Author Topic: Jeff Adrien  (Read 3406 times)

Jeff Adrien
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
I grew up in Brookline and played high school basketball with Jeff Adrien at Brookline High. I think he would make a solid pick at 58, he's way undersized but strong as a bull and has a tenacious and intense demeanor on the court. The Celtics worked him out recently so hopefully he will fall to us. Another possibility would be Dante Cunningham of Villanova. Either of those guys could step in and fill the role of Leon Powe whose future is questionable given the injuries he has sustained.

Updated with link:
http://multimedia.boston.com/m/23177376/jeff-adrien-works-out-for-celtics.htm?pageid=25243
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:13:37 PM by Silent Storm »
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

Re: Jeff Adrien
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »

Offline dorschrm

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
If we stay where we are in the draft, my prediction is certainly Danny taking Adrien.

Danny loves his undersized power forwards with an agressive demeanor and good work ethic, Adrien certainly fits that model.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
He's only 6' 6" though. If he was 6'9" I'd love him.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
yeah 6'6'', but his wingspan is 7'2''  :o

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Dear lord, not another undersized and overweight PF
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Adrien has the potential to be a solid NBA rotation player.  That's all you can ask of a #58 pick.

IMHO Adrien will be gone before the Celtics pick.  Good kid, intelligent, always comes to play, well-coached by Jim Calhoun.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:42:24 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
He's only 6' 6" though. If he was 6'9" I'd love him.

Yeah agreed.  Big on Adrien but didn't realize he was only 6'6"...i don't think you can make that pick even at 58.

Although we already drafted a few SFs, i really like that kid Dionte Christmas from Temple.  I think he's projected in the 30's - 40's, he should be a solid pick for anyone that grabs him in round 2.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I grew up in Brookline and played high school basketball with Jeff Adrien at Brookline High. I think he would make a solid pick at 58, he's way undersized but strong as a bull and has a tenacious and intense demeanor on the court. The Celtics worked him out recently so hopefully he will fall to us. Another possibility would be Dante Cunningham of Villanova. Either of those guys could step in and fill the role of Leon Powe whose future is questionable given the injuries he has sustained.

The problem, of course, is that if Glen Davis stays, do we really need another 6-6 PF to go along with Powe and Davis? 

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
I love Adrien.  If the Celtics already didn't have two undersized PFs, I think they should take him.  He'll get drafted somewhere and be a solid performer.

Because I follow UConn pretty closely, I can dispel a few things in this thread.

First, Adrien was listed as 6'7" in college.  He measured 6'6" in socks and 6'7" in shoes at the combine.  His height was never a surprise.  And as someone mentioned, he has a huge wingspan and is super strong.

Second, I certainly wouldn't call him overweight.  Have you seen a picture of him? 

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78

The problem, of course, is that if Glen Davis stays, do we really need another 6-6 PF to go along with Powe and Davis? 

Flawed logic.  The draft is about grabbing NBA talent, regardless of position and current roster construction. If Adrien is on the C's board when they pick as the highest rated talent, they will grab him.  Their ratings may be wrong, but they won't take someone lower on their board to avoid any roster logjams.  Talent can always be moved, Danny has shown an uncanny ability in picking pros with his picks, meaning, guys who can play in the league.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
If Bob Cousy had gone through one of today's draft combines, no one would have taken him.  Too short, too slow, couldn't jump.

If Adrien can play, he will find a place in the league.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
yeah 6'6'', but his wingspan is 7'2''  :o

Yep, he's behind only a handful of players, among the top 5 longest wingspans in the entire draft.

If he's there at #58, Ainge had better take him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I would really love if Adrien was drafted by the Celtics at #58.  Unfortunately there is no way he lasts that long and he is going on the mid 40's of the draft.  He was an all-conference player 4yr starter at a top 10 program, with no injury history.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

If Powe were healthy and both him and Davis were on multi year contracts it would be one thing, but we're only going to get Powe for half a year at best, and Davis might leave altogether.  Drafting Adrien probably would give the C's more leverage with re-signing Davis, because then they have a replacement for him.  If they have no one else besides Powe on the roster it gives Davis alot more leverage. Plus it never hearts to have too many low post players who hustle, play hard, and like to bang.

I would really love if Adrien was drafted by the Celtics at #58.  Unfortunately there is no way he lasts that long and he is going on the mid 40's of the draft.  He was an all-conference player 4yr starter at a top 10 program, with no injury history.

You really think so?  Draft Express doesn't have Adrien on their board, although NBADraft.net has him going 41.  Most of the other random mock drafts I've seen don't have Adrien on their board either.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class