Author Topic: Something thats been bothering me about the blog. (Ads)  (Read 22881 times)

Re: Something thats been bothering me about the blog.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
same J, give in to firefox!
Actually now that you mention it the problem started when i switch over from firefox to internet explorer, because i was having trouble with firefox, is there a third option for pc?

Google Chrome  but it's very beta (and sends even more of your data to the Googlonian Empire relative to Firefox)

Pick your poison.

I use Google Chrome and I dont experience any annoying ads, or pop ups. As for google chrome sending your info to the "google empire", not if you know how to play around with the settings. The good thing about Chrome is that it's open source, so if you know how to program or mess with settings, its good to go. I have 0 problems with it, and theres less buttons, and WAYYY faster than IE or Firefox, or Safari.

Re: Something thats been bothering me about the blog. (Ads)
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Am I the only one getting a ton of "Gay Mature Dating" ads here? I wouldn't mind it if it appeared like once a week or something, but I get them just about everytime I go to the front page. This is for the banner ad and the one that appears below the first story.

I really wonder what I've been browsing that makes them think I'd be sooo interested in Gay Mature Dating lol.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Am I the only one getting a ton of "Gay Mature Dating" ads here? I wouldn't mind it if it appeared like once a week or something, but I get them just about everytime I go to the front page. This is for the banner ad and the one that appears below the first story.

I really wonder what I've been browsing that makes them think I'd be sooo interested in Gay Mature Dating lol.

hahahaha...yes.

If you get an ad that you don't like, post it. We email them to SBN and they take them outta rotation.

I have yet to see the "Find a Russian Wife" ad, but I hope I do someday.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

hahahaha...yes.

If you get an ad that you don't like, post it. We email them to SBN and they take them outta rotation.

I have yet to see the "Find a Russian Wife" ad, but I hope I do someday.

I'll screen cap them and post them.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:43:21 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
i have clicksor ads everywhere and every few words have a hyperlink in them anyone else get that?

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
i have clicksor ads everywhere and every few words have a hyperlink in them anyone else get that?

On the front page, the links bring you to player / team pages through SBN.  If you're seeing anything else, I don't think it's intentional through the site.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
I hope this is the right place to make a complaint like this. But the ads on this website have become more and more annoying. I know its SB Nation that choses these ads and theres little you guys can do about it. But the interactive ads if feel take it to far. I usually have multiple tabs open on my computer, and this is one of those sites I always have open. And theres nothing more annoying then listening to a good song, and have it be interupted by an ad that you can't locate.

I guess this is a complaint of the direction the internet is taking. Its just becoming alot less free and more commercial, and its innevitable, but it just bothers me.
agreed, I tried complaining about it and the Forum topic was immediately deleted.  Nice to see we are at least alowed to complain about SB still.

TP for your rebellious post.

"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
agreed, I tried complaining about it and the Forum topic was immediately deleted.  Nice to see we are at least alowed to complain about SB still.

I'm pretty sure this never happened.  Maybe your topic got merged or moved, but we don't delete complaints about the site.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

On the front page, the links bring you to player / team pages through SBN.  If you're seeing anything else, I don't think it's intentional through the site.

Never had a problem with clicksor myself in this site. Just the "Gay Mature Dating" ads lol.

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
i have  everywhere and every few words have a hyperlink in them anyone else get that?

Never had a problem with clicksor myself in this site. Just the " Mature " ads .
weird, it's on on celticsblog that I get it, and when I clicked a link to go to a new page on a thread or a new thread about 4 popups would come up but my computer said there was no virus problem the popups have stopped but the clicksor hasn't

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Here are the ads:

thanks for the screen captures - this makes them much easier to remove

I've requested that they get taken down (as I have for the russian women ads and other dating sites)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Here are the ads:

I've requested that they get taken down (as I have for the russian women ads and other dating sites)

I never complained about the blog's ads before but this one is just too much :

Hopefully it can be fixed! :o

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Here are the ads:

I never complained about the blog's ads before but this one is just too much :

Hopefully it can be fixed! :o

Ouch.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
A bit topic related, since this has more to do with the actual layout. I use IE 7, and the  banner ads are constantly overflowing onto the CB's menu. It's been like this as far as I can remember, but for some reason I haven't brough it up.

Any of you guys using IE 7 also have this problem? It's not for every ad, but most do. As far as I can tell, Firefox displays them correctly.

Here's an example:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3502/cbadoverflow.png