Author Topic: Ridnour & #10 for Scal, Pruitt & Giddens  (Read 2468 times)

Ridnour & #10 for Scal, Pruitt & Giddens
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
MIL continues to look for ways to cut salary in order to sign CV and Sessions and remain under the luxury tax. This deal saves then about $4mil this year (difference in salaries including the amount to the 10th pick). They can also drop Pruitt if they choose to save a little more money.

Boston picks up a legit back up PG to run the 2nd unit, plus Terrence Williams -- a guy I think has the potential to be one of the top three or four guys in the draft. If the Cs need to, they could include some cash in the deal.

Thoughts?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Ridnour & #10 for Scal, Pruitt & Giddens
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
MIL continues to look for ways to cut salary in order to sign CV and Sessions and remain under the luxury tax. This deal saves then about $4mil this year (difference in salaries including the amount to the 10th pick). They can also drop Pruitt if they choose to save a little more money.

Boston picks up a legit back up PG to run the 2nd unit, plus Terrence Williams -- a guy I think has the potential to be one of the top three or four guys in the draft. If the Cs need to, they could include some cash in the deal.

Thoughts?

This is really lopsided in the Cs favor.  MIL might bite at the deal if the #10 is not included, but otherwise... no way.  Ridnour only has one year after this one...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Thoughts?

This is really lopsided in the Cs favor.  MIL might bite at the deal if the #10 is not included, but otherwise... no way.  Ridnour only has one year after this one...

So is Jefferson for junk: essentially -- the 6th pick two years ago for non-guaranteed deals. They're looking for any way to stay under the luxury tax and signed their two best young players. Ridnour is highly overpaid. no chance they don't want to save 4mil this year and 6 next to put towards Villenueva and Sessions in a weak draft?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Ridnour is an expiring contract.  How does that work now?

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:00:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Milwaukee have already saved enough money. They're in the clear now.

Also, they're not giving up a lottery pick for such minimal savings.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Ridnour cannot guard a chair. I am pretty sure Greg Anthony said that when he was drafted!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
id love to have ridnoir as a backup pg!

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350