Author Topic: Rondo/R. Allen being shopped until gone?  (Read 2982 times)

Rondo/R. Allen being shopped until gone?
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny i think has given up on Rondo in regards to valuing him as a franchise type player and knows rather to lose him for nothing after next year to trade him with r. allen who won't be given a contract extension to help prepare the celtics team for another title run in addition to preparing for the long term

Danny's dilemma with Rondo is that he will ask for 70 million dollar type contract but won't be including a jump shot for the deal and that makes danny nervous. Without the big three eventually and teams around the league daring rondo to drive in to make a shot all the time , Rondo will become an ineffective player and not worth the 70 million dollars(10 million per season).

I love rondo and still blindly hopeful he can get a jumper working at all times but i can understand dannys position

Even with Rondo and R. Allen i don't think he feels confident in the FA agent market this year, has no 1st round draft pick to add depth to the bench to make a proper run.

The trade with the pistons(getting back stuckey, hamilton, prince) would been a good one if it happened.

Washington i thought could have used rondo/allen with us getting the 5th pick back(plus other key players) but minny beat us to it.

Some other teams danny will contact and offer rondo/allen will be to imo

Memphis for mainly the #2 pick (rubio) and other role players
- Rubio's contract matters are not favourable though

Minnesota for Al Jefferson and the 18th pick (Eric Maynor).
- Could happen especially if minny drafts Thabeet. Maynor would have to be the 18th pick though.

Re: Rondo/R. Allen being shopped until gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
What's the C's backcourt then?  Why would Minny make that trade?

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Hey, I love Big Al, but he's just coming off a major injury and we already have an amazing starting front court.  We just need a decent backup center and to keep BBD and we'll be just fine. 

No reason to trade away our backcourt to get a guy like Amare or Big Al.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
You can't say that getting back Jefferson and 18th pick(maynor/lawson) would be a bad trade. Jefferson will be back to 100 percent and with him, perk and kg that would give us the best front court trio in the league. Plus when kg leaves that leaves us with perk/jefferson just how we always wanted

I love ray allen but there are abudance sg in the fa market right now that can take his place  minus his heriocs/streaky 3 point shooting

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
You can't say that getting back Jefferson and 18th pick(maynor/lawson) would be a bad trade. Jefferson will be back to 100 percent and with him, perk and kg that would give us the best front court trio in the league. Plus when kg leaves that leaves us with perk/jefferson just how we always wanted

I love ray allen but there are abudance sg in the fa market right now that can take his place  minus his heriocs/streaky 3 point shooting

We'd have 3 starting PF / C, no starting SG, and a questionable rookie PG.  How does that make sense?  Just because KG / Perk / Big Al sounds good on paper and having Perk + Big Al as a future frontcourt would be awesome doesn't mean the trade makes sense now.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Ainge has surely not "given up on Rondo." he can be a franchise player, we have seen him develop significantly each year and we don't really truly know how good/great he can be, no one does. I don't know what you define as a "franchise Player" but in 2-3 years when Ray, Pierce, and KG are gone or about to be gone, Rondo and Perk will be there as the core and Rondo will be in my mind a star by then. A PG, especially like him is so hard to come by and what he has accomplished is pretty impressive. Overrated?...maybe from the playoffs with no KG and other injuries inflating his points, but he has a unique set of skills that you only come across once in a long time. If he can average 15-20 PPG, 5-7 RPG, and 8-10 APG, with the aforementioned skills such as steals, running the break, aggressiveness, IQ, etc. i think he is the franchise player. Sure the jumpshot needs work, but lets see what this kid is made of and see if he can do it over the summer into next year.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Rondo's inability to hit the jumper hurts him more than you think. With the defensive team expecting him to drive he has a hard time making shots while penetrating(we all saw him miss floaters left and right against the magic). In addition this gets him frustrated and some other part of his game gets affected

He is no doubt a special player but i don't think danny wants to gamble 70 million dollars on him(yet someone will)

so his only choice it seems is to trade him with r. allen(who is grumpy since he knows he won't get an extension) for some good players in return.

Having a great team without a great backcourt is possible. I rather have such a team than to have a team with a great backcourt but nothing much up front. Don't forget the 80's celtics team who mainly relied on the front court trio of bird, parish and mchale to help them win

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 12:21:59 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo's inability to hit the jumper hurts him more than you think. With the defensive team expecting him to drive he has a hard time making shots while penetrating(we all saw him miss floaters left and right against the magic). In addition this gets him frustrated and some other part of his game gets affected

He is no doubt a special player but i don't think danny wants to gamble 70 million dollars on him(yet someone will)

so his only choice it seems is to trade him with r. allen(who is grumpy since he knows he won't get an extension) for some good players in return.

Having a great team without a great backcourt is possible. I rather have such a team than to have a team with a great backcourt but nothing much up front. Don't forget the 80's celtics team who mainly relied on the front court trio of bird, parish and mchale to help them win

Ainge and DJ would be one of the better backcourts in the league right now.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Ainge and DJ would be one of the better backcourts in the league right now.

TP, that's a ridiculous statement. The 80's celtic teams had great guard play.

Yes, there biggest star players were front court players, but their back court was solid as hell.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Danny is exploring what he can get.  Since it wasn't him making the "offer" to Detroit, I view that rumor as false.

This is an interesting time of the year. 95% of the information you receive is BS.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:35:44 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Danny is exploring what he can get.  Since it wasn't him making the "offer" to Detroit, I view that rumor as false.

This is an interesting time of the year. 95% of the information you receive is BS.

The rumor was also that Prince, Stuckey and Rip were part of a package for Ray and Rajon. Sounds like Danny wanted more. The salaries match so he was probably looking for draft picks as well.