Author Topic: Ray Allen To Clippers  (Read 2498 times)

Ray Allen To Clippers
« on: June 24, 2009, 05:56:58 AM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Hey guys what you think about send Ray Allen to the Clippers for Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon. Eric Gordon will become Ray Allen replacement right now, he has really bright future and he's very talented, Chris Kaman is really good center and we will have no more problem on center with KG, Perk, Kaman. And one more important thing is that we get younger with Gordon and Kaman. For the Clippers make sense also, because they try hard to move Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby to make a spot for Blake Griffin. They already offer Chris Kaman to the T'Wolves for Mike Miller (well we know now that is not going to happen). So they get rid of Kaman just like they want and they also get Ray Allen in return to shoot for someting bigger right now, not in the future, because Clipper fans are yelling for something to happen.

Just post what do you think for that, is there any reason for us to do what I propose

Re: Ray Allen To Clippers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:20:17 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I actually thought of this exact trade yesterday except im convinced that the Clips wont give up Gordon. So instead we get Al Thornton

However it still doesn't work on the trade checker, the only trade that works on the trade checker is

Ray Allen for Gordon, kaman and Ricky Davis. I don't see the clips trading gordon however

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I liked Gordon in college, think he was overlooked in the draft and is going to be a solid SG. That being said, neither Perk or Kaman are going to want to come off the bench and you are downgrading big time defensively at SG. Therefore, this trade would not optimize the few years of KG & Truth the C's have left and should not be executed.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:12:33 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
If we could get Camby back somehow and we could convince them to cut Ray I would love it.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
If someone like Antonio McDyess is really a viable possibility for us on the FA market, I don't see why Ainge would ponder this trade for even half a second.  If the C's are really going to use the MLE to get a backup at the 4/5, then a lot of these deals that involve us getting a 4/5 in return really lose their value.  For instance, if we land Dice, Kaman doesn't matter all that much, and all we then have is a downgrade at the 2 spot. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:50:49 AM by Jon »

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The players I really want from the Clippers are Baron Davis, and Camby.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »

Offline VPofCommonSense

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I would say the clips would do this deal if we took Camby and not Kaman.  I think they like Kaman and to be honest... I'd be happy with Gordon and Camby.

Camby is a veteran and wants a championship.  he'd be willing to come off the Celtics bench and would be fantastic in that role.  The clips would be rock solid after this trade too;

Bdavis
Ray
Thorton
Griffin
Kaman

I say they'd do this deal.  In fact, I'd even consider taking randolph.  I said it before and I'll say it again, the only reason to trade Ray is if we get a good, young replacement two guard for him.  The deal makes sense for both teams.