Author Topic: Fun with the trade machine - BOS/TOR/POR/LAC  (Read 2187 times)

Fun with the trade machine - BOS/TOR/POR/LAC
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I am very sorry to disturb your day with something as profane as a (ugh) trade idea, but I was playing with the trade machine, and was wondering what others think about this scenario. I know there`s zero chance that this would happen.

I am simply combining several rumors here.

Toronto

Outgoing:
C. Bosh

Incoming:
Clippers` 2009 pick (#1)
C. Kaman
J. Bayless

If Toronto is willing to move Bosh because of his contract situation, what better package than Griffin, a young prospect like Bayless and a good contract in Chris Kaman could be out there?

Portland

Outgoing:
L. Aldridge
J. Przybilla
R. Fernandez
J. Bayless
T. Outlaw

Incoming:
C. Bosh

They get Chris Bosh for Aldridge and a bunch of bench players. Pritchard can say what he wants about how much he values the players on his team, but if you can pair Roy and Bosh on a highly talented Portland team, you pull the trigger and ask questions later.

LA Clippers

Outgoing:
B. Davis
C. Kaman
2009 #1

Incoming:
R. Allen
R. Rondo
L. Aldridge

They get rid of Davis and Kaman, which I`ve heard is essential in trade talks involving the #1 pick, for a package of Rondo and Aldridge, plus Ray to tutor Eric Gordon and provide leadership to a then exciting, young Clippers team.

Boston

Outgoing:
R. Allen
R. Rondo

Incoming:
J. Przybilla
R. Fernandez
T. Outlaw
B. Davis
Portland #24
Portland #32

The Boston Celtics fill every hole and still have the MLE to spend, if they`d wish to do so. Davis has a horrible contract, but he can still contribute when healthy (and who else would take that albatross if not a team in complete "win now" mode?), Przybilla is a great backup Center, Outlaw an athletic backup for Pierce, and Fernandez would be an excellent starter for us, imo. #24 and #32 to round out our bench. This gives us a contender now and extends our window of opportunity.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlrq5l

Wait, before you judge me, watch this clip and think "trade idea", whenever you hear "monorail".  :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xGtjhZ_Yg
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Re: Fun with the trade machine - BOS/TOR/POR/LAC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
as huge, unrealistic trades go  ;) it's not that bad.

I think LAC could get more though trading those pieces individually, and I think BOS is getting more than giving, not that that bothers me  ;D

TOR would be better off dealing directly with LAC or POR if this is the direction they want to go in w/ Bosh
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »

Offline VPofCommonSense

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
TP Great trade, very creative.

So many moving parts though.  I think the celtics would be great with b-diddy for Rondo (remember how good his defense was with GSW when he had a reason to give effort), and Rudy & Outlaw for Ray.  The one issue with this is that Kevin Pritchard has been known to vastly overestimate the worth of the players he drafts.  So I could see him being the downfall of this potentially great trade.

AND I don't think the blazers should have to give up pryzbilla as he's their starter.  Oden blows.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
Thanks for your replies.

as huge, unrealistic trades go  ;) it's not that bad.

I think LAC could get more though trading those pieces individually, and I think BOS is getting more than giving, not that that bothers me  ;D

TOR would be better off dealing directly with LAC or POR if this is the direction they want to go in w/ Bosh

Yeah, more players to choose from = easier to balance.
Noone wants Davis` contract, and the Clippers allegedly made it a dealbreaker for the #1 if he`s not involved, so Toronto needs someone to take his huge contract. Rondo is also a big incentive for the Clippers to do this deal, imo.

The one issue with this is that Kevin Pritchard has been known to vastly overestimate the worth of the players he drafts.  So I could see him being the downfall of this potentially great trade.

AND I don't think the blazers should have to give up pryzbilla as he's their starter.  Oden blows.

I think Pritchard is just hyping his players up for exactly such a trade. I mean, it`s basically Aldridge, Przybilla and Fernandez + players they want to get rid of for Chris Bosh, he can`t be that foolish to turn this offer down.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I think you have way too much time on your hands, Casperian. Nice all-around deal but I think Portland is giving up one heckuva a lot to get Bosh. Still, Bosh is a cornerstone piece for a franchise. Can Oden reach his potential or will injuries get in the way like they always do for Portland Centers.

Clippers do very well in that deal. They would pass a bunch of teams in the standings. The only question mark would be Rondo himself. Can he adjust to a new environment?

Boston gets very deep every where except at PG where Rudy Fernandez may have back up Davis and start when Davis gets injured. I love Travis Outlaw and Przbilla is a very capable Center in this league. He might even start over Kendrick Perkins. Still, I think the Starting Lineup is downgraded without Rondo and RA but the bench definitely gets stronger. I have my doubts about bringing home 18 with this new line-up.

Toronto gets a great player in Blake Griffen plus a serviceable Center and a young Combo guard talent.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
I think you have way too much time on your hands, Casperian...

Haha, yeah, I do.
But I`m young, healthy amd good-looking.  8)  :P

After the finals, I said to myself: "No basketball until the Draft", but the rumors keep coming...

3 down, 7 to go.