Author Topic: Some Celtics 2nd Round Draft Targets  (Read 1578 times)

Some Celtics 2nd Round Draft Targets
« on: June 25, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
With everyone focusing on potential trades, I thought I'd take a quick look at what the Celtics could do with the only pick they actually own, at #58.

Courtesy of Celtics.com:

One player whose name was tossed in Ainge's direction was Jeff Adrien, a 6-foot-6 forward out of Connecticut. Coincidentally, Adrien was downstairs in the practice facility preparing for a six-player workout that was to begin following Ainge's press conference.

Slava Kravstov (C, Ukraine), Robert Dozier (PF, Memphis), Aaron Jackson (PG, Duquesne), Bryan Mullins (PG, Southern Illinois) and Geoff McDermott (SF, Providence) were slated to participate in the workout alongside Adrien.

Adrien could very well be there at 58... undersized power forward with intriguing potential as a defensive power 3, just a tough effort guy.

Kravstov is an agressive but extremely raw physical specimen.

Dozier is one of my favorite players in this years draft.  At 6-10, he has great length, can play the 3 well, has an improving offensive game, and is a tremendous defender, great shot blocker and on ball.  I think he could be quite a role player, especially if he continues to work on his shooting.

Don't know much about Aaron Jackson.

Bryan Mullins looks like a good defensive point who could become a decent role player.

McDermott is another 3/4 who isn't the most gifted athletically, but makes up for it with quickness and toughness.

Re: Some Celtics 2nd Round Draft Targets
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
You know I'm starting to get on the Adrien bandwagon a little bit more.  Now that's contingent on a few things.  However, if Baby walks and the C's signed someone who could really backup Perk (like McDyess), Adrien at the very least might be a good stopgap at the backup PF spot until Powe gets back. 

But I don't think I'd go after him unless I was utterly convinced he was far and away the best talent available at 58 if Baby and Powe are going to be on the roster next year.  We don't really need 3 undersized power forwards on our roster.