Author Topic: Celtics Bloggers. Give me Your top 5 players from the Draft.  (Read 11317 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That you Feel Would help the Celts. Now, and for the Future.

You know what make it Top 8 to 10. I really like Thabeet, Harden, Evans, Derozan He looks amazing. The only thing I don't like about him is that Chris Wallace Loves Him.

Terrance Williams, and Earl Clark who I love, besides his Turnover Problem. 6'8" and a half without shoes. Dribble's well, shoots it, rebounds really well. Great Passer. Nice Prospect.

Those are the guys I'm high on. Blake for sure. But no way we get him. So who do you like.

Re: Celtics Bloggers. Give me Your top 5 players from the Draft.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Again, please post in the proper forums.  We have a draft forum for threads like this.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:16:44 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Blake Griffin and Jonny Flynn are the only two players I like in this draft. 

The rest seem like career bench players.  Ainge is right, this is a weak draft.  I hope he's right, and it is a boring night for Celts fans.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

That you Feel Would help the Celts. Now, and for the Future.

You know what make it Top 8 to 10. I really like Thabeet, Harden, Evans, Derozan He looks amazing. The only thing I don't like about him is that Chris Wallace Loves Him.

Terrance Williams, and Earl Clark who I love, besides his Turnover Problem. 6'8" and a half without shoes. Dribble's well, shoots it, rebounds really well. Great Passer. Nice Prospect.

Those are the guys I'm high on. Blake for sure. But no way we get him. So who do you like.
1. Griffin
2. Rubio
3. Thabeet
4. Harden
5. Blair
6. Ty Lawson
7. Sam Young
8. Flynn
9. Curry
10. Evans

My favorite players in no particular order.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:33:54 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Griffin at Number #1
Thabeet#2
Harden#3
Flynn#4
Curry#5

Rubio isnt ready
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think the five players that will show the most value and give the best return based on where they will be drafted are:

Blake Griffin
Hasheem Thabeet
James Harden
Wayne Ellington
Josh Heytvelt

I'm not saying Ellington and Heytvelt will be stars, just that they will eventually be worth more than where they will be drafted.

Other than those guys and maybe Stephen Curry, there's very little in this draft as far as I am concerned.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
What about Hansborough?  Where do people project him to be?

I really hated him in college being a BC fan, but I gotta think hes gonna end up better the Leon Powe, thats gotta be worth something. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Stephon Curry
Jordan Hill
Terrence Williams (the wildcard)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Blake Griffin and Jonny Flynn are the only two players I like in this draft. 

The rest seem like career bench players.  Ainge is right, this is a weak draft.  I hope he's right, and it is a boring night for Celts fans.

Yeah i'm a big fan of johnny flynn, too.  he has a swagger about him that you need in the NBA but still maintains that point guard mentality.  his ball handling and speed will allow him to be an immediate contributor for any team thats interested.

I know a lot of experts say this draft is real weak, but it seems like there are 5 to 6 real solid options at point guard in the first round.  Apparently Patty Mills may slip to the second round....you gotta think that a few teams would be clamoring to scoop him up if he free falls for a while.  For second-round money he would be the definition of low risk - high reward based on his level of play in the Olympics and when healthy at St. Marys.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
at this point I feel like the Top 7 is firmly set. Not the order so much as the players.

here's my guess (Top 7):

1. Griffin
2. Rubio (someone trading up)
3. Harden
4. Thabeet (someone trading up)
5. Curry (someone trading up)
6. Evans
7. Hill

Basically once someone trades up to #2 (MEM) to get Rubio, SAC (#4) and WASH (#5) are going to bail and trade their picks to teams that wants Thabeet and Curry.

that's how i see it going down.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
by the way, that is worst case scenario for NYK. so I would expect them to be one of the teams moving up to #4 or #5 (to get Curry) or #2 (to get Rubio).

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Since im a huge draft nerd ill do my top 20 players, not where they will be drafted. I think the draft is better than some think, far from great but there are alot of solid players. I think Griffin/Harden/Rubio/Flynn/Evans/Jennings can be all star type of players, after that alot of solid players and quite a few of them can contribute right away.

1.)Blake Griffin (A slightly better version of McDyess before blowing out his knees, [dang] good player)
2.)James Harden (Can shoot, pass, rebound, defend, and is way more athletic than given credit for, can be a VERY good player IMO)
3.)Ricky Rubio (Will be a very good defender right away and a floor general soon after)
4.)Johnny Flynn (I think he will be a great floor general and leader almost immediately, he just knows how to play.)
5.)Tyreke Evans (I love his upside, he can take over games on offense and should be a lockdown defender eventually)
6.)Brandon Jennings (I love his tools and i think he has the right attitude to be a top pg.)
7.)Jordan Hill (Think he would be perfect for the Grizz if they trade down 4 or 5 spots)
8.)Hasheem Thabeet (A slightly better Sameul Dalembert, good player but not great)
9.)Terrence Williams (I LOVE T-Will, think he can be a VERY good all around player)
10.)Earl Clark ( Can do everything but is a bit raw, i like the Diaw comparisons)
11.)Steph Curry(Gets either overrated or underrated, i see Bobby Jackson with him)
12.)Sam Young (Not much upside but will be able to contribute right away, VERY good role player)
13.)Jrue Holiday (This is an upside pick but if it works out i think he can be a good player.)
14.)Wayne Ellington (I think he will be a steal if he falls past 20, great shooter and he can come in right away and help a team, like Courtney Lee did)
15.)Gerald Henderson (Before this season i didnt really like him, now i think he can be an effective starting sg who brings alot of energy and very good defense)
16.)Ty Lawson ( I like him as a great backup pg, a better version of Brevin Knight)
17.)Austin Daye (Huge wingspan and big upside, needs to add 30+ pounds but eventually can be a good player)
18.)Bj Mullens (Good upside, a few years away but can be a pretty good center)
19.)Danny Green (Like Ellington, can shoot and play defense, will be able to play right away)
20.)Demar Derozen (I think he will be a bust for where he gets picked, but will be a solid player overall)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:50:15 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Griffin
Harden
Thabeet
Evans
Hill

My sleeper pick is Terrence Williams

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 03:47:46 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
1. Griffin
2. Rubio
3. Jonny Flynn
4. Thrabeet

There is no #5 because there is no one else in this draft who could make the Celtics' roster, and I have serious questions about Thrabeet, who will likely need at least a year in the D-league.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
1. Griffin
2. Rubio
3. Jonny Flynn
4. Thrabeet

There is no #5 because there is no one else in this draft who could make the Celtics' roster, and I have serious questions about Thrabeet, who will likely need at least a year in the D-league.

You don't see Harden making this team? and also, from what I read, Rubio isnt ready to play in this league.