Author Topic: Further Report From Chad Ford  (Read 5948 times)

Re: Further Report From Chad Ford
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
the only thing that gives me concern about the "attitude" issue is that attitude is the problem Tubby Smith had w/ Rondo as well.  On the other hand, attitude has a way of evaporating with age.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
In reading the scouting reports on Rubio, he sounds like a 21st Century Ernie DeGregorio. For you old timers, you know what I'm talking about. Brilliant offensive PG - but terrible on defense. We need another defensive stopper to back up Ernie DeRubio.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In reading the scouting reports on Rubio, he sounds like a 21st Century Ernie DeGregorio. For you old timers, you know what I'm talking about. Brilliant offensive PG - but terrible on defense. We need another defensive stopper to back up Ernie DeRubio.
Was Pistol Pete any good on defense?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

A modern day Ernie D (or Pistol Pete) without the shooting?

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 01:39:33 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

The scouts say the opposite.
His defense is allegedly more NBA ready than his offense. He`s over 6'4'' and won the defensive player of the year award in the spanish league.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Pistol Pete?  I keep hearing this I guess it's because he threw some behind the back passes on youtube.. in the spanish league.  No where near the same in athletic ability.  I threw a behind the back pass the other day and people didn't call me pistol pete. : (
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm more persuaded by what several league sources told me about Doc Rivers' relationship with Rondo. They say Rivers has told them that Rondo is "impossible to coach" and "stubborn." The worry is that if the Celtics give him a big contract extension next year, he'll be even more unmanageable in the future.

This is quite worrying. If it is true (no reason to believe it isn't) then I think Danny is doing a good job trying to find a destination for Rajon. I guess we are looking to trade Rondo for attitude (+ contract extension worry) and Ray for strictly financial decisions.

Wouldn't House or Marbury have gotten more run if this were the case? I can remember, in his first or 2nd year, Doc pulling Pierce our of a game because he wasn't doing what Doc wanted. Now he's going to just let a young pg run wild?