Author Topic: Ridiculous Kendrick Perkins  (Read 14336 times)

Re: Ridiculous Kendrick Perkins
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It looks completely rediculous and has 0 redeeming qualities.  And with as many people that complain about economy and unemployment one would think this type of stuff thing would be embarrassing for the ' teethie (er) '. But like has been mentioned previously to each his own.

Please hold the watch comparisons.
Time for KG to ditch the diamond earrings!

Considering we aren't talking about politicians or people who live in blue collar neighborhoods, I see no reason why they should adjust their purchases based on the unemployment rate.

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
How is he even doing anything to his body? All they do is mold your teeth and then make a gold fitting. It is just something you put in and take out of your mouth like an invisiline.

I get the feeling all but 3 people in this thread think these are implants lol.

I think plenty of people realize what they are.  We just think they look ridiculous.  But to each his own.

Then why are they even discussing it when it is just something he might sometime wear off the court at a party or something?

Honestly, who cares?

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Let a man buy whatever grill he wants. Maybe Perk will eventually put his grill up for auction on ebay

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070320&content_id=1852512&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

Offline KG

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • Don't tread on D
I hope he plays with the grill in that would be great.

He might be able to up his bpg by blinding opposing players with his glistening chompers!

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27
Perk looks like he's at the dentist in that picture.  ;D

To call it stupid is to say that every fashion is stupid.  It's just a fashion.  And fashions are just opinions.  And everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I don't particularly think that anyone else's opinion holds any less merit than my opinions. They're only opinions after all.

I have to say the opinion of those young folk who like to wear their pants around their knees is not a well thought out opinion, especially when such a youngster decides to commit a crime and has to high tail out of there!   :)

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I'm curious as to how you would brush your teeth with grills. Do you use jewelry polish or toothpaste?

The stupid rapper Lil' Wayne who's a complete sell out spent 300 K to get his teeth replaced with diamonds and said he still brushes...

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
How is he even doing anything to his body? All they do is mold your teeth and then make a gold fitting. It is just something you put in and take out of your mouth like an invisiline.

I think plenty of people realize what they are.  We just think they look ridiculous.  But to each his own.

Then why are they even discussing it when it is just something he might sometime wear off the court at a party or something?

Honestly, who cares?

Bored of discussing Rondo and Ray trades that will never happen?

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Grillz look kind of dumb but in certain social circles they'll make you really cool. I don't think Perk is trying to impress most of us here at Celticsblog. He's more interested in getting respect from his friends and the people he might party with.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Honestly, who cares?

Bored of discussing Rondo and Ray trades that will never happen?

TP because I agree.

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 05:56:19 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Well, IMO they're a dumb waste of money and stupid looking, but Perk has plenty to spend, so who cares?

I also think tattoos and piercings are ridiculous, but to each his own. Nothing wrong with a nicely done tramp stamp or strategic piercing.

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Well, I can't stop wondering if Perk even reads newspapers...

Don't get me wrong, he can spend his money the way he wants. But someone with this attitude at this moment is either dumb or lives in Mars. Maybe this kind of character develops in worldwide sports when kids like Brandon Jennings, Jeremy Tyler and Perk (drafted at 18) become rich before they become men.

Come on. This is the same franchise where Bill Russel played...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:44:30 AM by Global Celtic »

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

Don't get me wrong, he can spend his money the way he wants. But someone with this attitude at this moment is either dumb or lives in Mars. Maybe this kind of character develops in worldwide sports when kids like Brandon Jennings, Jeremy Tyler, Perk (drafted at 18) become rich before they become men.

I'm curious to see how you're able to discern Perk's attitude from his purchasing what basically amounts to a cosmetic accessory. I could care less what he spends his money on as long as he's still the same Perk on the court. Nothing from the article seems to suggest otherwise.

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
It looks completely rediculous and has 0 redeeming qualities.  And with as many people that complain about economy and unemployment one would think this type of stuff thing would be embarrassing for the ' teethie (er) '. But like has been mentioned previously to each his own.

Please hold the watch comparisons.
Time for KG to ditch the diamond earrings!

Considering we aren't talking about politicians or people who live in blue collar neighborhoods, I see no reason why they should adjust their purchases based on the unemployment rate.

good point very tacky.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2009, 11:39:48 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Don't get me wrong, he can spend his money the way he wants. But someone with this attitude at this moment is either dumb or lives in Mars. Maybe this kind of character develops in worldwide sports when kids like Brandon Jennings, Jeremy Tyler and Perk (drafted at 18) become rich before they become men.

because wasting money on exuberant purchases is a getto thing.

The rich business men who buy these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1

are clearly just trying to buy a car, it's not impractical at all.

just like rich people who buy:

http://www.luxois.com/article/2009/01/22/top-10-most-expensive-watches-in-2009

are excused because they are functional time pieces.

Rich people spend money on things we consider dumb and excessive because they can, this is not new, and certainly doesn't equate to some sort of character flaw on perk's part.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

because wasting money on exuberant purchases is a getto thing.

The rich business men who buy these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1

are clearly just trying to buy a car, it's not impractical at all.

just like rich people who buy:

http://www.luxois.com/article/2009/01/22/top-10-most-expensive-watches-in-2009

are excused because they are functional time pieces.

Rich people spend money on things we consider dumb and excessive because they can, this is not new, and certainly doesn't equate to some sort of character flaw on perk's part.

A McLaren F1 with a stripped down interior and a complete lack of sound deadening ampliying the orgasmic engine sounds at 7400 rpm is certainly not impractical. It's glorious. ;D