Author Topic: 4-team trade idea based on past rumors  (Read 2582 times)

4-team trade idea based on past rumors
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Since I have enjoyed reading everyone's big trade ideas lately, I thought I would give it a go just for fun. Tis the season don't ya know. I think the trade below is generally fair to all parties, but likely too complex to ever come to fruition. Feel free to criticize or send praise.

Boston:

Gives Rondo, T. Allen, E. House, Scal, Pruitt, and Giddens
Receives Hinrich, #4, and Hawes OR Thompson

Chicago:

Gives Hinrich, Deng, #16, and #26
Receives Amare, T. Allen, and Giddens

Phoenix:

Gives Amare
Receives Deng, E. House, Scal, #16, and #26

Sac-town:

Gives #4 and Hawes or Thompson
Receives Rondo and Pruitt

Boston's reasoning: Hinrich is the perfect point guard for this system. He can shoot, defend, run a team, and even backup the two if necessary. Additionally, they don't have to extend Rondo for big money and they add talent and depth. Obviously the C's would need a free agent or two to round out the squad, and they would be smart to pick up a veteran wing player (Q. Ross?). In my fantasy land, the C's then trade R. Allen for Rip Hamilton and T. Prince since Detroit seems hell-bent on trading Rip and getting all the cap space they can for free agents. If the Pistons buyout Allen, they would then have enough to sign Gordon, Hedo, and Boozer this year and still have enough left over to get one of those prized free agents next year. Ray would then come back to the C's for the Mid-level. This would do two things: 1) solidify one of the greatest Celtic teams ever, and 2) prove there is a God and he or she is a Celtics fan.

Boston Celtics Squad before prayers:
PG: KH, Marbury
SG: RA, #4 (Harden)
SF: PP, BW
PF: KG, GD, LP
C:  KP, Hawes/Thompson, #58 (Sutan)

Chicago has been rumored to be offering Hinrich, Deng/Thomas, and first-rounders for a top big like Bosh or Amare. This trade complies with that rumor.

Phoenix is rumored to be shopping Amare for financial relief (check), a young stud (check), and picks (check). This would give them three first-round picks in the draft and Deng to start rebuilding. Luckily for them, this draft is ripe with good point guards because Nash would likely opt-out after this trade, but that would then save them even more money.

The Kings' fan-base is constantly bemoaning their point guard situation. Rondo would certainly solve a lot of problems for them and make a great backcourt with K-Mart, but I'm not sure they give up one of their top bigs and the #4 for him. Pruitt's addition is solely for numbers to satisfy the CBA.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:50:50 PM by Jon Niednagel »
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

Re: 4-team trade idea based on past rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea. It must be so good that it made everyone speechless, or so boring it put everyone to sleep.  :P
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea. It must be so good that it made everyone speechless, or so boring it put everyone to sleep.  :P

Jon, not boring, I think it is just that there have been so many trade ideas recently that people are just a little tired of them.  My gut reaction is that I would think that Bos could get more for Rondo and the expiring contracts, but not bad for Boston. Although I will admit that I was never high on Hinrich until the playoffs this past year.  He was great for Chi against us....  I think this trade doesn't work because Chicago gives up a lot for Amare (2 very good players and 2 draft picks).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
Thanks for feedback Cman. I respect your thoughts. TP.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I actually like it from our perspective but agree that we're in "possible trade" overload so it's hard to really look at it from other teams' perspective. I'm in favor of trades that strengthen us for the coming season, and I actually think this probably does by giving our bench such a big boost while providing a capable replacement for Rondo, some frontcourt depth and a high draft pick who hopefully can contribute some in the immediate future. Still would like to see a backup 3 come in here, though. 
Go Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
TP for your thoughts paintitgreen (I was initially going to write your name as initials until I realized I would be calling you PIG :o)