Author Topic: 10 Minute Rick Rubio Video  (Read 9778 times)

Re: 10 Minute Rick Rubio Video
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I was impressed by this video when it was up on celticsblog a couple weeks ago, but I was also impressed by a Sergio Rodriguez video a few years ago and I'm sure a Jason Williams video would be great too.  I believe you could make a great 10 minute Rondo video that also showed his fantastic court vision, drives, steals, etc, but the difference is it would be against NBA competition. There are questions whether Rubio has the speed and athleticism to succeed in the NBA. No such questions about Rondo. I'd be all for trading for Rubio if we didn't already have a proven young point guard with great court vision already.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:54 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Unfortunately we are on the outside looking in ona PG heavy draft with one of the best young point guards in the league. In my mind Rubio is way ahead of Rondo; but how do you convince another team that they should be traded straight up. Maybe with all the PG talk we can steal a big!

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:51 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Anyone have a 10 minute turnover video?

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 03:16:17 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Anyone have a 10 minute turnover video?

aka The Tony Allen video

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 05:40:08 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Would Ainge pull the trigger to get Rubio? Europeans will finally have a Point Guard to aspire too.

You forget about outstanding players such as Tony Parker or my countryman Jose Calderon.  ::)

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 06:43:39 AM »

Offline thexhole

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
this guy don't have jumper, he is 6-3 but his shooting is like a 7-2 guy because he rarely jump while shooting. without jumper and not a very athletic guy(like rondo, B.Davis, parker, barbosa these guys don't have very good shooting, but they freak of nature!) this guy will struggle in his early franchise.

and i don't think this guy can compared to pistol pete now, because pistol is a shooting & scoring machine, and this guy is only a very good playmaker now.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:35 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Rubio is a better defender right now than Maravich ever was.  As for his jumper, it's good enough to keep teams honest if his defender drops below the pick.  Rondo's jumper isn't quite there yet.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 08:44:37 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I dont think he'll get away with palming the ball like that in the pros. You can't hold the ball and move - you need to be dribbling. He got a lot of passes off like that, because you didnt know if he was just palming/dribbling or getting ready for a pass. In my mind he picks the ball up. Illegal move.

I think he'll be a great player though.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Gee, everyone else gets away with palming, why not Rubio?  Iverson has been palming on his crossover for years, and don't even get me started on Dwayne Wade, who palms or travels almost every time he drives to the basket.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
Gee, everyone else gets away with palming, why not Rubio?  Iverson has been palming on his crossover for years, and don't even get me started on Dwayne Wade, who palms or travels almost every time he drives to the basket.

Not the way Rubio does and they've called it many times during the playoffs, specifically on Melo if I remember it correctly.

Does anyone have any tape of him against the US Olympic team? I think that would be more telling. Also, he'll need to learn to jump to get a shot off in the NBA.

I think it's easier for Rondo to develop a shot and his passing and court sense, than for Rubio to develop NBA speed and quickness - you can't argue that. I use to be a big supporter of the Rubio trade rumors, but the more I think about it, I think once Rondo matures, and if he learns how to shoot, he's the perfect PG.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Check out these amazing Rubio stats!

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=esp&PlayerID=84319

LOL.  but the most telling part of these stats are his numbers against the US in olympic games. All in all, pretty average(AT BEST).

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
Check out these amazing Rubio stats!

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=esp&PlayerID=84319

LOL.  but the most telling part of these stats are his numbers against the US in olympic games. All in all, pretty average(AT BEST).

But he's only 18/19 - he's major upside.