a bunch of bunk. We've tried the Cassell experiment, we've tried the Marbuy experiment, and both were disasters. You can try and downplay their nauseating play if you want, but, the truth of is, they stunk. I know it. My neighbor knows it. And Fred down the block knows it.

I'm not saying PG is not an important position,  because it is. I just think Eddie is good enough in our situation. So let's rid ourselves of Gabe, Hudson, and Marbury. We should be focusing on wings and bigs. Point Guard, as we have seen in the past, is a position that can be filled with Eddie. I see no point in burning possible MLE money on a point or playing unknown and unproven players when we have our guy.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Pruitt cut.

Hudson allowed to go overseas to get experience against better talent.

Roster space used for a player that can help the Celtics this season.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I get the feeling the Celtics organization feels differently, but I'm fine with House as the backup point. Yeah, we know he's not the best, and he's a much better scorer off the ball. But we won a championship with him playing there, he has done it all before, and he is still an offensive threat playing point. The notion that Eddie stinks when running the offense is, in my opinion, a bunch of bunk. We've tried the Cassell experiment, we've tried the Marbuy experiment, and both were disasters. You can try and downplay their nauseating play if you want, but, the truth of is, they stunk. I know it. My neighbor knows it. And Fred down the block knows it.

I'm not saying PG is not an important position,  because it is. I just think Eddie is good enough in our situation. So let's rid ourselves of Gabe, Hudson, and Marbury. We should be focusing on wings and bigs. Point Guard, as we have seen in the past, is a position that can be filled with Eddie. I see no point in burning possible MLE money on a point or playing unknown and unproven players when we have our guy.

I do agree. House is a decent PG. If Hudson shows any sign of greatness, he could be the steal of the decade. If not House will do fine. Rondo will be a 40 minute man this year, so it won't matter much. We can still find 3rd string PG in the D-league.

This teams desperately needs scorers more than a Point Guards. Hudson can put the ball in the basket. If he is a joke, we can roll with House. Our bench needs an overhaul, point guard isn't one of them.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

1) Andre MIller
2) Casell was the backup pg and he did it fine during playoff run.
3) we need a backup C indeed

4) the one who sill survive is the one that deffend better
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Honestly, I don't really care all that much.  I guess probably Hudson at this point, because I don't think Pruitt has much more upside than being a backup PG at best.  Maybe Hudson can be more. I don't know.

Either way, I expect Rondo to play 35+ mpg this season, with House taking the sparse leftover minutes.  Who the third stringer won't matter all that much.  If Rondo goes down, we're screwed; if House goes down, we can survive 10 mpg with Hudson or Pruitt running things.